Bubbles

Bubbles

"!

 

“What?” Hoseok yells as he speeds around the corner into the seperate laundry room, “Jungkook, what’s wr–?”

 

Hoseok slips through the air, gliding along the wet ground at an angle that made it look as if he were riding a jet ski. His arms thrown back widely and a scream in the air, he’s lucky Jungkook was standing right there and catches him before he even has a chance to hit his on the solid ground with a thump.

 

That doesn’t stop the pair of them from crashing to the floor together though.

 

The mountains of bubbles engulfing the entire laundry room poof up into the air as both of their weight plops down onto the ground. Clothes completely soaked through, Hoseok scans the area and assesses the damage.

 

“Oh…my…”

 

“We put in too much soap!” Jungkook yells over the washing machine rumble, loud bellowing making the machine rock back and forth as if it was about to explode at any second.

 

Hoseok pushes Jungkook to the side, bracing his hands on the floor in a desperate attempt to help himself up. “Why didn’t you shut it off?!”

 

“I don’t know how!” Jungkook yells back, face a mixture of panic and frustration. Jungkook places his hands on either side of Hoseok’s hips in order to try to help him balance enough to get up, but it does nothing but make Hoseok slip more.

 

His knees hit the ground as his hand smacks against the wildly shaking washing machine. Oh, he knows there’s going to be bruises on them tomorrow.

 

Hoseok tries to stand himself back up without slipping. He grabs onto a ledge by the wall and hoists himself up, despite the soap making the slick of his hands so slippery that he could barely grasp it.

 

Bubbles were flying up through the air, straight from the mouth of the machine. Taking a look inside was almost damn near impossible seeing as all Hoseok could see was the white of the foam. He uses his forearm to cover his eyes so he wouldn’t sting them if soap got in his eyes, and searches around for the lid.

 

After his hands find it, he shut the thing with a loud bang and uses his palms to smear away the soapy residue from the control panel. His eyes scan the words for the stop button.

 

“Where’s the off switch?!” Hoseok calls out over the loud echoes of the machine, hoping Jungkook was still behind him and able to hear him.

 

“I don’t know it’s all in a different language!” Jungkook calls back, voice closer than Hoseok was expecting. Turning his head, he finds Jungkook somehow managed to stand himself up as well and he was standing right beside him.

 

Hoseok didn’t have the time or the means to look up what each word meant in Korean, so he opts for plan b: push every single button until the machine stops.

 

After several wrong attempts, eventually he must’ve hit the button that stopped the flow of water and creation of bubbles, because the machine stops rattling and powers down.

 

Hoseok lets out a huff of relief and then looks back at Jungkook–who was absolutely covered head to toe in bubble foam.

 

At that moment Hoseok wanted to get upset–he wanted to yell about being careful with how much soap he put in the machine and not opening up the machine while it was in use. He wanted to get angry at Jungkook…but it was damn near impossible.

 

“Pffffft, you look like Santa Claus,” Hoseok manages to say as he tries to control his laughter bubbling up inside him. Jungkook looks at him with wide, disbelieving eyes.

 

“I–what?”

 

Hoseok then reaches forward and swipes the huge pile of bubbles from the top of his head and gathers it below his own chin to make a beard. “There. Now we’re matching!”

 

Jungkook takes in the sight before him and around him. Hoseok, looks around the room at the mess they had somehow created in a foreign laundry room, using a foreign washing machine before moving to make eye contact with Jungkook once again.

 

As soon as their eyes meet, they burst into uncontrollable laughter. They double over, Jungkook nearly hitting himself on the machine as they clutch their sides in laughter.

 

Hoseok bends over, scooping up a handful of bubbles and throws them at Jungkook’s face. It hits him right in his open mouth and he splutters as Hoseok almost keels over laughing at how funny his face looked right at that moment.

 

“Hyung! I’m gonna get you for tha–!”

 

In a split second decision (albeit a terrible one), Hoseok thinks it’s a good idea to take off in a run to sprint out of the laundry room. Jungkook, on the same train of bad decision making, books it right after him the second he senses motion. The end result is that they both forget that they are surrounded by slippery soap and bubbles and end up falling face first into the white sea of foam.

 

Now practically swimming in it, Jungkook pops up and jumps on top of Hoseok, who was lying with his back to the ground. Hoseok groans as Jungkook’s added weight lands on top of him and knocks the air out of him. Oddly enough, he still has enough breath to laugh though.

 

“AUUUURRGGHHHH,” Hoseok tries to roll off Jungkook off of him and manages somewhat before the younger boy’s superior strength gets the best of him and he’s pushed off–but not before blowing another stream of bubbles into Jungkook’s face.

 

This time, it’s Hoseok pushing Jungkook back, letting his body align with the top of Jungkook’s as they rolled around in the ocean of white soapy bubbles–not even caring that their clothes didn’t get washed thoroughly and they were going to have to take a serious bath after this. Hopefully, with no bubbles.

 

Jungkook manages to push him off. It was a lucky break seeing as Hoseok was too weak from laughing, the pain in the ribs making it near impossible for him to truly give it his all and fight back against the younger man.

 

Hoseok backs himself up, using the slick of the floor to scoot his as far away from Jungkook as possible, laughing all the way. He scoots as far back until his backside is hitting the side of the washing machine. It’s then that Jungkook pounces on him again.

 

His lips attack Hoseok’s, trying to smother the smile off his face, but it doesn’t work. Hoseok continues to giggle into the kiss, as Jungkook fits his hands onto Hoseok’s biceps and manages to drag him down slowly until the both of them are both lying down on the ground.

 

Hoseok could taste the soap on Jungkook’s lips and though it was gross and he had to stop every couple of seconds to spit it out, Hoseok would just wipe his lips and wipe Jungkook’s mouth and then dive back in, kissing the daylights out of his boyfriend who didn’t even know how to work a simple washing machine (but then again neither did he).

 

They roll around in the bubbles for another good five minutes before a familar voice comes slicing in from the door to the laundry room.

 

Min Yoongi stands at the foot of all the choas and stares at the two idiots rolling around in the bubbles and messing the entire place up.

 

“What the did you two morons do?!”

 

The only answer he receives is hushed giggles and the sounds of smacking lips.