Diving Into You

Diving Into You

"No, Hoseok, I don't want to dance," Yoongi states without missing a beat. He crosses his arms, staring blankly at the man in front of him.

 

"Oh, come on, Yoongi, please," Hoseok pleads, untangling Yoongi's hands from the safe confines of the folds of his arms and proceding to grasp both of Yoongi's hands in his warm palms. Yoongi balks. What was Hoseok trying to do?

 

"We're in Hawaii," Hoseok tries again, face contorting in a disturbingly cute fashion that makes Yoongi's stomach flutter strangely. His eyebrows were scrunched and pulled up, his bottom lip jutting out and trembling like he was trying to make Yoongi think he was gonna cry. The light of the sun from the outside bar they were sitting at was making it hard for Yoongi to stare at Hoseok for too long.

 

No, Yoongi shakes his head, pull yourself together, Min. This is a ing business trip not a honeymoon.

 

Not that Yoongi wanted to marry Hoseok or anything. No. That was...stupid. Laughable.

 

"W'ere here for a business conference," Yoongi points out to Hoseok, being sure to yank his hands out of Hoseok's soft hold.

 

Hoseok whimpers, grabbing his drink off the wooden bar decorated with Hawaiian flowers, leis and coconuts. Clearly a ruse for the tourists. Like them.

 

Hoseok takes one large sip of his bright red drink--with a blue and yellow froofy umbrella in it--and then sets it down on the bar again.

 

"The conference already finished!" Hoseok points out. Yoongi curses internally. He had been hoping Hoseok wouldn't pick up on that teeny tiny detail. "And our flights back aren't until tomorrow! We have a full afternoon and evening to ourselves!"

 

"Yeah, but--"

 

"Come on, hyung," Hoseok says, pulling out the hyung card Yoongi knows Hoseok knows works like a charm on him every time, "I thought when you agreed to come down to the hotel beachside bar with me that you would loosen up a little bit."

 

"I am loose," Yoongi states in his defence. Hoseok snorts.

 

"Sure you are," he steps closer to Yoongi. He's almost a head taller than him, seeing as Hoseok was standing and Yoongi was still sitting on this crickety bar stool.

 

"Please, Yoongi hyung?" Hoseok asks again, this time voice dripping with sugar as he reaches around Yoongi and pulls one of the leis off the barside. He places it over Yoongi's head, fingers brushing over his bleached blonde hair that had since gotten more poofy than fluffy with the humidty in the air.  Yoongi looks down at the multi-colored flower necklace.

 

"What the is this?"

 

"It's a lei," Hoseok giggles like the image of Yoongi in a lei was the most amusing thing in the entire world. He probably looked like a goof. "You like it? Three dollars."

 

Yoongi's head snaps back up from staring at the hideously rainbow necklace in his hand to the sparkling eyes of his very best friend and coincidentally his co-worker and business partner. The wonder and the pleading in Hoseok's eyes as well as the hopeful quirk in the side of his mouth that was slowly forming into a smile the longer he looked into Yoongi's eyes was what finally sold him.

 

"Fine," he grumbles. Why could Yoongi never say no to Hoseok when he made that ing face.

 

Hoseok cheers loudly, face breaking out into a large stupid grin that Yoongi hates that he actually finds very charming. "Yes!"

 

Hoseok turns away, presumably to sprint to the dancefloor, but Yoongi notices something.

 

"Wait," Yoongi grabs Hoseok's hand in his, spining him around and pulling him back. Hoseok stops, surprise on his face but also curiosity and a twinge of mischeif.

 

"Yeah?" There's a lift in Hoseok's voice as he quirks a wondering eyebrow. Yoongi turns around and reaches over the bar to grab his drink and something else.

 

He turns back around and downs his entire fruity drink that Hoseok had picked out for him, complete with him almost gauging his eye out with the pink paper umbrella. He swallows hard, looking back towards Hoseok who just looked to be enjoying what he was seeing.

 

He walks forward and slips a matching lei around Hoseok's neck.

 

"There," Yoongi says as he uses this as an excuse to use his finger to lightly massage the side of Hoseok's neck, "Now you owe me six dollars."

 

Ignoring Hoseok's stunned wonderstruck look, Yoongi grabs his hand and leads him onto the makeshift dance floor. It's only once they reache the middle of the dance floor that he realizes how ridiculous they look. Two Korean businessmen/tourists standing alone in the middle of the dance floor with Hawaiian patterned shirts and leis around their necks. There was light beach music playing over the loud speaks but seeing as no one was really dancing, there was no real dance music for them to dance to.

 

Hoseok seems to notice this right away.

 

"Wait here!" Hoseok shouts excitedly, pulling away from Yoongi.

 

"Hobi no wait--!"  Yoongi desperately tries to latch onto Hoseok before he leaves, but he was too slow, Hoseok slipping away easily. Yoongi is left alone in the middle of the dance floor looking like a damn fool. His face is burning red and he could feel his pale skin baking under the strong rays of the sun shining down on his skin. Hopefully it would set soon and spare him the sunburn.

 

But then a song starts. A song with a tropical vibe, almost like house music but lighter. It's catchy and Yoongi likes it immediately.

 

Hoseok is back by his side in an instant.

 

"Let's dance, hyung!" Hoseok smiles brightly, grasping onto Yoongi's hands. Yoongi nods quickly, trying to hide the pained embarrassed grimace he doesn't want on his face.

 

The vibe of the song is nice and Hoseok gets into the beat automatically, moving his body to the rhythm in a way that makes Yoongi's head spin. Or maybe just the heat was making him dizzy.

 

Yoongi was having a tough time trying to get himself to move properly. He tries his best--he really does. He takes a step forward, following Hoseok's lead but his moves are just too slilted and awkward.

 

Hoseok laughs and Yoongi's about to stop. He knew it was a bad idea to come up and dance with Hoseok.

 

But then Hoseok grabs ahold of Yoongi's hands in his. He brings their conjoined palms up in front of the both of them, at eye level. He slips his fingers into the space between Yoongi's and his face lights up into the brightest most beautiful smile Yoongi's ever seen in his life.

 

.

 

"Lighten up, Hyung," Hoseok says with a soft smile that dazzles Yoongi much more than the sun had, "just follow my lead okay?"

 

Yoongi nods without even thinking about it and as the chorus of the song starts, the tropical saxophone beat starts to seep into Yoongi's muscles and he finds himself following along.

 

Before he knew it, he's full on salsa dancing with Hoseok. He's swaying; his body moving rhythmicly to the tempo of the music. Hoseok swings Yoongi into his arms. Yoongi laughs despite himself and moves back to wrap Hoseok's hands in his. He swings their arms out together, to spin Hoseok like they were full on ballroom dancing or something. They probably looked crazy. Yoongi found he didn't really care as long as Hoseok looked this happy.

 

He swings him back in and Hoseok's boisterous laugh is intoxicating. Yoongi no longer cares that they were the only people dancing out on the beach with a bunch of foreign tourists watching them with fascination. Hoseok's enthusiasm was infectuous and Yoongi couldn't help but throw his entire body into the dance.

 

He didn't even know if what they were doing could even be considered the salsa, but that's what these moves seemed to be the closest to. They do the pretzel move with their arms and spin themselves around together, connected by only one hand.

 

Yoongi was whooping and laughing along with Hoseok, feeling the tingling sensation spread throughout his bones and up through his chest and his hands. They pull back together, and now they're face to face, hands help up in front of each other again and they dance with their eyes locked and their faces set in matching joyous expressions.

 

The song continues and Yoongi's ears are filled with the upbeat lively music. He felt like he hadn't been on business trip with Hoseok at all, instead was just here in Hawaii to have a good time. Like right now. This was the most fun he'd had in a long time.

 

He stares at Hoseok, his entire being. The sunbeams bounce off Hoseok's hair and Yoongi's eyes are glimmering with Hoseok's reflection like twinkling stars.

 

If the sun was starting to set, Yoongi doesn't notice, not even when the string of overhead lights switches on and the tiki torches start to light up with fire. Has the song even ended? Yoongi feels like the song has been playing for hours and he's been dancing with Hoseok happily the entire time. He could maybe go for a few more minutes. Or, you know, hours.

 

But the song ends and Yoongi regrets thinking about it. He'd gone and jinxed himself by thinking about how much he didn't want the song to end. Now the song ended too soon and Yoongi knew that meant he wouldn't be able to dance with Hoseok anymore.

 

Looking around, other tourists hanging out on the beach by the bar had also gotten up to dance. The song had changed, molding into a different song. Yoongi hoped the disappointment he felt didn't reflect on his face.

 

Yoongi was about to ask Hoseok if he wanted to keep dancing but--

 

Hoseok draws him forward by the lei around his neck and crashes his lips onto Yoongi's.

 

Yoongi blinks, face frozen in stunned shock. But then Hoseok's lips move against his ever so softly and Yoongi loses it.

 

His wide eyes flutter shut and he's melting into the kiss, like the sun melted into the water behind them. Yoongi's hands wander around Hoseok's waist, pulling him even closer.

 

His fingers scrunch into the soft fabric of Hoseok's shirt at the waist and Hoseok's arms wind around Yoongi's neck--and they're kissing.

 

Maybe it was the magic of being in Hawaii on the beach at sunset, or maybe it was the rush of dancing so freely and unhinged. Maybe it was the taste of the fruit punch on Hoseok's tongue as Yoongi's tongue finds its way into Hoseok's mouth.

 

Or maybe it was because there had always been something there between them and only now did either of them ever have the courage to make a move.

 

Either way, Yoongi wasn't moving back.

 

He presses even closer, tilting his head to kiss Hoseok at a different, deeper angle and he could feel Hoseok smiling into the kiss.

 

Yoongi tastes the giddyness on Hoseok's lips like the sweetness of a pineapple and the softness of a cool breeze.  A grin--unable to be surpressed--slowly glides across his face.

 

Pretty soon, they were both giggling into the kiss and Hoseok is the first to pull away, instead moving his head to rest in the crevice between Yoongi's neck and shoulder.

 

Yoongi's arms were still wrapped around Hoseok tightly as the latter whispers quietly into his neck, "I've wanted to kiss for four years now."

 

Yoongi shivers, Hoseok's lips tickling his skin.

 

"B-But..." Yoongi thinks about it, "Four years ago...that's when we first met. When we first became partners..."

 

Hoseok giggles again, body shaking with the tremors. It sets off a weird warmth in Yoongi's chest, making his lungs constrict in a pleasent way.

 

"I know," he says cheekily. "I've wanted to since I first saw you. You're extremely cute when you're grumpy, you know."

 

Oh. So...Hoseok's wanted to kiss him since they met? This was entirely new information to Yoongi who all these years had thought Hoseok at best thought of him as a close friend and colleague. Nothing more.

 

Yoongi thought his affections for the bright eyed, wide smiled man would stay buried deep in the farthest corner of his heart forever.

 

Guess he was wrong.

 

The thought made him smile, which he quickly tries to squash.

 

Hoseok chuckles heartily, "I know you were smiling just then."

 

"How the could you possibly know that?" Yoongi asks, his newfound requited feelings not stopping his crass personality from slipping out.

 

Hoseok smirks, "Because I know you, Yoongi. You're a huge softy."

 

Yoongi rolls his eyes, "You're ing lucky I like you or I would punch you in the face."

 

Hoseok's eyes look like a glittering kaleidoscope of colors if that was even possible.

 

"You like me, huh?" Hoseok bites his lip. Yoongi shakes his head, lips pursed. Of course Hoseok would only pick up on that part of the statement and not the punch part. But then again, Yoongi would never actually punch Hoseok.

 

So Yoongi just settles his shoulders and nods, "Yeah. I do."

 

Hoseok surges forward and kisses him again, capturing his lips in a strong yet fleeting seal of fate.

 

He pulls away too soon and Yoongi's lips move forward of their own accord, searching out Hoseok's warmth.

 

Hoseok laughs, before grabbing ahold of Yoongi's hand again. "Come on, then. We still have one night before we have to leave Hawaii. Let's go have some fun."

 

Hoseoks starts to lead him off the beach and back into the beach resort hotel.

 

A thought strikes Yoongi.

 

"Wait," Yoongi stops him. Hoseok turns around, "Is this...is this for real? It's not just gonna go back to the way it used to be once we fly back home?"

 

The vulnerability in Yoongi's voice is unexpected but Hoseok recognizes it right away.

 

He shakes his head, a playful smile on his face, "You're not getting rid of me that easily, Min Yoongi."

 

Yoongi lets himself smile with abandon as he lets Hoseok drag him off the beach and into the hotel.

 

Good, he thinks, I don't want to ever be rid of you.