final

Alone

Kyungsoo ran into his room, tears that he’d been trying so hard to hold in falling, and locked the door behind him. He should’ve known what would’ve happened, he did know, he just didn’t want to believe it.

 

He should’ve known better. They never would’ve accepted him. It was impossible to even think about, let alone do. Why had he tried? He could’ve lived his life peacefully and gotten away in the future, but he just had to be impatient. He knew what had happened to others before him.

 

He curled up on his bed, trying to forget the humiliation, the fear, the frustration, the tears. As he rocked back and forth, he heard his window open. He turned to look and as if by magic, his tears stopped. Here was his one friend, his best friend. He would understand. He always did.

 

“Jongin..” Kyungsoo crawled over to him, voice breaking a little, as said person made his way to the bed.

 

“Hey…” Jongin gave a small smile and hugged him. He didn’t let go. Kyungsoo let himself get lost in his warmth. It was so familiar, reminded him so much of home, more so than his actual home. He took deep breaths, trying to capture his scent and preserve it forever in his memory. Jongin was always there to comfort him. He would always be there. He always came at the right times. He was his Prince Charming, always ready to sweep him, the damsel in distress, off his feet.

 

“Nini, can you just stay the night?” Kyungsoo looked up, fresh tears starting to form. Kyungsoo didn’t think he could survive without him. Jongin was his rock, his anchor onto reality, and at the same time, his fairytale dream, his escape from that very reality he was anchored to.

 

“Of course I will,” That was the thing about Jongin that Kyungsoo loved so much. He was always ready to be there for him and to help him through difficult times. He was always there, almost as if he was waiting for Kyungsoo to need him. Kyungsoo would do the same in a heartbeat.

 

Jongin just held Kyungsoo through the night, occasionally his hair or wiping his tears, always there, always warm. Kyungsoo was so so grateful for him, he honestly didn’t know what he would do without him. He eventually fell asleep like that, in Jongin’s arms, safe and warm. He occasionally awoke in the night, just to make sure he was still there with him. And he was always there. He never left.

 

Kyungsoo went back to sleep a few more times and decided to just stay awake and watch Jongin sleep. It was peaceful, just watching his chest moving up and down in a steady rhythm, calming to listen to his deep breaths. Kyungsoo wished this would never end.

 

Kyungsoo wished he would never be alone, never have to face what he did today ever again. And he wouldn’t have to, as long as Jongin was still there by his side. He could hang on as long as Jongin never left him. And Jongin never would. He just knew he wouldn’t. Jongin wasn’t the type to do that. He would never leave his side. Ever.

 

And for a while, he believed it. Jongin was always there, always watching over him. But he woke up one morning, and Jongin wasn’t there.

 

There was a knock on his door.

 

“Jongin?” Kyungsoo asked tentatively.

 

“No, sweetie, it’s your mother. Who’s Jongin? Is he a new friend of yours? Strange, I’ve never heard of him.” That should’ve been impossible. Jongin was always over. Jongin was like a part of his family.

 

His mother walked in.

 

“What do you mean, ‘who’s Jongin’? You don’t remember Jongin? My favourite person ever? He comes around a lot, he’s always here, isn’t he?” Kyungsoo asked worriedly, hoping that some huge mistake was just happening.

 

“No, honey, I’ve never heard of a Jongin in my life. More importantly, how are you doing? I know your father’s reaction wasn’t great, but it will be alright, I promise. You’ll get over it soon, right? You will be just fine.” His mother never really did understand him, but at least she was more understanding than his father in a way.

 

“Mom, I can’t just get over it. It’s a part of me, I can’t rid myself of that. And are you sure you have never heard of a Kim Jongin in your life?” Kyungsoo still needed to get to the bottom of this.

 

“I’m positive, honey. And, sure, whatever you say, but please do try to eat something and come outside. It isn’t good to hole yourself up like this.” His mother was only concerned about him, but it hurt a little to see how easily she put aside his words.

 

“Sure, mom. But not right now, I..need some time,” Kyungsoo needed his mother to get out before he broke.

 

“Alright, Kyungsoo. I’ll be downstairs if you need me.” And his mother finally left.

 

As he sat on his bed, contemplating all the events that just happened, trying to fit the puzzle pieces together, his window opened again. It was Jongin.

 

“Jongin..!” He scrambled off his bed to hug him, to make sure he was real. He felt real, at least. He breathed him in again, calming down.

 

“Woah there, Kyungsoo. What happened?” Jongin put his hands on his back in a soothing gesture, and walked them both to the bed.

 

“I’m not sure myself, but something crazy just happened. My mom came in, and when I asked her about you, she said she didn’t know you. Crazy, right? It must’ve been some kind of joke, right? There’s no way she doesn’t know you, you’re my best friend, my soulmate. Right?” Kyungsoo looked up hopefully.

 

Jongin just smiled at him and his hair like always. And in the next moment, Kyungsoo was alone again. The warm, comforting embrace of Jongin was gone. He was alone. He was always alone. He never had anyone to begin with.


He curled into a ball and began to cry.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello hello! thank you for reading! I would very much appreciate it if you would leave a lovely comment :) I should probably work on other stories, including one i've had in my wip folders for months now, but well, here's this for now?? also if you are one of my namjin drabbles readers, i'm so sorry, i will have a chapter up soon, i'm working on it, promise. anyway, once again, thanks for reading! I hope you enjoyed!

-Chrystiemallow