final ;

Almost Overflowing

All the members were hanging out together after showering and resting. Dahyun had a scheduled V-Live soon so they were rushing to get ready and prepare themselves. Their managers had ordered pizza for them which still hadn’t arrived. Tzuyu was sitting with Jeongyeon and Nayeon, discussing who wanted to go first with Dahyun. Chaeyoung already said she wasn’t going to join in with the others since she was still quite tired from their trip to LA. After a quick game of rock, paper and scissors, it was decided that Jeongyeon and Tzuyu will go and join Dahyun after she talks for a little while.

If Tzuyu was completely honest, she wanted to do a V-Live with just Sana. The past few days, she had not talked to her much since she kept spending time with anyone else but herself. It was driving Tzuyu mad. Was Sana angry at her? Had she done something wrong? It felt like each time she approached her, she walked the other way. Maybe doing the V-Live with Jeongyeon and Dahyun will help her feel better. She really hoped it did because it was affecting her more than she liked it to. She hadn’t been sleeping well or eating well. There was just so much going on in her head that she couldn’t sleep. She rarely ate because sitting for a long time with Sana seemed to make her uncomfortable.

Despite going through all this, Tzuyu kept her feelings to herself. She sure as hell didn’t know what it meant and she didn’t want to assume things without talking to Sana first. Talking to Sana was a whole different thing on its own for Tzuyu. Of course she’d tried talking to her and fixing whatever this was between the two. Somehow Sana always escaped her line of sight just when she wanted to approach her. Tzuyu was always left sighing heavily at the situation and walked to her dorm instead.

When they went to LA, Tzuyu thought they were okay. Sana hadn’t talked to her much but they had a few interactions on stage at the end of KCCON. Were those moments perhaps just for their fans? Why was she asking herself that when she knew it was true? Sana had spent time with the other members, uploaded selfies and videos with them but not spent time with her. She stayed further away from her on their trip back. At that time, Tzuyu hadn’t thought much about it or what it meant. Maybe Sana just wanted to spend time with the others who she knew for longer. It wasn’t until yesterday when she tried to piece everything together that she actually thought deep and hard about it.

While she would usually talk to Sana about her feelings and emotions, she couldn’t really talk to anyone. She didn’t tell anyone when she felt upset that she didn’t get any presents at the airport when they arrived at LA. She didn’t tell anyone that she had in fact twisted her ankle protecting Sana from pushing fans. She didn’t tell anyone that travelling so far made her miss her parents. She didn’t tell anyone that they had almost left her behind at the airport. She didn’t tell anyone that she just wanted a comforting hug. She didn’t tell anyone that she performed with so much pain from saving Sana. She just kept it to herself. With all that and the fact that Sana wasn’t talking to her, she felt like she was b to the top of her calm capacity. She was b but she would never let it flood. Unless it was major, nothing could tip her over.

Tzuyu was honestly afraid that she was going to burst while she was talking to the fans on the V-Live so she decided to talk to someone at least. She needed to release her feelings before she regretted doing something in front of everyone.

“Jeongyeon Unnie, can I talk to you?” Tzuyu whispered in Jeongyeon’s ear, earning a few glances from the other members – including Sana.

“Hmm? Sure Tzuyu. What’s wrong?” Asked Jeongyeon as she pulled Tzuyu into an empty room and locked it.

Jeongyeon knew whatever it was, seemed to be quite serious since there were already tears b in Tzuyu’s eyes as soon as Jeongyeon laid her eyes on her.

“Tzuyu! What’s wrong!” Jeongyeon exclaimed worriedly.

“Unnie, I can’t take it anymore.” Cried Tzuyu, sliding down the wall she was leaning on.

“Talk to me Tzuyu. Is this about why you’ve been so quiet and to yourself lately?” Jeongyeon asked softly.

Tzuyu nodded, “It hurts Unnie. It really does.”

Jeongyeon simply tried to soothe Tzuyu. Of course she had realised that Tzuyu hadn’t been herself lately. When they were at the dinner table, she ate only a little bit before she left. She smiled and said she was full but Jeongyeon knew her smile wasn’t reflective of her true emotions. She knew Tzuyu was going through something. She also saw the bags under Tzuyu’s eyes before she tried to cover them up with makeup. She didn’t want to pressure her into talking about her so she kept an eye on her from a distance. Jeongyeon had a feeling that something was fellow member Minatozaki Sana. She saw Tzuyu stare at the Japanese girl countless times and she had also seen her approach her. Sana had been avoiding her or ignoring her; she couldn’t tell what it was but it was really affecting Tzuyu.

Jeongyeon almost let out her anger at Sana one day after Tzuyu collapsed in the practice room. It was just the two of them there and she had taken Tzuyu back into her room and put her to bed. Tzuyu didn’t seem to remember that she fainted which saved Jeongyeon an explanation as to why she was in bed when they were practicing. Jeongyeon knew that Sana had affected Tzuyu mentally but she never knew it was that bad to the extent that she wasn’t sleeping well enough. When the members asked about Tzuyu at the dinner table, Jeongyeon was specifically staring at Sana. Anger was boiling inside her because the maknae was suffering from her actions. But Jeongyeon couldn’t let anyone know how Tzuyu felt. She kept it secret from the others.

“Ah – she’s just sleeping. She was tired from practice.”

She lied to her members about why the maknae was sleeping for so long. She was glad that Tzuyu was finally getting some rest at least.

All this happened just a day ago yet it felt like it was only moments ago.

“What hurts Tzuyu?” Jeongyeon asked again.

“Why is she so distant? What did I do to her? Did I hurt her? Have I said something wrong the past few days?” Tzuyu whimpered.

“Who?” Jeongyeon inquired, even though she already knew.

“Sana Unnie. She’s so distant from me lately and she isn’t talking to me at all. She keeps avoiding me.” Tzuyu whispered.

There’s still some time until the V-Live. She should let it all out – Jeongyeon

“Whatever it is, you shouldn’t blame yourself over it. I know it hurts but just let everything out; I promise you’ll feel better. Talk to me about how you feel.” Said Jeongyeon.

So Tzuyu let everything out. She talked about her frustration and her anger. She talked about how she felt at the airport and the fact that she missed her parents. She left out the fact that she twisted her ankle though. She didn’t want to add that to the pile of things to worry about.

“Just letting you guys know that Dahyun started her V-Live!” Nayeon shouted from outside the door.

Tzuyu wiped away her tears and attempted to stand up but her footing slipped and she tumbled to the ground. Damn her twisted ankle!

“Tzuyu! Are you okay!” Jeongyeon asked worriedly.

Tzuyu didn’t respond, she was only wincing. Jeongyeon carefully pulled the shoe off the leg that Tzuyu was holding despite her efforts to stop her.

“What the ?!” Jeongyeon whispered harshly. “What is this Chou Tzuyu!”

She walked out of the room and jogged to the fridge, pulling out some ice and ignoring the questions that the other members were throwing at her.

“How did this happen?” Asked Jeongyeon, as she gently iced Tzuyu’s ankle.

“So-some fans were pushing Sana at the airport and I-I twisted it while I was stopping them.” Tzuyu stuttered through the pain.

“You performed like this too? And practiced with this! Are you crazy! Why didn’t you tell anyone!” Jeongyeon scolded.

“I didn’t want to disappoint anyone or worry anyone.” Replied Tzuyu, head lowered.

“You’re such an idiot Chou Tzuyu! What if it had gotten worse? I’m going to tell the others.” Jeongyeon said, standing up to leave.

“No, Unnie! Please! I want to keep this to myself. I’ll go to the doctors later, I promise. Just can-can you come with me? I don’t want to go by myself. Sana Unnie went with me when I needed to go.” Tzuyu mumbled.

Jeongyeon’s gaze softened and she nodded, agreeing to Tzuyu’s condition.

“Can you walk?” Jeongyeon asked as she pulled Tzuyu up.

Tzuyu walked around and nodded.

“Can I just put my arm around you? For support?” Tzuyu asked.

Jeongyeon nodded and they headed out of the room.

“Do anything like that again and I’ll kill you with my Lego!” Jeongyeon teased, ruffling Tzuyu’s hair.

The other members just looked at the two with confused eyes. What the hell happened in there?

“Ah Unnie! We’re about to go live! You can’t ruin my hair!” Tzuyu whined, walking towards the couch Dahyun was sitting on!

“Oh Jeongyeon Unnie is here!” Dahyun said.

