Hongbin's inner weeb

Fanboy

Ok some of the terms and refs I use:

Kuroko - the main character. He's very weak and gets sick easily. 
Kagami - Kuroko's partner in basketball. 
Aomine - Kuroko's previous partner from middle school. They had a big falling out and things are super angsty between them now.
Aokuro - ship name for Aomine/Kuroko
Perfect Copy - name of an ability that a character uses. It allows him to copy the moves of other players, even ones better than himself.
Vanishing Drive - an ability of Kuroko's that lets him become seemingly invisible to get past another player who is blocking him.
Aoki - ship name for Aomine/Kise


“Oh god.”

 

Taekwoon rolled his eyes. Here we go again.

 

“What is it?” he asked in a slightly sarcastic tone.

 

Hongbin turned around to face him, and his eyes were slightly puffy and red. Taekwoon couldn’t help but smile and raise an eyebrow.

 

“So Kuroko went to lie down because he was feeling sick-”

 

“Doesn’t he always feel sick?” Taekwoon cut in.


“Shush. He went to lie down and Kagami was with him but the vending machine wasn’t working, so he left to go find him a drink outside. And then someone just walked past and set a drink bottle down next to Kuroko and said ‘here’, and then Kuroko said ‘thanks’ and sat up to take it, and he looked up and-” Hongbin paused to gather his emotions. Taekwoon rolled his eyes again. “It was Aomine! It was Aomine! And then they just angstily stared at each other as it cut to the ad break. It was Aomine.”

 

“I have no idea what you just said, but it sounds important,” Taekwoon said, shaking his head.

 

“It’s very important. Oh god.” Hongbin fanned his face with his hands.

 

Taekwoon laughed. “Okay, that’s it. No more screens.” He stood up and snapped Hongbin’s laptop shut, picking it up and taking it away.

 

“What!? But I have to see what happens next! Aokuro, Taekwoonie! Aokuro!”

 

“I still don’t know what that means!” Taekwoon called out as he went into the bedroom to put away the laptop.


IT’S MY SHIP!” Hongbin screeched shrilly.

 

Taekwoon smiled. “You can live without your ship for a few hours. We’re going out. You’ve been on there all day.”

 

Hongbin huffed. “I can’t just be dropped with that massive bomb and not watch more. You’re cruel. You’re cruel to me.”

 

Taekwoon leaned down and kissed his cheek. “I know. I’m awful. Now get up and put some shoes on.”

~~~

“So, I’m good at basketball.”

 

Taekwoon sighed and shook his head, though a betraying smile was on his lips.

 

“I’m on the uni’s official team!”

 

“I know that. You’re very talented.”

 

“I could totally be in Kuroko no Basket.”

 

“What would your super power be?” Taekwoon asked, playing along.

 

“They’re not super powers!” Hongbin insisted. “The characters are just… abnormally good.”

 

“Uh huh. So, what would your abnormal talent be?”

 

“I dunno. Perfect Copy would be pretty useful. Vanishing Drive is awesome, though.”

 

“I don’t know what those are.”

 

“You have to watch it, Taekwoonie! You need to understand the things that are important to me!” Hongbin whined.

 

Taekwoon smiled. “I’ll watch it if you want me to.”

 

“Well why haven’t you before!?”

 

“You never asked.”

 

“You never offered!”

 

“You seemed pretty content with the arrangement.”

 

Hongbin snorted. “Fine. We’ll watch some later then.” He tipped his head down and mumbled, “If you’re okay with that…” Taekwoon slid his arm around Hongbin’s waist, and the younger man jumped slightly. “We’re in public!” he hissed.

 

“Don’t care. You’re too cute for words.” Taekwoon leaned in and gave him a quick kiss on the cheek before retreating and pulling his arm away. When he looked out of the corner of his eye, Hongbin was blushing furiously and chewing on his bottom lip.

 

Cute.

 

Taekwoon led him to the campus park, and they walked around the edge of the grass for a while, mostly chatting about assignments and study. Hongbin kept managing to slip in basketball references. As they walked, Taekwoon would bump his hand with Hongbin’s, making the shorter man freeze and gasp for a second each time.

 

“Stop that,” he muttered when Taekwoon did it again.


“Stop what?”

 

“Touching me! Someone’s going to see!”

 

Taekwoon sighed. It was bull that he had to hide his relationship with Hongbin. Why couldn’t they just be open about it? So what if they were both guys, he should be able to at least hold hands with him without getting stares from people.

 

“Sorry, I’ll stop.”

 

Hongbin sighed as well, then looked up past Taekwoon’s shoulder. “Want to get coffee?”

 

Taekwoon raised an eyebrow. “You hate coffee.”

 

“Eh, I’ll get a mocha. A really weak one,” Hongbin smiled, sticking his hands in his pockets and leaning forward on his toes.  

 

Taekwoon reached up and pushed his glasses up that were falling down his nose.

 

“You’re a hopeless hipster. You don’t even like Starbucks.”

 

“I like Starbucks plenty, thank you. Just not the coffee part. They have other drinks!”

 

“Suuure. Come on, I’ll pay.”

 

A few minutes later they were sporting cardboard coffee cups, Taekwoon’s with a vanilla latte, Hongbin’s with a really weak mocha – he had specifically requested that.

 

“How is it?” Taekwoon asked, taking a sip from his drink.

 

“It’s okay. I should have just gotten a hot chocolate. Ah but extra caffeine is good,” Hongbin answered. He screwed up his face a little when he took a sip.

 

“You are the fussiest person, I swear,” Taekwoon smiled.

 

“Hush. Not everyone likes coffee, you know.”

 

Taekwoon bumped his shoulder with his own, then continued to walk on.

 

“So,” Hongbin said as they started to cross the grass. “Who would you ship?”

 

Taekwoon pursed his lips. “I don’t really know. I don’t know the characters well enough. I like the blonde one with the dark skinned one though.”

 

Hongbin gasped excitedly and Taekwoon almost regretted giving an answer. “Aoki!”

 

“What?”

 

“Aomine and Kise!”

 

“Of course.”

 

“They’re also perfect together.”

 

Taekwoon let Hongbin ramble on about their compatibility for a while, smiling and nodding. He didn’t really understand any of it, but it was cute seeing Hongbin get so excited. Before they knew it they were back outside their apartment building.

 

Taekwoon leaned in and silenced Hongbin (he was still talking about his ships) with a kiss when they were in the entryway.

 

Well that shut him up.

 

He stood there, mouth parted and staring at Taekwoon for a moment.

 

“Are you okay?” Taekwoon asked, smiling at him.

 

“I lost my train of thought,” Hongbin answered, his voice slightly dreamy.

 

“Ah. That was the idea.”

 

“You don’t like hearing me ramble?”

 

“I like hearing you ramble plenty, I’m just concerned for your now cold beverage.”

 

Hongbin looked down and sniffed his cup. “Oh. Yeah. Well it wasn’t that good anyway.”

 

“I paid for it,” Taekwoon reminded him. “Being wasteful is a vice.”

 

“This was literally the cheapest mocha I’ve ever encountered in my life,” Hongbin argued back.

 

“Fine,” Taekwoon shook his head, smiling. “Now shut up and let me kiss you.”

 

Hongbin was quite happy to be quiet after that.


lmao idek what this is. 

If you want to talk to me about basketball anime, hmu at my tumblr here. I'm not writing much kpop stuff right now (like I mentioned in a status a while back I actually lost my USB that has all my VIXX stories so even if I wanted to finish them, I can't), but if you guys are interested in my non-kpop works I have an AO3 account for that shiz here

righteo, thanks for reading my lovelies. see u alligators lator