Pathetic Hyperbolas

Pathetic Hyperbolas

“Join us for lunch later, we have to discuss about the new choreography.” Hoseok told Seokjin before they started dance practice for the day.

“Okay.” Seokjin nodded as he stretched out his limbs. He started wondering about s. It has been a few weeks since they started disregarding him. Like actually, ignoring his existence. He had lunched alone for weeks. Why is Hoseok suddenly asking him to join them for lunch? And it was about the thing he is the worst about : Dancing?

Shrugging off his thoughts, he settled down to practice.

XXXXXXX

The cafeteria was not so full. It had never been full. Seokjin wandered around as he looked for a seat, balancing his tray of food in his hands. He didn’t see any of the members so he sat down on an empty table and started eating first. I am all alone in a sea of people. What a pathetic hyperbola. Seokjin chuckled bitterly. He was pathetic.

Suddenly, he saw a familiar person walking out of the crowd, clearly looking for a seat. Jungkook… Seokjin wanted to call out for him. However, he stopped himself before his mouth could open. Why? Jungkook had been ignoring him for the past month. He didn’t know why, but apparently there was a misunderstanding, according to Taehyung. Seokjin wasn’t sure what he had done wrong though. He remembered saying goodnight to Jungkook one night, and the next morning Jungkook straight out stopped talking to him.

Jungkook had clearly seen Seokjin sitting alone. Why wouldn’t he? They had been the best of friends before Jungkook started his strange behavior. But then, as usual, Jungkook ignored Seokjin, although he was practically sitting in front of him. Then, he took a seat at a table behind Seokjin. Seokjin sighed, continuing to chew on his food. Why did the food today taste bland? Was it because of Jungkook’s blandness towards him?

Then suddenly, Seokjin saw Jungkook standing up abruptly without saying a thing, and walked past Seokjin into the distance. Seokjin’s sight followed Jungkook’s back. And suddenly, he saw all other members smiling as they welcomed Jungkook into the group. They chatted happily without noticing Seokjin, and definitely not discussing their choreography. They were just enjoying the time without him, without KIM SEOKJIN. Even Namjoon and Yoongi were there, smiling brightly.

Seokjin felt anger rising in his chest. He had never ever felt this betrayed before, and obviously flipping the table in the cafeteria wasn’t a good solution to his anger. How pathetic he was. He turned away from the crowd of people who he identified as his dearest members, whose chit chats were getting a little bit too loud and a little bit too unbearable. So I am just a useless person in BTS, huh? He asked himself bitterly. They are so happy without me. I can’t dance, I can’t rap, I am just in the group for my goddamn visuals. And what’s the use of me being so handsome anyway?

Seokjin stuffed the rest of his food into his mouth. He just wanted to leave this place. He didn’t even care if he would get indigestion later. All he wanted to was to leave the cafeteria and just chill himself off. He hadn’t have any tears left to shed. All were used up when Jungkook told him to “scam” when he was accidentally standing too near to him.

Before he left, he shoot a glare towards the group. Jimin and Hoseok seemed to have seen it, but within milliseconds their attention were diverged as Jungkook attempted to make a funny face. Seokjin walked out, without looking back.

They had done something that he couldn’t forgive. At least not immediately.

XXXXXXX

The wind was strong. Seokjin’s eyes were dry, but his tear glands refused to work. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath. Jungkook’s smile was still in his mind. Hoseok’s laughter lingered in his ears. They were enjoying the time of their lives. Without him.

Seokjin looked down from the building. It was quite tall. He considered jumping.

But NO! Even if he jumped, he won’t get any attention. Taehyung would probably shed a few tears. Jimin would mourn for a few days. Yoongi wound probably say “Oh, he died.” And that’s all. Seokjin didn’t want to die worthless. He would at least have to prove to someone that he deserved to be in this group. Specifically Jungkook

Sighing heavily, Seokjin walked down the rooftop of the building. He wasn’t brave enough to end his own life. And he decided to live, at least until Jungkook start talking to him again. Back in the practice room, Jimin smiled brightly at Seokjin. Seokjin felt his heart melt for a bit. He was kind enough to still be friends with him, unlike a certain Jungkook. But still, he was a little bit angry. “You’re late.” Jimin said brightly. “And you missed our meeting.” Although he meant nothing, Seokjin felt like his heart was about to sink into the Pacific Ocean with guilty. “I’m sorry.” He said lowly.

He felt Jungkook glaring at him. Fine, he thought. Another reason for him to hate me.

I was friendless in a room of friendly people. What a pathetic hyperbola. Seokjin chuckled bitterly. I am pathetic.

—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

This is like so short lmao. Don't misunderstand, Seokjin is my absolute favourite in BTS. Even though Yoongi and Jimin are trying to take over my bias list anytime lmao

But anyway, thanks for reading :D