Chapter 2

Deja Vu

 

(2 years ago)

    The university school bell rang and Yoongi was the first student racing out to freedom. He was almost to the doors when he heard a quiet cry of fear coming from an empty hallway. Yoongi froze. He knew that voice. Without hesitation, he bolted down the hall, to the rescue like Superman.

 

    Before him was a scene he had dreamt of seeing, but never believed he would ever actually see. A small boy with the fluffiest brown hair was pressed against a row of lockers by three bigger boys. They were holding him still, unable to move, as the s touched him all over his body. The small boy was in tears, his shirt ripped open, as he begged them to stop, begged them to leave him alone. They just laughed at him, skimming their fingers dangerously close to the waistband of his pants.

 

    Yoongi felt a cold anger flood his veins. They were going to the boy. They were terrifying and threatening his Park Jimin.

 

    Oh. Hell. No.

 

    Yoongi wasted no time in intervening. He grabbed the first boy by the collar of his shirt and threw him out of the way. The other two, slightly smaller and less confident than their leader, backed off, letting Jimin slide to the ground. Yoongi positioned himself in front of the downed boy, his dark glare daring the boys to try anything. The lead bully wasn’t giving up easily, though. He had had his eye on Jimin for a long time, and he would have his way.

 

    He cracked his knuckles and rushed at Yoongi, swinging out with his fist. The blonde boy easily blocked the punch, and ree of his own, right in the throat. The other boys pulled the choking, gasping boy away, dragging him off to who know’s where, Yoongi didn’t care.

 

    Yoongi turned and dropped to his knees in front of Jimin. The raven-haired boy immediately launched himself at his savior, his hyung. He fisted his tiny hands in Yoongi’s shirt and buried his face in the blonde’s neck, gasping and almost hyperventilating. Yoongi rubbed his back and hugged him close. “It’s okay, it’s okay. Hyung is here. Hyung’s got you.” 

 

    “Hyung, hyung.” Jimin quaked in his arms, but he leaned back to see Yoongi’s face. He smiled gently at the 19-year-old, who was very small for his age.

 

    “Oh! I completely forgot!” Yoongi whipped his jacket off and wrapped it around Jimin, zipping it up to cover his skin. The shorter male shivered, then relaxed. Yoongi’s jacket was warm, and smelled like him. “Jiminnie. Come on, let’s go home. I’ll make you hot chocolate, okay?”

 

    Jimin nodded and shakily stood up, tightly gripping Yoongi’s hand. As they walked, hand-in-hand, to their dorm, Jimin pressed close to Yoongi’s side. Yoongi took this moment to study his little friend.

 

    He was so beautiful, with his cute face and smile brighter than the sun and eyesmile. Yoongi could just ramble on and on about Jimin’s beauty, but now was not the time.

 

    Yoongi was so whipped, it wasn’t even funny.

 

(Present)

    Yoongi lay on his bed, staring blankly at the ceiling. It had been two months since his beloved Jimin’s death. He knew Jimin would want him to be okay, to move on. But as hard as he tried, everything he did, everyone he saw, he thought of Jimin. Jimin’s smile, Jimin’s laugh, Jimin’s everything. 

 

    The way he cuddled with Yoongi under the covers when it was cold out. The way he snuggled with Yoongi and fell asleep on his chest each time after they did ‘it’. The way he smiled widely at each and every person he saw, regardless of whether he knew them or not. He had a pure heart, full of sunshine and rainbows and happiness and goodness, and he shared it with everyone he met. 

 

    A small tear beaded on Yoongi’s cheek, and slid down to join the other tears in soaking his pillow. Actually, Jimin’s pillow. It still smelled like him. 

 

    Yoongi swallowed hard and rubbed his face. His friends were worried about him, he knew. As much as they tried to help him, to comfort him, it never helped.

 

    No one could fill the hole left in his heart, from Jimin’s death.