✯ Chapter 15: Missing Pieces ✯

Look At Me Deer Eyes || 루한
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Yes, Mr. Choi. She can already go home tomorrow morning. We just need to check on her condition for a few hours and she'll be fine to go." 

"Thank you, Joongki. We'll be leaving before lunch then. But have you told him about this already?"

"Not yet but after this, I'll be contacting him immediately."

You groaned as you tried stretching your numb feet and arms, making the two men talking look at you. Your father nodded at Dr. Song in gratitude with a smile.

"I'll take my leave now, Seunghun."

You slowly opened your eyes, blinking as you focused them. Your father went to table near the bed and prepared your meal.

"You awake now?" Your father asked, putting your food on the tray before going to you.

"Yes, appa." You said, sitting up as you gently wiped the corner of your eyes. He smiled.

"Good. Here, eat now. It's your favorite bibimbap and..." Mr. Choi trailed off as he pointed the glass of milk on your tray. "...your favorite milk, my dear."

You smiled.

Not the usual smile that reaches your eyes though. 

"The doctor said you can be discharged tomorrow. I have a surprise for you." Your father said, watching as you pick up the spoon and started eating. You looked up at him, hope was seen in your eyes.

"What surprise?" You asked, quickly gulping down your food. Your father just chuckled, giving you your glass of milk.

"Princess, it won't be a surprise then." 

Your shoulders slumped as you figured you won't get anything out of your father. You just continued eating as your father told you stories.

"Aren't you excited you'll finally get out of this white room? Because I am!" He exclaimed, picking up an apple on the table and taking a bite. You slightly giggled at his childish behavior, turning the television on with the remote control.

"I am excited, appa. It's just that—"

"News alert. The flights in Seoul Pacific Airlines for today were cancelled due to the malfunctioning of a plane on the first flight. The first flight's destination was Beijing, China, having 77 passengers. The company is beginning the function and machine checking right now for safety measured for the next flights. Let's have Ji Kwang Sun for the actual report. Kwang Sun?"

"Oh no..." You suddenly heard your father mumble as he stared at the television showing the news report. 

"Appa?" 

He suddenly turned to you, startling you with his glistening eyes. You reached out your hand to him.

"Are you okay, appa? Why—"

You father reached your hand and pulled you into his arms. He caressed your hair as if shushing you not to cry.

"I'm sorry, my princess." He whispered, hugging you tighter.

You didn't know why is he acting like this nor why he apologized but your heart felt heavy as he said those words. 

Why do I feel like I've lost something I'll never find again?

✧ ☽ ✧ ☽ ✧ ☽ ✧ ☽ ✧

After that day, your father was cheerful like the usual but you noticed the lack of light in his eyes.

It's like he's not the same but he's trying to be for you.

You were discharged from the hospital after a few hours of checking your eyes and prescribing ointments for them. Dr. Song said you should avoid rubbing your eyes too hard since they've just healed from the operation. He also said you should refrain from crying too much or else your eyes will swell. 

You just nodded even though you hesitated when he reminded you the last one. It's like he knows you'll cry hard when you get home.

"Are we going back home?" You asked your father as you went inside his car. Mr. Choi went in beside you, telling the driver to go now before turning to you.

"Of course, my princess. We're going home."

You smiled, leaning back on the cushion before turning your head side wards to watch the sceneries outside. You reached out on the cherry blossom tree, making your fingers collide with the window and slowly went down.

Luhan, where are you now? 

You don't know how long the journey was, you were just watching as the car passed by places you've never seen before. The car suddenly stopped in front of a mansion. You sat up straight as you saw the tall black gates opened automatically. A huge fountain on the center welcomed your sight. 

A line of men in black suits on each side of the gate surprised you. You looked at your father, who seems pleased.

"W-Who are they, appa? Why are they line up like they're guarding the president of the country? Why—"

"My daughter, don't mind them. They're here to protect this household, where you and I will live from now on." Your father said as he patted your head. You just looked at him with your jaw down. He laughed as he saw your expression.

Your eyes followed as the men in black suits bowed 90 degrees as if they can see you and your father. As the car passed them, they stood up straight once again and went back to their positions. Some were around the mansion, some were beside the gates and some were out of your sight.

Wow. I'm not in the president's mansion, right?

When the car stopped in front of the front wooden double-doors, a man in a black suit opened the door on your father's side since it's the one that directly leads to the mansion. As your father went out, he held a hand out to you.

You sighed as you reached his hand, getting out of the luxurious car you have just took noticed of.

Mr. Choi smiled as he gestured the mansion.

"Welcome home, my princess." 

You let your eyes wander from the tall black gates, wonderful fountain, the garden around the mansion, to the cream-colored mansion before you. 

"This is home?" You asked, staring at the wooden double-doors, where two men in black awaits.

"Yes, princess. This is our home. Come now, let's go inside. A lot of people wants to see you again." 

Your father held your hand, leading you inside. The two young men opened the door for the two of you with a smile. 

"Welcome back, princess." They whispered. Your eyes widened as you heard them but you chose to ignore it. You slowed down as you tried to look at them but they were bowing, so you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter