Chapter 2

SAVE ME

Chapter Two

 

**1/5/18: New and revised update of this chapter

 


A pained cry escaped my lips as I shifted in my slumber. My right shoulder was throbbing with pain when I turned to my side. Another cry left my lips, this one was much more worse than the pain in my shoulder.

I moved my mouth from side to side just to make sure it wasn’t dislocated. Nope, not at all! But it hurts like hell! My right cheek ached so bad I was sure there was a nasty bruise by now.

My mind was still mushy and I was having a hard time coming to my senses. All I could remember was struggling for my life and then the next, I was slapped across the face. My mind went blank after that.

My eyes immediately flew opened when I realized the situation I was in. The room was pitch black and my eyes were not used to it. It took me several minutes to adjust and it had became clear to me that I was trapped in a bedroom.

Looking around, to the side of the bed was a night stand with a lamp. Flicking it on, I winced as the bright hue of light blinded me. The room was bigger than I expected it to be. The walls were a dark beige color along with the duvets of the bed. The room was stunning and furnished with a modern style. This was too perfect for someone who was just kidnapped to be in.  

The cushion underneath me felt soft to the touch and the modern bed sinked in more as I attempted to sit myself up but it hurt to even move. I didn’t want to make my injuries any more worse than they already were.

Looking down, the familiar blue Ewha hospital scrubs were still intact with my body but the only thing missing was my white coat. In a panic mode, I pulled the comforter off me, got to my feet, and took a good look at the room.  There had to be a way out of here.

There was a huge glass door that led to a balcony. That was my first attempt. I pulled the white mesh curtains apart and twisted the door handle, it wouldn’t budge. I tried it again, and again, furiously twisting the handle but it was locked.  Sighing, I scanned the oversized dresser for any type of weapon but shrieked in horror when the first drawer I opened was filled with mens brief.

Was totally not expecting that! Moving to the top of the dressor, lay an assortment of jewelries from earrings to bracelets. They were all laid out perfectly according to their color. Then there it was, a silver razor placed perfectly on top. I snatched it up as quickly as I could and place it into the pocket of my pants.

The wooden floor felt cool against my feet as I looked around the room for more items to protect myself with  and then it was like God had answered my prayers. There at the end of the tunnel, more like the hallway, was the light. The light at the end of the hallway was my final chance.

The door was left ajar, leaving a tiny crack of light shining into the room. How I didn’t see this from the beginning was beyond me. I burst into a sprint and pulled the door slowly, making sure there was no one outside.

When the coast was clear, I pulled the door all the way and stepped out only to realize I didn't have my shoes. Great.

Well who needs shoes anyways, they’ll make too much noise. The stairs were just to my left and all I had to do was take five steps and I could run down those stairs.

Checking one more time and seeing no one in sight, I dashed for those stairs! The front door was waiting for me at the bottom. I could see it as I was coming down and just when I was about to take the last final step, a hard pull on my arm made me cry out.

Dammit! The same arm the was hurting too!

“Going somewhere?” A raspy voice said from behind me.

“Let go!” I turned and wow was this man was beautiful. I was in no place to be thinking such thing, but his visual was so strikingly beautiful and sharp I was starstruck for just a nano second.  He loosen the grip on my arm but still held it firmly.

“Hyung make sure to-” Another man came down the flight of stairs just shortly after the first one and when we made eye contact, I realized who he was.  It was the same man that bumped into me at the hospital but now he was just in casual attire. “..lock the door.” He finished.

“I’m not the one you guys are looking for so let me go!” I yelled and struggled to get out the man’s grip. My arm was hurting but I wasn’t going to stop struggling. “You guys have the wrong person!”

“Stop moving or you’ll end up injuring your arm even more,” the man with strikingly sharp looks said. His voice was harsh and held so much authority, I was scared for what he was going to do to me. I was just caught attempting to escape.

“Call Yongguk over.” He directed to the the man from the hospital.  

Time was running out for me and if I didn’t do anything, it was going to be over for me.  As the man holding me was giving directions, I slowly reached into my pocket for the razor. I gripped the razor I had in my hand and quickly swung at the man.  

But he was faster than I was and caught my arm before it could even touch him. “Woah there, be careful. You might hurt yourself even more and we don’t want that, do we?” His lips curved into a smile. He didn’t even flinch when the razor came near him. He took the razor out of my hands and gave it to the taller boy. “Put this away on your way up.” The taller boy nodded and walked back up the stairs.  

“Now, if I let you go, will you promise not to run away?” The man asked. “I’m not here to hurt you.”

“What do you want from me?” I asked, scared for what to come next.

“We’ll explain it to you later but for now, I think you need to get that arm checked and do something about that ugly bruise of yours.” He gave me a gentle smile and loosened his grip, slowly, I might add.

“Okay, just let go. My arms hurts,” the pain in my arm was even worse now. It hurt to even more it.

“Come on, have a seat.” Stepping down from the last step of stairs, he turned his direction to face me. Hesitantly, I came down from the stairs and he gestured towards what looked like the living room. The black and marble floor burned my soft sensitive feet. The man nudged me and waited for me to enter. There was a glass coffee table which sat right in the middle of the room and surrounding it was black leather couches.

The man walked to one of the couches and took a seat and patted the spot right next to him. When I didn’t move, he let out a soft laugh. “I don’t bite… unless you want me to.”

I took cautious steps towards the couch and instead of sitting next to him, I sat on the couch opposite of him. “Very well,” he said. He stood up quickly and within a blink of an eye, he was right next to me.

“Hyung, you’re scaring her. Stop that!” The man from before was back and the man next me started to laugh again. He got up and resumed his original spot across from me.

“I was so worried. Are you alright? How are you feeling?” The man from the hospital sat right next to me.

“I… I’m okay.” I replied weakly trying to smile back but I was so confused as to what was going on. It was so hard to even be happy or smiling right now. I took a good look at him and noticed his features were child like, yet still had a very grown image to it. I couldn’t pin what part was manly about him.

“Well you don’t have to worry anymore. I think you’re more than safe now that you’re with us.” The guy across from us responded. “I’m Himchan by the way.” He gave me a playful smile.

“And I’m Junhong,” the man beside me said. “I’m so glad you’re safe now noona.” So he was younger than me. Again, I gave them a weak smile and a nod.

“Where are my manners? Do you want something to drink?” Himchan abruptly stood up and walked to the entrance of the living room.

“Uhmm… water would be fine.” I didn’t even realize that my throat was dry.  

When Himchan left, Junhong turned to me and he sighed. “I was so happy that we were able to get you in time. Who knows what those bad guys could’ve done to you.” He looked off into the distance and whatever he was thinking it made him shiver.

“How long was I out?”

“Only for a few hours, thank god. Your cheek has a nasty bruise and I advise you to not look in the mirror anytime soon.” He winced just looking at me or more at my cheek.

This got a soft laugh out of me. He was a cute kid. “Don’t worry. I don’t even want to see it.”

“The hyungs are trying to figure who was trying to kidnap you but like Himchan hyung said, you’re safe here.” Junhong gave me a bright smile and I could only nod.

Just how long was I going to be here for?

 


Revised the first and second chapter. I will continue this story in 2018! Yay!