Two

Always Online ♥
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Donghae! Come over here.” A dreaded voice stops Donghae in his tracks. Damn. He was so close to exiting the station.

Donghae retracts his steps back to the office of his supervisor. He notices an unfamiliar face also in the room, which he pays little attention to. After a quick bow to the elderly man five ranks higher than he is, Donghae asks, “Sir, you were looking for me?”

“I want you to meet PC1331.” Donghae’s supervisor gestures to the young man standing in the corner with his crutches. “He used to be from the Chuncheon Military Base. They transferred him here after his injury. I want you to show him the ropes, because from now on he’ll be in your team, which means I’m putting you in charge of him.”

Is this old man really serious? He is putting a cripple in their Crime Investigations Team? Their job is to throw criminals into jail not freaking babysit newbies!

Donghae ignores the outstretched hand from the new guy. “I am sorry. I cannot accept him into our team.”

“What do you mean you can’t, Donghae?” The elderly man does not seem shock at Donghae’s refusal as he takes a sip from his teacup leisurely. “Are you defying my orders?”

“Look, he is not even able to walk properly. How can he be competent in the team?” Donghae knew that his cruel words may have hurt the newbie’s feelings, but he could not let one new guy jeopardize the entire team. “I apologise sir, but I will not accept him in our team.”

“Whether you like it or not, PC1331 will be joining your team.”

Donghae protests, “Sir!”

The man in authority waves for him to be silent. “It is up to you to assign duties to PC1331 and make him a useful addition to your team. That’s final. You may leave the office now.”

Damn that old man! Donghae storms out of the station more pissed than ever. He glances at the newbie catching his breath after a short chase and that only makes Donghae more irritated. “Why are you following me?”

“Err...” the newbie gives a shy smile. “I don’t know anyone else around here, so I was wondering if you could show me around the station.”

Donghae frowns and checks his watch. ! His meeting with anonymous! “Okay, PC1331. Right now, I’ve got to meet someone. I’ll show you around when I’m back.”

Hey, something cropped up. I’ll be about ten minutes late. Sorry.

Oh, don’t worry about that. I’ll order some juice first. :)

Donghae grins at the message and manages to hail a cab at the same ti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter