1. Love Hurts

Love Hurts (English)

Brand new day. It’s been a while since Karin see the pink color of cherry blossom. After five years, finally Karin going back to South Korea. Who would believe that Karin would go back to Korea because of student exchange program from her university at America.

“Hello, where I can hands over my student exchange form?”

An official that looks like over her 50th offer herself to take Karin to the Academic Staff herself.

“Are you not Korean?”

“Ah, I’m a Korean, but I’ve been studying at America for five years”

“Really? I thought you’re not a Korean, since you got some accent. Oh! This is the place, just go inside and there would be someone helping you. Anyway, welcome home”

“Thank you mam”

Karin bow his back ninety degree then spin her body and headed to the room that the woman mention earlier. After finding the staff, Karin hands over her document and waiting patiently. Karin look around herself, she admit that she miss Korea a lot. Everything is different at America.

“This is your things, you need to go to room 2.5 at second floor. This is your first day so you just need to introduce your self. This is the agenda that you need to attend for these 3 months and this map contain things that you need to access the university facilities. Anything else?”

“No, Thanks. Good afternoon mam”

In the past five years, a lot of things changed. Karin still remember it cleary, she would imagine how it would be if she is accepted at N university. N university in Karin memories are a simple buildings with a lot of  garden around them. Those garden is replaced by high and modern buildings by now. But all the changes makes Karin’s adrenaline rush and more excited to go through her student exchange period.

2.5, Okay here we go

Karin knock the door before slowly open it.

“Emm, excuse me sir”

The Proffesor who’s standing in front of the class turn his head to Karin direction and smile.

“Ah, please come in. Kids, this is the student exchange’s participant that I mentioned earlier. Please, introduce your self”

“Hai! My name is Park Karin, and I’m the student exchange’s participant from America. Nice to meet you and please kindly help me”

After delivering her greet, Karin sweep her view around the class and stoped at a certain person that she knew well. A man that she used to know. A man that used to be an ‘important’ person in her life.

Hyunsung

Six years ago

“Yah! HyunSung! Lets go to the cinema this weekend! There’s a new movie that I’ve been longing to see”

Karin is 15 years old and just started her high school. Her curiousity brought her to a certain senior at her school, Hyunsung. The childish, bright and positive Karin is matched well with mature-but-mischievous and rely-able Hyunsung. So does Hyunsung that immediately comfortable with all of Karin’s whine.

“Movie? Again?”

“Oh come on Hyunsung! You’ll love this movie. Are you goig to let me wandering alone?”

Hyunsung chuckled while pated Karin’s head lightly and answered

“Okay Okay. Lets see the movie this weekend”

“Yes!”

Every luch break, Karin would go to Hyunsung and whine, asking him to eat with her. Almost everyday Hyunsung would send Karin home, and almost every night Karin would call Hyunsung to help her with her homework. And almost every weekend the would spend their time together. Consciously, they grew more closer, need one another more each day passed.

“Hyunsung, I’m so sad, I can’t go to the art contest that I’ve been waiting since new year”

“Hmm? And why is that?”

“My father won’t let me. He said that the location is too far”

“Your father just worried about you. Trust me, there would be another chance for you”

A little word that comfort and support each other grew them closer day by day.

“Karin, look. Your hair is messed up”

Hyunsung tidied up her hair and tied it.

“Hmm, thanks Hyunsung”

Their relationship is supported by a lot of side. But, it looks like Hyunsung has his own thought.

*

“Karin, please take the empty seat as you pleased”

After bowing one more time, Karin stride to a chair, as far as possible from Hyunsung chair.

Why is he here? What kind of coincidence is this?

Karin encourage herself to sneak a peek to Hyunsung direction but divert her eyes after meeting Hyunsung eyes for a brief second.

Is he looking at me? Why?

“Umm, Karin?”

“Oh! Hai!”

“Hai! My name is Hanna, it’s nice to meet you. Are you half-korean?”

“Ah, no. I’m Korean born, but I lived at America”

“Really?! That’s why your speaking is good, i thought you’re mixed-blood. Anyway, what minor are you going to take? You’ve informed that we have to take a subject for our minor right?”

“Yes, I’ve been informed earlier. I think I would take Musical class”

“Really? I’m taking Musical too. The kids at Musical class is popular, one of them is Hyunsung”

“Hyunsung?”

“The man that seated at the corner of the class”

Karin turn her head to Hyunsung. Such a shocking day for Karin. Karin never thought she will meet Hyunsung again, moreover being his classmate. Before she went to Korea, memories about Hyunsung is flashed by shortly, but Karin shrugged it off. But, universe don’t side with her. In fact, Karin faced something that has been she avoid for the last five years.

The class is over, the student left their seat and discussing things. Karin is organizing her belonging when a shadow cover her view. Karin turn her head up as she prayinside her head. Too bad, her pray doesn’t granted.

“Hei long time no see”

Hanna that seated next to Karin make a shocked expression and nudge Karin arm.

“Karin, I’ll go first, see you at Musical!”

“Oh, right”

After saying her goodbye, Karin turn her attention back to the person next to her.

“Hyunsung”

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hai! Finally chapter 1 is out :D Hope that you guys like it :) Please kindly leave some comment for me and for the story :) See you at the next chapter :)