Eye of the Storm

Of Storms in the Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Zitao sat slumped on the desk, feeling utterly helpless about the situation. Things would be much easier if he would be attracted to Sehun instead of the stupid handsome teacher who teaches Shakespeare and tutors him afterwards.


 

The first day he had the wrong impression regarding Mr. Wu because he couldn’t deny the fact that he wasn’t only a face but also a . His first day had gone downhill pretty quick:



 

He cursed this Oh Sehun guy for making him walk all over the huge school just to find his teacher.


 

He sighed in relief when he finally found the damn office. Mr. Wu was busy looking over something and seemed surprised to find him at the door.


 

He nodded, giving him the permission to enter. He swallowed his drying saliva because the man was the most intimidating person he had ever seen for a teacher. Why wasn’t he something else-like a model for an example. Would suit him.


 

He quietly handed over the paper his tutor had given him.


 

Those angry-bird eye-brows furrowed even further making him look unnaturally angry.


 

But his eyes right there popped out of his sockets when the man started laughing out of nowhere. What in actual ! Sun rose from north it seems.


 

He had read the note and it wasn’t anything particularly funny in his opinion that would make his faced teacher laugh.


 

And in that moment he made the mistake of observing his handsome teacher laugh. He had tried not to pay attention to his looks earlier knowing that he was a teacher for god sake but now seeing how his features lit up when he laughed, Zitao knew he was ed. His teacher was totally his type. Oh God Why.


 

And the second mistake he made was to think that maybe he wasn’t as scary as rumors had painted him to be as he took in how Mr. Wu gestured him to sit with his lips still curled into a small smile.


 

The smile ed with his brains the entire day and his brain painted even higher definition pictures of his Shakespeare teacher in various states of smiles and laughter. He needed to divorce his brain real quick because his brain had ignored the fact of the century that the man was his teacher.


 

More images streamed in his head and he smiled before he realized what was happening.


 

He hit his head on the mattress repeatedly hoping that his brain would get the message somehow. He didn’t need this.



 

He pondered over the ‘Two Mistakes of His Life’ when he understood that observing a person was completely inevitable especially if you are gonna be cramped with them in a room to study. His brain conveniently chose another subject to study. Like his teacher.



 

How moronic of his brain.



 

The second mistake however could have been completely avoided but it was the result of his first mistake so yeah that is why both of them are mistakes and he is just plain genius to jump right into the eye of the storm.



 

“Shakespeare hath turned each one of us into philosophers.” An annoying voice spoke next to him.


 

“Shut up Sehun.” He buried his head in his arms to avoid the approaching duo.


 

Sadly they don’t take the hint as always.


 

“Then?” He settles in the chair next to him with his boyfriend doing the same across him.


 

He was thankful for their company in a new place and a new school but right now he needed to be alone- and daydream about his teacher- his brain oh-so-helpfully supplied.


 

Or not, he thought sadly.


 

“It isn’t Shakespeare but because of Shakespeare.” His frustration regarding the matter was leaking into his words. And Sehun was quick to catch the sliver of emotion.



 

“You have been weird ever since you started tutoring with Mr. Wu. You have been daydreaming non stop and then you have this internal monologues where you curse your brain 90% of the time. What occupies your rest 10%? And why are you basically cursing yourself?



 

Jongin guffawed loudly. Zitao turned to glare at him with his eyes narrowed like a cat’s, trying to push as much of his self loathing into the glare, as much as he could.



 

Sehun hit his arm in retaliation. “Stop glaring.”


 

“He started it first!” Zitao whined like a child.


 

"That’s not the problem here.” And Oh Sehun brilliantly dodged the topic when it pointed  fingers at his boyfriend. Why does he even bother.


 

“Problem? What problem? I am totally fine. Who said there was a problem?-Zitao was rambling and it made his friend incredibly amused. It meant only one thing. He had ing decoded him like some kind of program. He needed to leave before his crush was exposed.



 

“Oh! Will you  see the time! It’s already the time for the session. Bye!” He got up and was about to run away with his bag when he felt something holding him back. It none other than Sehun holding a large chunk of his bag to keep him from running away.



 

“Session huh?” Sehun was grinning with his teeth on display. Situation was worsening. Abort everything. Abort life. Abort Abort Abort.



 

Suddenly his bag was released making him sway a bit. “Bye .” The grin had transformed into a smirk. One that held a lot of mystery inside and plethora of dark promises. Nope.



 

Leaving was still his primary mission. Abort the abort. He needed to run.






 

Standing outside Mr. Wu’s door he ran a hand through his dark strands, contemplating to skip the hellhole or not.



 

Well his contemplations were all thrown out of the window when Mr. Wu strode past him entering his office, not before sparing him a purrfect raised eyebrow.



 

He didn’t stand a chance.




 

 

 




 

“Okay, so from Act II Scene I.  Any questions Mr. Huang?”



 

Zitao shook his head in a daze. A daze that was induced by his deep voice. “Good. Then we will begin.”



 

Yep, Zitao had only begun to admire his teacher.



 

. He was going crazy. He was supposed to study Shakespeare here not Mr. Wu. Nononononononoonononnonononononnononnononnonononononononononㅡ


 

“Are you listening?” Mr Wu didn’t seem pleased.


 

“Yes” Nonononononononononononononononon–.


 

He wasn’t lying, technically he was listening but he registered nothing. Except for the deep voice. The y deep voice. The voice which melted in his ears like chocolate giving him an eargasm. Nope, he wasn’t listening at all.




 

The session went on with Zitao blankly nodding at every perfect interval giving the illusion of his attention on the teacher when his mind had taken a flight to the dream world.




 

“-the test this friday”. Zitao was jerked out of his daydream.


 

Three words. One Sentence. And that is how ladies and gentlemen, Huang Zitao realized that he was ed.


 

Test. This. Friday.


 

He understands in Shakespeare.



 

 

 


 

As he lay wailing internally on his bed, he was hit with a ton of bricks. There is no point in passing the test. If he passes he can say goodbye to seeing Mr. Wu every week privately in his room.


 

And knowing his thirsty self, his crush won’t go away just because the object of his affections doesn’t see him anymore.



 

So he saw no point in studying something that was way beyond his understanding. He hit the pillow and felt into a sleep with dreams of his favourite teacher.


 

 

 



 

Zitao peered down at the paper knowing full well he could answer nothing. Sweat began to form on his skin at the thought of leaving the paper blank. He had never failed a test intentionally. All's fair in love and war.



 

He can’t lose the only chance he had to see his teacher. He will worry about the future later. He has to stabilize his present first.



 

His infatuation was worsening like an abyss. Once he was over this he will surely read the dude’s plays.




 

That didn’t help the fact that he wrote nothing on his paper.


 

 

 



 

He was sweating bullets, sitting in Mr. Wu’s office. He had failed the test and Mr. Wu had exclusively requested his presence in the roomㅡ more like commanded in that y voice of his to see him regarding the test.



 

“Mr. Huang? Good you came by.” Mr. Wu entered the room with a tired sigh, loosening his tie as he made his way to the desk


 

Zitao couldn’t afford to face the man. He was expecting him to-



 

“Is something bothering you Mr. Huang?” –to scold him. Whut? He was dreaming some up again.



 

“I asked you something, Mr. Huang?” The mental jerk he felt from the words drove away all his doubts. It’s time to face the reality panda-boy. His brain sassed in voice that suspiciously sounded like Sehun



 

He dared to look up at the scary teacher and he almost recoiled when he saw kindness in them. This was not the intimidating teacher he knew. He had dreamt up all sorts of scenarios which involved his teacher regarding his test. Not in a single one of them, was a scene, where the man wasn’t scolding him.



 

His confusion must have been clear on his face because his teacher leaned back on his chair and addressed him again.




 

“I was once in your position, in a new place, a new school full of strangers that i didn’t want to see but had to face them in the name of education. New environment not only stressed me out but I also had to deal with subjects I had no idea about.” Mr. Wu was quiet for a while lost in his thoughts


 

Zitao wasn’t sure where his teacher was going, by telling him this, but he listened intently in hopes of finding something new about his teacher. The things students like him would never know.


 

Mr. Wu let out a small chuckle. Zitao should be scared about the complete turnover but he loved it. Because it showed that there was more to his teacher than all that scary attitude.


 

“What I am asking you is, are you homesick? Stressed?” His face had morphed into concern for him. The handsome features still standing out despite the tiredness.



 

The

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter