PART 2

INTERVIEW OF SWALLOWTT

LET'S GET INTIMATE WITH SWALLOWTT

WELOCME TO PART 2 OF THE INTERVIEW WHERE WE GET TO READ ABOUT THE WRITING SIDE OF OUR AUTHOR AND THE THOUGHTS AND INSPIRATIONS BEHIND HER STORIES..

ALL ABOUT WRITING FAN FICTIONS:

TINA: How and when did you decide to be a fanfic author?
TIFF: I love writing and has been doing it since childhood. Fanfic writing is just another way of doing so with celebs. As for DBSK fics, I started that in 2008.

TINA: What made you to sit down and actually write something?
TIFF: I’m a boring person. Sitting is what I do most, so I might as well write. XD

TINA: What is the first fanfic you completed?
TIFF: I don’t remember, since I write a lot of hetero fanfics with Chilam before DBSK. Um…‘Piercing Hearts’ was my first completed DBSK fic.

TINA: How did you get your idea for your first fanfic?
TIFF: I get ideas from every day life.

TINA: Have you had any prior experience of writing before your first fanfic?
TIFF: Yes.

TINA: Have you ever plagued by doubts on your storyline?
TIFF: Of course. Doesn’t every author? XD

TINA: How did you promote your fanfic to readers?
TIFF: I don’t really promote. I do post updated links to communities so that followers could find them.

TINA: Have you ever been anxious about how the readers receive your story?
TIFF: I write to be happy and to make readers happy. Anxious is what I avoid, so no.

TINA: Thoughts on how you felt when you see the first comment on the first story? Do remember who is the first commenter?
TIFF: I don’t remember the commenter, but I was surprised that someone was reading. XD

TINA: How do you prepare yourself before writing a fanfic?
TIFF: I make a poster for it.

TINA: Do you work out plot line or do you prefer to see where your ideas or inspiration take you?
TIFF: I don’t outline anything. I start something on a whim and just work with it. I often write myself into a corner and end up having to solve my own problem. XD

TINA: When and how does your inspiration or muse come to you?
TIFF: Everything around me is my inspiration.

TINA: What is the weirdest place you were struck by inspiration for your fanfic? Did you write the plot?
If yes what is the title of the fanfic?
TIFF: Eating fries at Mc D’s. XD Yes, I did. It’s a one-shot called ‘Dial.’

TINA: How much research do you do for your story?
TIFF: Depends on the story, but I do a lot of research on locations and terms.

TINA: What is the easiest part of writing?
TIFF: Writing.

TINA: What is the hardest part of writing a story?
TIFF: Editing.

TINA: The writer’s worst nightmare the dreaded writer’s block.
When is the worst writer’s block you ever had? How did you overcome it?
TIFF: I get them all the time, since I never plan. I tend to start something new and leave the ones I’m stuck on. After some time, I’ll come back to them and by then, I’ll find solutions for them. XD

TINA: Any useful tips on how to overcome the writer’s block?
TIFF: It’s different for every author, so I don’t know what to say. For me, I’ll just give it a break and return to it.

TINA: Have you written any collaboration with other author’s?
TIFF: No.

TINA: How do you describe your writing style? Do you think you have your own personal writing style?
TIFF: Easy to read. I’ve been told by readers that my writing style is recognizable, so I guess it is a yes. LOL

TINA: How do you think you have evolved creatively throughout the years? Do you notice any change in the way you write?
TIFF: I have always been filled with imagination, so creatively, I haven’t evolved much. LMAO! My grammar has gotten better over the years, and my story lines flow more comfortably.

TINA: How important are readers and their comments?
TIFF: I have many silent readers, so comments are nice to see. Whether I have comments or not, I still write. A lot of the readers are now friends, so as friends, they are important to me.

TINA: I have been a silent reader for few months before taking the steps to comment.
Any words for silent readers?
TIFF: No words. *sighs* XD

TINA: Do you read other yunjae fanfics? If yes name of the fanfic you loved?
TIFF: Yes. I love everything written by wedspawn. Um…her YunJae…‘So Much Mine’…‘Broken Glass Hearts’… ‘Vampire AU Novella’…etc.I also enjoyed wild-terrain’s ‘Echo of Dusk’ and ‘Echo of Dawn’pabogateunfish’s ‘My Lovely Kim Jaejoong’

TINA: Are you friends with any other authors?
TIFF: Yes. kaimoo, wedspawn, and espressoluv. XD

TINA: How do you make your stories standout when there are heaps of other stories with similar plot lines?
TIFF: I write what I want to and readers read what they want to. No need to stand out. XD

TINA: Has anyone stole your story and published under their name?
TIFF: I’ve had three (that I know of) stolen and posted on winglin. I’m not sure about the published part. I did have some that were translated into other languages without me knowing. I’m not sure if they are considered stolen since I can’t read the credits.

TINA: Thoughts on others stealing your work?
TIFF: Unhappy that my hard work is claimed by another, yet a bit flattered that they would steal it. Still, the unhappy overpowers. It’s never good to steal.

TINA: How do you manage your time between your daily activities and updating stories?
TIFF: I write whenever I have free time or feel like writing.

TINA: DO you have any favorite time of the day to write stories?
TIFF: I write at any time of the day.

AS SHE HAD SOO MANY STORIES TO CHOOSE FROM I HAD TO SELECT A FEW TO ASK ABOUT ..IF U WANT TO KNOW ABOUT A PARTICULAR STORY OF HERS YOU LIKE U CAN ASK ABOUT IT IN THE COMMENT SECTION..I ASKED HER ABOUT ONLY YUNJAE FANFICS EVEN THOUGH SHE WRITES OTHER PAIRINGS AS WELL..

ALL ABOUT STORIES:

TINA:Your first fan fic “Piercing Hearts” thoughts and inspirations behind the fic
TIFF: I didn’t know DBSK or the names of the members back then. I just looked at pictures of the group and decided to pair up the two who looked good together (the pretty, long haired one and the tall manly one). LOL Then, I searched for their names…Yunho and Jaejoong. I had no idea YunJae was a thing. I just wrote the story. *laughs*

TINA: Few words on “Catch You in My Dreams”
TIFF:I wrote that one as a ‘thank you’ to all the readers who wished me a happy birthday that year. :D I had a lot of fun writing it…full of craziness. XD

TINA: Few words on “Kidnapped for the Holidays”
TIFF:That one was inspired by the movie ‘Holidays in Handcuffs’…which I loved. Since I don’t like copying, only the idea of the kidnapping was the same. Everything else was the work of my imagination. XD

TINA: Do you really ship each member with everyone in DBSK…what’s the reason behind the pairings.
TIFF:I write all pairings, because I want to have at least one story in my collection for the readers who like that certain pairing. My favorite pairing is still YunJae, because they were my first.

TINA: My fav one shot ever “BF” so inspiration behind that fic.
TIFF: Aw…thanks, dear. I have no idea why you like this one though. XD It was written for a friend’s birthday. Back then, there was a sudden craze with the initialisms- abbreviations for texting and commenting. I had no clue what they all meant and decided to write a story about it. LOL

TINA: I LOVED IT COZ I HAD THE SAME CONFUSION AS JAEJOONG…(LOL) .

TINA: Awesome fic ever “Longing” how did you get the idea of soul switch?
TIFF: I write a lot of supernatural stuff, so this was just a part of it. XD Angst and character death were the bigger challenge here. I’m a writer of happy endings. LMAO!

ALL ABOUT OUR FAVOURITE YUNJAE :

TINA: So tells us why are we so interested to read these taboo topics when it comes to yunjae?
TIFF: I don’t write that often. My stories focus on the romance. I write mostly comedies, fluff and supernatural stuff. If the is necessary, I’ll ease them in. I have low tolerance for the dark arts, so I don’t work on those much. Not my cup of tea.

TINA: How difficult or easy is writing ?
TIFF: It’s very difficult for me, since I don’t like writing them. Actually, I don’t like reading them either. I like romance more. is just a part of it.

TINA: Do you blush or get embarrassed while writing ?
TIFF: No, unless someone is reading it out loud beside me. XD

TINA: How do you write the scene? What is the inspiration?
TIFF: I watch dramas and use my imagination. *laughs*

TINA: Have you ever watched GV before writing a scene?
TIFF: What is GV?

TINA: AHHH DEAR AUTHOR GV STANDS FOR GAY VIDEOS OF THAT NATURE..

TINA: Has any family member or friends have ever walked on you while writing a scene?
TIFF: Yes, but they don’t read my stuff. I’ll just tell them I’m writing and they walk away. Haha~

TINA: LOL YOU TELL THEM YOU ARE WRITING AND THEY WALK AWAY...ULTIMATE .....

TINA: Thoughts after writing your first ever scene?
TIFF: Hard. XD

TINA: What is the secret of writing a scene that turns on your readers?
TIFF: Like I said, I don’t write for the purpose of . My is worked into the storyline if needed. They are not for turning on my readers.

TINA: Still writing or you stopped now?
TIFF: I will be writing until the day I die. XD

TINA: Future yunjae projects?
TIFF: I just started one called ‘One Night’…and no, it’s not . The title is misleading. LOL

TINA: Have you anytime in future have plans on deleting your journal?
TIFF: I don’t know.

TINA: OH PLEASE DON'T...

TINA: Any words for the readers?
TIFF: I shall write to my heart’s desire and you shall read to your heart’s content.:D

END OF PART 2