“Tzuyu!” Jeongyeon called as she sat on the couch.

“Tzuyu is here too!” Said Dahyun excitedly.

“Hello everyone!” Jeongyeon greeted, leaning her chin on Tzuyu’s shoulder.

“Hello!” Tzuyu greeted.

“I think someone should do aegyo. Who should do it? Tzuyu?” Dahyun suggested teasingly.

“NO!” Tzuyu said cutely, moving out of the view of the camera and on the floor.

“Oh! That was aegyo!” Dahyun said.

“It wasn’t!” Tzuyu whined.

“It sounded like it!” Jeongyeon added.

Tzuyu just hid behind her hair.

“You should do it Dahyun Unnie!” Tzuyu suggested.

“Me? No ~.” Dahyun said.

“Come on Unnie!” Tzuyu asked.

“Okay, fine ~ Nico, Nico Ni ~” Dahyun said cutely.

“Ah! My ears!” Tzuyu teased.

Jeongyeon left to go somewhere leaving Dahyun and Tzuyu by themselves.

“What were you even talking about?” Tzuyu asked.

“Nothing much. Do you think someone else will join us? Maybe Chaeyoung or Nayeon?” Dahyun suggested.

“Nayeonnie is here!” Jeongyeon said, coming back again as Dahyun focussed the camera on Nayeon.

“Ah! I knew it!” Exclaimed Dahyun

“Oh Sana, Sana-chan is here!” Dahyun said.

“Ya, what about me!” Nayeon whined as Sana sat next to Dahyun.

“Come here Unnie.” Dahyun suggested.

Tzuyu just huffed in annoyance at Dahyun and Sana’s proximity. She rolled off the couch silently and headed back to the adjoining room, tears already forming. The sight almost made Jeongyeon choke on the pizza that had finally arrived. She didn’t know where to go, chase after Tzuyu or check what made her mad. Tzuyu needed her space right now. Jeongyeon walked to the others and realised what had made Tzuyu upset – it was just Sana and Dahyun and they seemed closer than anything. She swore under her breath and acted normal as she was called into the group which had Nayeon and Jihyo as well now. They spent a few more minutes together before Nayeon, Jeongyeon and Sana left Dahyun with Jihyo.

“Sana, I need to talk to you.” Jeongyeon said as they moved into the other room.

“Sure, what’s up.” Sana asked casually.

“You’ve been acting weird these past few days.” Implied Jeongyeon.

“What do you mean?” Sana asked.

“Can you talk to Tzuyu?” Jeongyeon got straight to the point.

“Why, is something wrong?” Sana asked.

“You want me to be to the point? Why the hell have you been treating Tzuyu so badly? You’ve been avoiding her like the plague. Did she hurt you or do something to offend you?” Jeongyeon scolded.

“N-No.” Sana stuttered.

“Why the hell are you ignoring her then? Do you know she hasn’t been eating and sleeping well because of you? She even worries about you when you don’t.” Jeongyeon muttered the end.

“You mean the way she’s been acting the past few days is because of me?” Sana whispered.

 “Just talk to her, will you? The others will control the rest of the V-Live.” Jeongyeon said before she walked away.

Sana nodded and walked to the room Tzuyu was supposedly in. She knocked on the door gently, taking a huge breath.

“Go away.” She heard a muffled response.

Sana knocked again and a frustrated Tzuyu opened the door. Her gaze faltered a bit when she saw it was Sana but she kept it up and tried to close the door instead. Sana easily stopped the door from closing and walked inside, locking the door behind her.

“What do you want?” Tzuyu asked coldly.

Okay, Sana knew she deserved that. She hadn’t exactly treated Tzuyu well the past few days. She moved closer to Tzuyu and sat next to her.

“I’m sorry.” Sana mumbled.

“What for? It’s not like you did anything wrong.” Tzuyu answered sarcastically.

“I’m really sorry Tzuyu. I never meant to hurt you. I didn’t know my actions would affect you like this.” Sana tried again.

Tzuyu ran her hands through her hair in frustration. She didn’t know what to do – she wasn’t expecting Sana in her room at all. She got up, slightly wincing and trying to mask the pain. She failed though, Sana immediately shot up in concern, seating Tzuyu down.

“Why are you in pain?” Sana asked.

“No reason. I’ll just go to Jeongyeon.” Tzuyu replied with clenched teeth. The pain was really bad. She stood up and tried to walk again but Sana pulled her back down.

“Sit right here and don’t move an inch.” Sana scolded.

She pulled off Tzuyu’s shoe and inhaled sharply at the bruising and swelling evident around her ankle. She walked out to the fridge and took out an ice-pack for Tzuyu’s foot. Sana wrapped it in a cloth to lessen the cold impact on Tzuyu’s foot.

“How did this happen?” Sana asked softly.

Tzuyu didn’t respond and Sana looked at her, raising an eyebrow.

“It happened a few days ago.” Tzuyu mumbled.

Sana almost dropped the ice-pack she was holding. She was injured for so long and she didn’t tell anyone? She didn’t go to the doctors?

That’s because she only goes with me – Sana

Sana swore under her breath and continued to nurse Tzuyu’s injury.

“You didn’t answer how it happened.” Sana asked again.

“It happened at the airport. I just twisted my ankle.” Tzuyu replied.

Was that when fans were pushing me? I remember not being pushed around after a few seconds but I assumed it was just the bodyguards. I heard some fans gasp but I thought nothing of it – Sana

“It was because of me, wasn’t it? You were hurt because you were trying to stop the fans.” Sana asked.

Sana took Tzuyu’s silence as a yes. She worried about her even when she was treating her badly – it only made her feel guilty.

“You deserve to know the reason why I’ve been acting the way I have. Our manager – he suggested that I should stay away from you for a little while. Uh – how do I word this. Basically, he realised I like you and told me to stick with the other members to make it less obvious. Onces already like us together so they didn’t want anything to blow up if I stayed too close to you. I didn’t know it would hurt you so much. I’m so, so, so, sorry.” Sana said sincerely.

“You – you like me?” Tzuyu asked.

Was that all she got from that? – Sana

Sana blushed deeply and sulked when she realised she confessed so unromantically. She turned to leave out of embarassment but Tzuyu pulled her back down, Sana ending up closer to Tzuyu than before. Their lips were millimetres away. Tzuyu glanced at Sana’s lips, they were so damn tempting – she couldn’t hold back anymore. She closed the distance between the two and kissed Sana. Tzuyu closed her eyes automatically and smiled into the kiss as Sana wrapped her arms around her neck. She s her arm around Sana’s waist bringing their bodies closer. Sana’s heart could’ve exploded at the soft contact and Tzuyu thought she was going to have a heart attack with the way her heart was beating right now. They broke apart, panting heavily and foreheads still touching.

Sana looked down and shivered slightly. She still couldn’t believe the amount of pain that she had caused Tzuyu. She was so insane thinking that staying away from Tzuyu was a good idea in the first place. She hadn’t even realised but she started crying.

Tzuyu gently lifted up Sana’s chin and wiped away her tears. “Don’t cry baby, you’re way too beautiful to cry.”

“Are you saying I look ugly when I cry?” Sana asked, sniffling.

“Of course not! You look like a squirrel when you cry.” Tzuyu teased, earning a glare from Sana.

“I do not!” Replied Sana, puffing her cheeks.

“Let me take a picture and show you.” Tzuyu said, whipping out her phone and taking a quick picture.

“Ya!” Sana scolded.

“You – Minatozaki Sana – are the most amazing person I’ve ever met. Other than when you’re clinging to other people and ignoring me. But – I want you to know that I really like you. I’ll stay away from you in the public eye but when we’re not out, you’re staying with me.” Tzuyu commanded.

“O-Okay.” Sana stuttered as a result of Tzuyu’s confident voice.

“You know, you still have to earn your forgiveness.” Tzuyu stated.

“Huh?! Not fair! I explained it!” Sana pouted.

“Doesn’t mean you’re forgiven.” Tzuyu snickered.

Sana sulked and Tzuyu ruffled her hair. Sana seemed more like the child between the two of them.

“They should’ve finished the V-Live by now right? Let’s go get something to eat!” Tzuyu said enthusiastically.

She got up to leave but her foot was still hurting a lot.

“Don’t you dare move. I’ll bring you the food and another ice-pack.” Sana scolded.


A/N: I was actually quite sad when I saw Tzuyu move away when Sana joined Dahyun in the V Live

Hope you liked the story!

Let me know what you think ~