1. The Ship That Sailed

Hogwarts in Love: It Started with a Ship

Hi everyone - so as this is a multi-pairing story (5 main pairs) the way I'm writing it is that we focus on 3 stories with every update. So in this one, we have Hyoyeon, Bora and Dasom. In the next one it will be Krystal, Seohyun and Hyoyeon... and so on and so forth. Hope you enjoy this new way of fic (which actually I also use for Dragon Nebula)! - Kei


Chapter One: The Ship that Sailed

WE’RE NOT GOING TO HIDE OUR LOVE ANYMORE, SAYS GRYFFINDOR’S KAI AND SLYTHERIN’S KRYSTAL

- From the front page, Hogwarts Hairy Toad

 

HYOYEON

 

‘Extra, extra, read all about it! Scandalous relationship between Gryffindor’s Quidditch captain and Slytherin’s princess. Read it now,  get your Hairy Toad!’

The first year students of the Hogwarts’ News Club ‘Hairy Toad’ sensationally burst into the Great Hall, waving around copies of said newsletter over their heads.

Hyoyeon looked across the Gryffindor table to Bora and their eyes widened in alarm.

‘One copy here,’ Hyoyeon called out and immediately stared at the moving picture of Kai and Krystal, gazing at each other lovingly before tilting their heads towards each other and doing a heart shape with their arms.

‘Hyo…’ Bora breathed out.

Hyoyeon sank down onto her seat and blinked, ‘.’

‘Are you o— shall I order more foods from the elves?’ Bora asked, decided the “are you okay” question wasn’t worth asking.

Hyoyeon shook her head, ‘I already ate,’ but then decided otherwise, ‘ it. May I please have some more donuts,’ she said out loud and a plate of three donuts appeared in front of her.

Bora wisely stayed silent, waiting instead for Hyoyeon to speak again.

‘They look happy,’ Hyoyeon said conversationally, as she munched on her favourite strawberry iced donut.

‘Yeah…’

‘I’m going to ing kill him.’

Bora’s eyes widened in alarm, ‘Hyo, I don’t think that’s –,’

‘How could he hide this from us?? How long do you think it’s been going on? Are we not his best friends?’ Hyoyeon raged, not caring that there was a reporter from the Hairy Toad idling nearby, absorbing it all gleefully.

‘Hyo, be quiet a bit!’

‘Hey you,’ Hyoyeon turned to the reporter, ‘if you use the word “devastated” or “heartbroken” to describe me in your article, I’m going to hunt you down.’

The girl ran.

‘So you're only upset about the fact that he didn't tell us? Howabout the other thing? How are you feeling about that?’

‘You mean the bit where I’ve been in love with Kai since he joined the Quidditch team?’

Bora nodded.

Hyoyeon paused to think about that. She was older than Kai by two years (she was a 7th year now and he was still a 5th year) but from the moment she’d laid eyes on him, she’d hoped he would be sorted into Gryffindor. When he ended up trying out for the Quidditch team she’d hoped he would do well and even considered hexing his competitors – but didn’t have to resort to that because he was a natural – her crush was cemented at that point.

Amazingly, with Bora and Chanyeol they’d formed “Gryffindor’s Awesome Foursome” and had been inseparable despite being in different years. Hyoyeon was hopeful that one day….maybe...  possibly...

But today, that ship sank.

‘Now that I think of it, heartbroken and devastated seem to be very suitable actually.’

 

BORA

Bora saw off Hyoyeon as the other girl left for the Quidditch Pitch for some extra practice before turning to head back to Gryffindor Tower. 

Her heart had been in when she first heard the words "Gryffindor Quidditch" when the news club kids entered the Great Hall. 

For a moment she'd thought her well kept secret was exposed… but while she was gutted for her best friend, a part of her was relieved and grateful.

At that moment a hand grabbed her arm and pulled her into a broom closet. 

She didn't panic though; she knew exactly who it was. 

"Bora," the voice said, sending a warm feeling to her belly and weakening her knees. 

"Chanyeol," she whispered back as her eyes adjusted to the darkness. 

He leaned down to kiss her, and Bora linked her hands around his neck. 

Chanyeol, Gryffindor's Beater and Bora, Gryffindor Chaser dating would be scandalous. Both had extremely large fan clubs (only Kai had a bigger one) and were considered idols of their respective year levels (6th year and 7th year). Bora was always polling No. 1 iest girl in Hogwarts while Chanyeol was the No. 1 Bachelor because of his brains, his looks, his sporting ability and his all-round friendly personality.

But with that meant that their fans insisted they "belonged to the fans". It was actually quite funny because while Kai and Hyoyeon had a "HyoKai" ship club, no one had ever thought of a ChanRa or BoYeol club. It was kind of insulting really… did people really think they wouldn’t work out?

'Ouch!' Chanyeol yelped, taking a step towards Bora and sending them almost back towards the corridor. They both looked behind him to find a random candlestick arm sticking out. 

'This is getting dangerous, can't we stop hiding it yet?' Chanyeol whined cutely, 'it's been six months.' 

Bora shook her head, 'Haven’t you seen? There's already protests about the Kaistal ship being held in the courtyard.' 

Chanyeol rolled his eyes, 'people need to find better used of their time.' 

'Let’s just hold off for awhile longer ok?' Bora used her aegyo and leaned her chin against his chest as she smiled at him with eyes mostly closed. 

'Okay, okay,' Chanyeol sighed, 'you know I'm weak to you.' 

‘Thank you,’ she hugged him.

Regardless that she was the one insisting they hide it, Bora was really happy with her relationship with Chanyeol. She hadn’t expected it when one day after training, all sticky and sweaty and with no make-up on, he’d asked her to go to Hogsmeade and while there – asked if she would like to go out on a date.

Something about the way he looked at her made her feel so special.

She didn’t want anything to ruin that. Her arms tightened around him.

 

DASOM

‘No, no, no! This can’t be! This is unacceptable!’

One of those girls that Chanyeol was talking about, someone who had a lot of time on their hands, was Dasom, leader of the HyoKai ship club.

Gorgeous and popular, the 5th year Hufflepuff was voted the prettiest 5th year girl (in Hogwarts, not just her House). But apparently, that was not enough. Aside from watching Korean dramas and stan-ing idols, she discovered it was far more fun to do it with her schoolmates.

Right now, she was stomping her foot in frustration.

This morning couldn’t have been worse. Her perfect ship – a youthful sport romance between teammates  (HyoKai – Hyoyeon and Kai) – completely sunk by a forbidden love ship? How cliché.

‘Dasom,’ head of the SeStal ship club, Tiffany, greeted her.

The two girls didn’t really get along. Tiffany was the prettiest girl in Hufflepuff before Dasom came along (being 2 years older), and always held a grudge about it. They stayed out of each others’ way through an unsaid agreement and avoided most conflicted that way.

Never would they have thought this day would come where their ships would collide.

‘What are we going to do?’

‘Break them up of course!’ Tiffany raged, ‘How dare they sink my ship? The perfect Darkness couple – the Prince and Princess of Slytherin – and for what? A “starcrossed-love” ship?! It’s so cliché, I could barf!’

For once they were in agreement, ‘I will talk to Bora to get a feel for things. We have to let Hyoyeon know we're behind her stealing Kai back.’

Dasom had grown up in the same country town as Hyoyeon’s best friend Bora, and they remained friendly despite being in different houses, ‘Surely, she won’t want Kai to be dating a Slytherin either.’

‘I’ll try and talk to Jessica,’ Tiffany mentioned her classmate who also happened to be Krystal’s older sister, ‘she can’t want Krystal to be dating that Gryffindor.’

They shook hands and Tiffany left.

‘Hey you,’ Myungsoo grabbed Dasom by the hood of her robes as she tried to walk away, ‘where do you think you’re going? Class is this way.’

‘Who has time for class?? I need to plot!’ Dasom said, he rage re-building.

‘This is why you’re going to end up in those remedial classes,’ Myungsoo said, 'Your father would love that.'

Dasom sighed, it was futile to escape him. Inadvertently her best friend due to their unapproachable natures (her because people seemed to think she was far more “special” than she actually was, and him because he had a permanent scowl on his face), he was always there trying to bring some sense into her.

‘I guess I can wait until after class,’ she conceded.

'Thought so,' he said, letting go of her hood and walking ahead of her.

But this wasn't over. Dasom was going to make sure her ship sailed again. This ain't no Titanic.


A/N: Chapter One done! Thank you for all my subscribers so far and for the lovely comments of excitement. Sorry it took so long to post this! I hope you will stay with me. I calculate around 15 chapters. Could be wrong lol. See you again!! xKei