I Mean It Ya Know ep1

I Mean It Ya Know

“Where are you getting off?” The bus driver said concerned after looking up at your face. “Umm,” you sniffle and continue your sentence. “Where is your last stop for the day?” you ask just wanting to get away for at least a night. “The last stop I’ve got is in Busan, which is over two and a half hours away.” “Alright thank you, I’ll go there.” You force a smile and pay the bus driver. You dry your eyes with your sweater paws and look around the bus but all you see is very few people, mainly couples talking quietly in the dim lighting that is provided by the bus, seeing as its extremely late and very dark out.  However, there is one dark figure towards the back of the bus that’s leaning against the window asleep. Something about this ‘figure’ is just intriguing to you so you decide to take a seat just a few seats away just in case, In case of what you don’t know. You lean against the window and replay the events of just this night.

 

C’mon babe, don’t be like this!” Your boyfriend says almost annoyed. “Don’t be like this, DON’T BE LIKE WHAT?!” “DON’T BE ANGRY BECAUSE YOU CHEATED ON ME!” You yell absolutely hysterically. You had decided to go and surprise your boyfriend by turning up at his house after not seeing each other for over a week. Little had you known that there was a reason behind why he hadn’t bothered contacting you in over a week; he had found another. “I JUST DON’T UNDERSTAND WHY YOU’RE SO MAD THOUGH!” He yells. “DON’T UNDERSTAND! YOU CHEATED ON ME AND DIDN’T EVEN HAVE TO DECENCY TO TELL ME AND BREAK UP WITH ME!” You yell back. ”You know what, even TEXTING me would have hurt less than having to find out for myself!” You say just trying to comprehend everything that’s gone down in just one night. “Fine then.” He says with absolutely no emotion whatsoever. By now you’re fed up with all his crap so you decide to not dwell over the fact that he never told you like the adults you are, and just break up with him yourself. There’s no real delicate way to put this, but you just started to cry. “Ok well I hope that she makes you happy.” You say as the silent tears just don’t stop. You’re just walking away when you say. “Oh and if you love her and intend on having a relationship with her, don’t cheat on her.” Something must have clicked in his incredibly small brain and he must have suddenly realised that he screwed up big time because he tried calling you back but, you were already long gone.

 

You ran, and ran you don’t even like running but that’s all you wanted to do at the moment, just run. Maybe it was the fresh air, maybe it was just being active for once, but you ran for what felt like hours, which was really only about ten minutes but that’s what happens when you’re not active very often. It’s around nine PM after your little run and during it realisation suddenly hits you and the tears fall harder than ever and you decide that you should just catch the bus for a bit just get away for a while, even if you end up sleeping in another country you couldn’t care less at the current moment in time. (Your mind is like wild right now there’s no way you can get to a whole other country by bus) So here you are now leaning against a window on a bus headed to Busan, not even knowing what the hell you’re going to do in Busan or how the hell you’re going to get back.

 

You soon fall asleep to the soft hum of some song of which you had no idea the name of. You’ve never really paid attention to the feeling before falling asleep but tonight you did. It was so strange, the feelings, it was like all the pain and sadness of tonight felt like it was floating away, and the little bubble of pain and sadness was painful and sad somewhere over there.

 

The bus must have suddenly gone over a rock or something because it caused the whole bus to shake, causing both you and that ‘figure’ from earlier to wake up. All that you’re thinking about at the current moment in time is that it must have been one big rock but anyway. You both are currently looking around the bus noticing that there is only the two of you left on there. You lock eyes for just a brief second but you quickly look away because it’s not really something you want to do with stranger. But, of course you had to turn your head back to him when he started talking. “Rough day?” He asked in a soft tone, a tone that if heard made you want to tell them absolutely anything and everything. “Umm yeah, is it obvious?” You almost chuckle back. “A little.” He smiles kindly.

 

To be honest you really don't understand why he is so sweet it's crazy but you continue talking to him about tonight while he sits and listens, nodding and shaking his head at some parts. He must have noticed that you had started to cry again so while you were talking he shifted over to the seat next to you and awkwardly rubbed your arm then whispered; “Hey, you didn’t do anything wrong you know, some people are just jerks but don’t get too worked up about it because you could obviously do better.” There was something about that sentence that partly wanted to make you cringe but part was just absolutely what you needed to hear, it was kind of weird coming from a person you had known a total of fifteen minutes but nevertheless you hugged him, to which he hugged you back and you hugged.

 

You realised that he must have been heading to Busan as well so you asked him why. “To be honest I don’t really know, the bus driver said it was the last stop so I just went with it, ya know.” He smiled. By now you must be almost in Busan so you check the time which reads; 11:30PM.

 

The rest of the trip was occupied by the little bits of chatter between you both, just talking about just anything really but, you were still strangers.

 

The bus had finally stopped you were both gathering your things (which mainly consisted of your phone and wallet) and getting off the bus. When you got outside it was around midnight and you were almost a little bit scared of what was going to happen, how you were going to get back or if you were going to get lost. Thankfully your thoughts were cut short by his voice. “So what are we gonna do?” He asked. You’re slightly taken aback by his words. “We?” You ask dumbfounded. “Yes ‘we’ silly, we need to stick together, and we need to go back home together!” He smiled happily. You laughed almost relieved that this dude might just know how to get around this foreign place.

 

“Alright, so, there is TONES to do here, do you want to go shopping, or get something to eat, take a walk or just sit down.” He said all in one breath while you just stand there smiling. “Well, I REFUSE to sit down for one more second, I doubt shops will be open at this hour but I’m starving and I’d love to go for a walk so.” He chuckles and tells you it’s a plan before you both take off for a walk.

 

You walk for about another seven minutes until you see a HUGE crowd around all the little street food places. You look up at the apparent expert about this place who just gives you a little wink letting you know that this is normal so you just blush a little and look away. The crowd just kept getting bigger and bigger and he looked almost worried? He looked down at you, grabbed your hand and looked away again as if nothing had happened. You look back to him as if to say  ‘what the hell is this’ you didn’t pull your hand away because he was making you feel safe, you were a little bit sceptical about this because he was still a stranger, but he just kept holding on without a single care in the world.

 

You soon had got food and were sitting down at a nearby bench away from the crowd, just eating in silence when he suddenly walks away. You’re obviously a bit confused seeing as he just walked away without saying a single word, but, he soon comes back to inform you that the next but is at one thirty AM. “Is there anything you want to do before we leave?” He asks you. “Not really, you?” You ask. “No I don’t think so, do you wanna just make our way to the bus stop then?” to which you agree so you both set off in no real rush.

 

After waiting at the bus stop for around fifteen tiring minutes, the bus shows up and you both board it together. You take a seat around the back of the bus again and he sits next to you. You both sit there on the deserted bus with just light chatter amongst yourselves. “Hey, how come you never asked me my name?” You ask as realisation finally hits you again. “Well, if I ask you your name then you will ask me mine.” He replies. You aren’t a huge fan of his answer because he legit just stated a fact; he didn’t answer your question at all. “Well that’s generally what happens, yes.” You reply sounding obviously tired. He chuckles at your answer and continues. “But what if I don’t want you knowing my name?” He says as almost a rhetorical question. “Why wouldn’t you want me knowing your name?” you ask plainly. “Well isn’t it fun, not knowing my name?” He asks. “No, not particularly.” You reply. He laughs. "But It's like a mystery ya know." But you don't answer because he interupts you and says that you should get to sleep because it was going to be a long bus ride back to Seoul. But, you don’t need sleep; you need answers but in particular one answer. “You’re kind of creeping me out to be honest.” You state. “Why?” He asks. “Well for a start I’ve told you things that had upset me today, hugged you, talked to you, held hands with you, walked with you, had a meal with you, sat next to you and all this time I haven’t known your name so I’ve done all those things with a stranger!” You say with a cross between sadness and anger in your tone. You don’t mean to be angry with him but it’s almost two AM and you have had a rough day. “I’m sorry.” He whispers to you, “I guess I didn’t really think of it like that.” You look up at him and smile softly remembering that you really are very tired, so you decide to not think about the fact that you don’t know his name and think about the fact that that you really have had a great time today with this stranger and that he had comforted you after something very hard when you were just strangers. But putting all that aside he is REALLY attractive and if you’re lucky enough to have his presence with you tonight you may as well make the most of it.

 

Suddenly the tiredness is seriously starting to get to you so you lean your head on his shoulder trying to get more comfortable than you would be sitting up. He puts an arm around you and holds you close to him; you both smile to yourselves and decide to take a nap because you’ve got a long ride up ahead of you.

 

Just as sleep is about to take over you, you hear him whisper something;

 

“It’s Jongdae, Kim Jongdae.”