LOG

Faults of Attraction
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I'm just your Tinkerbell. One day, you'll find your Wendy and leave me."

 

 

 

"So, the girl was very..." 

 

I turn to Jungkook while I say some boring story. He seems to not listen to me so I stop my words that seep out from my talkative mouth.

 

We are at our school, he has been sitting beside me from the start of the year. Jungkook rests his head and arms on the desk which results him to hide his face. It's pretty obvious that he's not listening.

 

"Jungkook," I call his name softly as I pat my hand with a thud on his back. 

 

"Immn..." He replied only with that.

 

I know Jungkook very long time ago, he came as a transfer student from Busan a few classes before to here in Seoul. Then, our friends (let's just say who we like to accompany with) shockingly are the same, and somehow our friends also are friends with each other. They often talk about us in their conversations so we got to know each other through that.

 

One time, they invited us to their date without telling us. Since, we both were left out we hung out by ourselves . With that, we slowly became close – but  not that close to be fair enough. We don't look each other as 'friends'. But because our friends were also hanging out, we didn't know the harm to hang out too.

 

However, as I said I know Jungkook, I know that he is not the type to remain quiet often and he answers me properly...always. So, it makes me quite uncomfortable. It kind of reminded me of the first time I met him, he was such an awkward cutie-pie. I was standing in front of a gate; it was raining. I, as forgetful as I am forgot my umbrella and he stood awkwardly beside me with his umbrella. And no, on contrary to your thought he didn't offer me at all. I was all wet. I guess life isn't like a Kdrama.

 

I let out a soft sigh.

 

"It's because of her, right?"

 

As I suddenly say that I thought he was going to sit up but he did not. He still remained quiet and still. He doesn't have the guts to even answer me with that simple gestures now. At that I don't want to be cheerful either so I frown. The teacher is not here on the class and the students are into their own little problems so I'm not afraid to talk out loud.

 

It is not very nice to see him hurt because of her, Jungkook and her used to be a couple but they broke off about last year. Why? He doesn't want to tell anyone. She is also my friend. And her name is Shin Yeri.

 

As I said, the time when they broke up was very long ago but look he's still suffering just at the thought of it. It's very long and I don't know why he still can't get over that. But one thing I know is he still like her. That's for sure.

 

"Jungkook, just because you're not in a very great mood, doesn't mean that you have to leave me all by myself like this," I joke and fold my hand while shaping my lips into a pout. It's not very amusing to see the back of his head. I squint towards the clock to tell the time and it is 10:15. Hmmn...we're going to go for a break in 10:45 so that is fairly a long time to waste. 

 

"Jungkook, you're in your period. Maybe that's why you don't want to talk to me?" I tease, having a little bit of fun as I nudge him. He would often tease me too so I guess this is kind of normal. I don't have a choice because I don't have anyone else but Jungkook to talk to and disturb.

 

Sincerely, I try to talk to him as much as I can but he keeps on holding back. I glance back at the clock which is smiling 10:35 now. What a chunk of wasted time.

 

"I'm just wasting time with some hopeless guy," I rant for him to know. Then, I begin to keep on rummaging inside my bag and decide to take out my bioscience book to study. But of course I can't concentrate because of Mr. Frowny Face beside me.

 

To tell you the truth, the guy who is beside me...I like him. I tried not to but I just couldn't not...like him. Human can not control their feelings much I think. It will take a long time to say how I eventually like him. I don't know how I started to like him, I don't even know why I like him. Maybe because his smile makes me feel like I'm floating on the sky with the clouds or because he's the first one and the last one who comes in my mind. Or because when I'm happy, sad, excited or feel like crying, he's the first one I want to tell, talk to about, call his name and be in his embrace. At the end, turns out that I still don't know.

 

I rest my head on my palm; I think my neck sometimes needs rest too. I stare at Jungkook through my fingers and I huff in frustration when I realize this. I feel like I don't know anything, I don't know why my eyes stare at him for no reason. If I turn his side then my eyes automatically moves and BOOM – it lands on him.

 

To think about it, Jungkook will probably be annoyed of me, how I treat him before. Yeah, I'm not a girl like Shin Yeri. She's quite mature, cute, knows when to be serious, pretty, have nice body. What else to say hmmn? Oh and she have someone like you, Jeon. Jungkook.

 

And Jungkook always consider her that way too. I was being asked who I think was pretty the other day and I said Yerin. While the other girls whined at me in disbelief he pulled both thumbs up at me.

 

I was like, "Why? She's cute!"

 

And he repeated the same and smiled, earning a glare from us. That's how much he likes her. 

 

Oh wow! Who am I talking to?

 

Anyhow, I don't like him like this so I will cheer him up. I'm not his girlfriend or his friend so I can be that someone who can makes him laugh or at least smile through him rough times or when someone hurts him. I hope...

 

 

Seriously...how long is he not going to talk? He hasn't been talking the whole day and I freaking sang 'Cheer up' for him. He would laugh at my aegyo on the 'shy shy shy' part bit somehow it seems

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter