Baby-snooping

Baby-snooping

 

Kyuhyun sighed and looked down at the sleeping baby on the couch. Sungmin was lying on his stomach, on his little thumb while his eyes flickered behind closed eyelids. It had taken a good two hours to get the baby to sleep and Kyuhyun was mentally exhausted. He wasn’t meant to be a babysitter. He liked staying away from children when he could help it; the small humans were just so…fragile. Kyuhyun would constantly worry he would break the kid or accidentally forget to feed/bathe/change it. But Zhou Mi and Siwon had practically begged him to watch their son, saying they hadn’t had a day to themselves since they adopted Sungmin, and Kyuhyun couldn’t say no to the desperate faces of his hyungs.
 
Sungmin was cute, no doubt about it. Honestly, if Min wasn’t completely dependant on himself like babies were, Kyuhyun figured he would fall for the child like his own. Sungmin was a good baby as far as crying went, only whimpering when he was hungry or tired or just fussy. He had yet to hear the infant let out any full-out cries and so far Kyuhyun was thanking the heavens for it. His sister had recently had her own baby, and that child could cry for hours at a time; Ara loved to let her brother babysit the little—literal—crybaby. Thankfully Sungmin was quiet and liked to laugh a lot, his chubby cheeks jiggling when Kyuhyun indulged in tickling his sides—something he’d watched Zhou Mi do many times before—hearing Sungmin’s bursting giggles every time. 
 
One down side to that though, was the fact that Sungmin very rarely wanted to sleep. He was hyper and happy; Kyuhyun smiled when he realized that it matched the personalities of his two friends. Min was the perfect choice for Zhou Mi and Siwon, and despite the fact that Sungmin had only been around for half a year, the three made a perfect little family.
 
Kyuhyun leaned over the sleeping baby, careful not to wake him, and gently lifted his little body, wrapping the bright pink blanket around him securely. Just as quietly, Kyu carried the bundle to his crib in Siwon’s and Zhou Mi’s room. He was too young to sleep alone—at least, according to Zhou Mi—so they’d set up the baby’s bed in their master bedroom. Siwon probably had to convince the older man that Sungmin didn’t need to be in the bed with them; Kyu could just imagine the skinny man whining about it.
 
Sungmin didn’t stir when he was placed in his bed and Kyuhyun silently scooted over to the bed, sitting on the edge of it and watched the sleeping baby for a few moments before his mind wandered. His eyes moved across the room, clean and simple with only a few of Zhou Mi’s random bursts of color in the room. Of course anything that belonged to Sungmin was bright pink despite his gender; both of the parents assured Kyuhyun it was the baby’s own personal choice—Kyu let it go after that. Siwon’s taste was modern and effortless while Zhou Mi’s could be considered unique and hectic. They meshed well though, despite the large gap in style and taste.
 
Kyuhyun found himself standing, drifting around the large bedroom. The wide mirror over the dresser reflected back on him as he ran his hands over the wooden surface,  moving across the fluffy white carpet towards the large window. It was just after sunset, darkness enveloping the street outside. Kyuhyun made a mental note to turn off the lights in the other rooms before Siwon and Zhou Mi got back. He walked over to the night stand, easily switching on the lamp beside the bed. Something small caught his eye before he could step away; a little corner of paper sticking out of the almost-shut drawer. 
 
Snooping was bad. Snooping was worse when it came to your close friends. Snooping was extremely rude and was an invasion of privacy—and holy it was a picture of Zhou Mi. A picture Kyuhyun knew was never meant to be seen by anyone else, but who could even try to look away from such a photo?
 
The lanky man was sprawled on the bed Kyuhyun was standing beside, his mile-long legs pulled up and spread apart, exposing the intimate parts of himself that had the younger boy’s face flaming with embarrassment at seeing. Kyu was no stranger to but this was Zhou Mi, his best friend for years. He looked away from the picture, catching his breath—which had embarrassingly gotten heavier at the lewd snapshot. His eye glanced back, taking in the form…and everything with it. Zhou Mi’s face was thrown back in pleasure, eyes shut and mouth hanging open. It was incredibly y and Kyuhyun could just guess that the sounds that fell from those lips was arousing.
 
Before Kyuhyun could make himself look at the rest of the picture, the sound of a door shutting interrupted the silence. Kyuhyun’s eyes widened, instantly remembering that Zhou Mi and Siwon would be back soon and he slammed the picture back into the drawer, forgetting the loud noises he was making. He scrambled to the other side of the room, towards the door and took a deep, uneven, shaky breath as he tried to make it look like he hadn’t just been going through his friend’s personal belongings. He walked out without looking towards the men he knew were standing in the entrance way, taking off their shoes. He ignored the fact that he tripped twice on the way. Curse his jello-legs.
 
“Hey, Kyuhyun,” Siwon said softly, rightfully assuming their child was asleep.
 
Kyu glanced up, feeling incredibly guilty. “Hi, hyung.”
 
“How was Min?” Zhou Mi asked, already walking towards their bedroom. Kyuhyun’s heart sped up, even though he knew he hadn’t left any evidence of his prying. What if they found out?
 
“H-he was good. As usual…”
 
“He didn’t cry or give you trouble?”
 
“No, no. Perfect baby…”
 
Siwon’s eyebrows furrowed, looking at the curiously tensed form of his dongsaeng. 
 
“Kyu? Are you alright?”
 
Kyuhyun turned to him with a wide smile, clearly forced. “Of course, hyung. I’m just tired. I’ll let you and Zhou Mi have the rest of the night, okay? I need to get home.”
 
Zhou Mi stepped back into the room, having checked on their sleeping baby. “You’re not sick are you? I told you staying up all night playing video games would catch up on you.”
 
He couldn’t look at the Chinese man, no matter how hard he tried. Even seeing a glimpse of those long legs clad in taut jeans made Kyuhyun’s mind wander to dangerous places.
 
“Ah I bet you’re right, hyung. I don’t feel so well.”
 
“Want me to drive you home?” Siwon offered, all innocent and unknowing. God…
 
“No, no. It’s fine. I’ll get home safely. I’ll text you later. Bye hyungs!”
 
Kyuhyun couldn’t run out fast enough.
 
“What do you think that was all about?” Zhou Mi asked when their door closed behind the younger man.
 
“I don’t know,” Siwon mused.” Maybe it’s school stress.” 
 
“Maybe,” the Chinese man agreed, and smirked, wrapping his arm around his lover. “Tonight was amazing, thank you.”
 
“Mm thank you, Mimi. You made it so much better.”
 
The two kissed, completely unaware of the image their dongsaeng had seen.