Welcome to our house, doll!

Toy

Just like any other day, I'm here sitting on the cabinet. Wearing my best dress and puting on an innocent smile just like the shop owner told us to do so. Sometimes I wonder, why did I have to do all of this? I mean, what is the purpose of trying my best when I'm not gonna get picked? I had met thousands of people who came here to look around but they always end up choosing another kind of toy and not me. And today, the shop owner told me to be a good girl and just trust him. 

"OH LOOK!! THE SPECIAL CUSTOMER HAS ARRIVED!!" Said Becky, the one with a wheelchair, while pointing on the red sedan parked in front of the shop. "I don't think she would choose me," she continues after letting out a sigh.

It was a woman, about mid-30s to early 40s. Apparently she was here to find the perfect present for her son's 12th birthday. She was busy working to support her only son because her husband passed away years ago. 

"...so in conclusion, you need something to take care of him, not just something for him to play around, right?"

"Yes. That's why I'm asking for your help, sir"

"Well... I recommend you to go with that one with baby blue dress. She's been staying here for quite long because nobody really want to buy an artificial human like her, but I think she's perfect for your needs" said the shop owner, "She might need a little training but she's a fast learner so it should be okay right, and besides, what kind of young man who won't accept this cute personal assistant when he's all by himself?" he continued

***

I don't know how to react because this is the first time someone finally took an interest in me and willing to get me out of the shop. I honestly scared to death because I was sold to become a present, I mean, what if he doesn't like me? Or what if he hurts me? What if...

"We're arrived, now you just have to wait in the car until I pick you up to the house, ok?"

"..."

"I had to tell my son first before I take you to him, if you don't get it"

"Oh... Okay..."

10 minutes later, Mrs. Woo, comes back with a boy behind her. They're getting close. I'm nervous.

"You can come out! Here, this is my son, Zico," She introduce me to him as I bowed. "And Zico, I hope you like your present. She will keep you company from now on, since mom can no longer be 24/7 with you..."

"Ah.. Whatever..." He said

I look up and met his eyes for a second, he's cute. But he looks like he's annoyed, does he not like me? 

"Now please help her take out her stuff to our house, mom will cook for our dinner" said Mrs. Woo before patting Zico's head then go back to the house.

He then walk towards the trunk to take out my stuffs

"So.. What was your name, doll?" Finally he says something after ignoring me before

"Hmm? I... Don't think I have one..."

He let out a chuckle which brings out confusion in me. "Right.. Of course you don't, you're just a doll, what am I thinking?!"

"Ah... So a doll can't have a name?"

"No, No... Not like that.. Sorry I was just talking to myself" he said while walking toward the house

"So... How should I call you then?" He added

"... didn't you just called me doll?" 

"Ah right. Then.. Welcome to our house, doll!"

to be continued...

***

 

A/N: Hello, guys! So at first I was thinking of making this story a one-shot but apparently it got too long so I'm splitting it into some chapters. I apologize for my bad grammar since English isn't my mother tongue, but I will try my best! Do correct my mistake(s) in the comment box if you're willing to. I would gladly accept any correction ^-^