fin

An Hour of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This is prompt #52: Doctors/Nurse/Patient

 

 

"Patients at ER. Jaehyun, please go here." Ten said in the call and then ended it.

 

I sighed and looked at my cup of coffee. I guess I won't finish one again for today.

 

I stood up and left the cafeteria.

 

I jogged towards the elevator, smiling at faces that are familiar to me.

 

When I reached there, I pressed the ground floor.

 

I wonder what it is right now.

 

I entered the ER and saw that everyone was panicked.

 

I guess it's a large scale accident.

 

"Ten." I called out when I saw his small figure.

 

"Yo. You take care of that other one there." He pointed at a bed in a corner and I nodded, making my way to the bed.

 

"I'm scared. I'm so scared, Doctor. I'm afraid. Will I die?" I heard the patient's voice and saw that Doctor Johnny was already there, checking his vitals.

 

His voice. I never heard that voice before. But it sounded like home. It sounded like sanctuary. It sounded relaxing.

 

When I got nearer, I saw that the patient was full of blood. There was blood everywhere. Even his black hair was stained with blood. And his previously white longsleeves (I assume) is also full of blood.

 

But all I see is how precious he is. He looked like a lost kid and I want to protect him in every way possible.

 

Why do I feel this way to one patient?

 

"Oh, Jaehyun, you're here. Take care of this one while Taeyong is preparing for a CT scan." Doctor Johnny was saying and I nodded at him.

 

"Please calm down, sir." I said, holding the hand of the patient which is surprisingly clean.

 

His hands are so soft. It feels like it never touched anything rough, anything hard. He must be rich.

 

"Tell me why I should calm down." There were tears on his eyes and I wanted to tell him that he'll be fine and that he won't die.

 

But I, myself, can't assure that.

 

"Because whatever happens, I'll be here." I tightened my grip on his hand, showing that I really mean what I said.

 

"Okay, I trust you." I said.

 

We started conversing about how the accident happened while I cleaned him up with a wet towel carefully.

 

I also found out that his name is Kim Doyoung. His father owns the Kim Buildings and Doyoung is the successor of his father's company.

 

"Jaehyun." I heard Taeyong call my name.

 

"So your name is Jaehyun, huh." I saw Doyoung smile.

 

It was the best smile that I saw so far in my life.

 

"Jaehyun, it's time." Taeyong said again.

 

I smiled back at Doyoung, "We'll go get your CT scan."

 

I let Taeyong push his bed away.

 

"Hey, wait for me, huh." Doyoung said at me.

 

"Sure. Right here." I noticed Taeyong's weird stare at us but I ignored it.

 

After a while, I saw a young man go in the ER and walk around. He looks like he's looking for someone.

 

"Is there a Kim Doyoung who was here?" The young man finally asked me.

 

I wonder who he is and why he knows Doyoung.

 

"Yes, he was here. But Doctor Johnny made him go through CT scan because his head was damaged in the accident." I said and he looked a little relieved but still nervous.

 

"Ah. I'm Mark Lee. His best friend. Are you the nurse assigned to him?"

 

"Nope. But we did converse while he was still here. I'm Jaehyun."

 

"I hope he'll be fine." I could see that he was worried.

 

I'm glad that Doyoung has a nice friend.

 

"I hope so too."

 

"I'm gonna go buy some food for myself and for Doyoung if he can eat." Mark said and I nodded.

 

Taeyong went near me while I was taking care of another patient.

 

"The patient that you conversed with a while ago will be brought to the OR and will be handled by the Department of Neurosurgery."

 

I knew this. I predicted this. Doyoung will have an op

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter