Snapshots

Photographic Foliage

                                

"You know, the tree is better to see in the winter with all the snow resting on it... but that's just my opinion" that sentence lingered in my mind.

It inspired me.  I wanted to photograph this tree in all of its phases. 

With its blossomed petals where people see it to be the most beautiful of all, When the petals fall but the beauty is still there, When the tree is baring all and seen as nothing but a brown post and when the snow falls.. that is when i will see its true potential.

I guess this boy, whoever he may be had struck this inspiration. I have always loved to capture nature, but he truly gave me a meaning for this.

 

Time had passed as i sat behind my computer screen analysing each and every one of my photographs as the glare reflected on my glasses. 

Then it hit me, I never found out his name but that would be something to look forward to in the winter i suppose? 

I sighed as i looked at my media player and saw 박효신- 그 곳에 서서* playing and truth be told as much as i love Hyo Shin's music i well and truly hope that i do not end up standing alone waiting like he sings in this song. Whilst the situation is entirely different I was quite intrigued in this kid, I don't want to look like an idiot standing there under this tree in the snow as i slowly freeze to death holding my camera.  Maybe i was a bit too forward asking him to meet me there once winter comes... Who's to say that he will go? I mean he seemed like a good kid but.. 

I shook my head trying to erase the thought and glanced at my clock. The time was now 18:00pm and i should probably eat something of more substance than cup ramyun. And considering i can hardly cook eggs without getting the shells in with the yolk i had no choice but to go out and find something to eat. I hadn't seen my friend Chansik in some time so i decided that we could go out and i'd treat him to BBQ meat considering it was mainly my fault we hadn't seen each other. Chansik  was busy with studies but he'd still try his best to speak to me when he could. I appreciated his efforts. 

"So how's the photography going?" Chansik asked as the meat sizzled on the hot plate. 

Not one of us could help but salivate at the sound of the beef cooking.

"It's going good actually, i found a new concept today" I laughed as i grabbed some danmuji* with my chopsticks. It was nice to be able to tell someone about my new idea for a series of photographs. It could hopefully be something to maybe get me out there in the world. 

"Oh really? What suddenly inspired you?"  I couldn't exactly say to him that it was some random awkward tall kid with a goofy smile and no sense of manners that inspired me but that was basically the top and bottom of it. And i couldn't think of any other way around it. 

"Well i was walking in the park trying to see if there was anything that stuck out to me as interesting in a sense that would truly capture spring. I came across this  Willow tree and i mean the blossoms around the park were beautiful too but there was something strangely mesmerising about this one tree. I couldn't help but just want to take a photo you know? It was almost like i was being drawn towards it." 

"That's actually pretty cool, but that's not the whole story is it?"

My eyes were suddenly alert and full of life, why can't i just explain that some kid said that the tree looked beautiful in the snow? That the tree would look so beautiful with the snow falling from its branches. Where the couples smile and hold each other tight admiring how beautiful this sight was. 

"Some kid told me the tree looked nice in winter" i managed to muffle out. 

Honestly how hard is it to just talk about a tree? I mean it's a tree that's all. 

"So you basically listened to some kid just talking about how the tree looks nice in winter? Interesting" Chansik nodded his head in surprise.

"He seemed genuine about it so i don't know what do i have to lose?" I shrugged whilst knowing there was more to this but wanted to push it to the back of my mind. 

"Oh the meat's ready!" Chansik grinned. 

Hi everyone I know this chapter may not be "super exciting" but i wanted to get it out there. 

Let me know what you think.

여러분 감사합니다

- 미카씨 

*단무지- Yellow Pickled Radish (Dan-Mu-Ji) 

*박효신- 그 곳에 서서 - Park Hyo Shin - Standing there

(Chansik is B1A4's Gongchan for those who don't listen to B1A4)