You

You're Still You

Kihyun was awakened by the sound of his alarm. He was startled for a second and groaned. His body is aching and his head felt no better. Last night was hectic and exhausting. He slept only for three hours.

He forced himself to get up after a bit of turning and tossing around his bed. He looked around and stretched his body before finally stepping onto the wooden floor. He stopped for a while, checking the weather outside through his bedroom window and smiled unconsciously. The sky was clear and fresh. It was such a nice weather to start his day. The thought of meeting his beloved made his heart swelled with happiness despite his not-so-fit condition due to lack of sleep. He hummed a sweet tone while entering the bathroom after taking a clean towel from his closet.

After taking his time in the bathroom, he picked his clothes carefully. He was a neat type of guy with a simple taste in fashion. His everyday clothes consist of jeans, a T-shirt or plaid, jacket or hoodie, and sneakers. He only put so much effort in fashion on a special occasion or on a mission -- date mission or some kind of that. Today, he felt like wearing fresh and bright color clothes though he hesitated a bit because his beloved would look at him in a playful smirk and probably non-stop teasing comments until he whined and frowned in a cute way to make him stop. Kihyun smiled and decided that it was worth it. He loved how his beloved anyway. He never complains because he knew that non-stop teasing is one of the unique ways of his beloved expressed his feeling towards him. His beloved rarely showed emotional expression. He mostly only answered if anyone took a chance to ask. He would start the conversation only when he was interested in or intrigued by something or someone. But he mostly looked drowned in his own thoughts. He was calm and collected, laid back and independent. He hated clingy relationship and heavy emotion since he is a free soul inside. He is a strong man who hid so many things behind his genuine smile. The smile that intrigued Kihyun at first after he saw him still smiling when he was betrayed by his previous girlfriend (Kihyun is his first boyfriend after the betrayal). Or when he was rejected by a company after company after sending many job applications. Or when he got injured in his legs during dance practice (yes, his beloved was a talented man with no-joke dancing skill). Or when his best friend died in an accident. He hid all those sadness and bitterness behind his lovely smile.

Kihyun once asked about why he didn't let himself show his emotion. he simply answered, " I don't know, Kihyun-ah. I just feel awkward about my own feelings. Funny huh? It's bothering me when I find myself being in a hurtful or unexpected situation. I don't know how to react. Seriously ... sometimes I even wonder if I am really a robot myself or a clone." The last sentence was replied by a light smack on his bulky arm by Kihyun.

After getting done with his clothes (soft pink shirt and navy ripped jeans with white sneakers), he prepared his breakfast quickly and ate it. After that, he took a backpack full of clothes which he prepared last night and checked his apartment to make sure he locked and left everything intact before leaving his apartment.

On his way to meet his beloved, he stopped in a bakery and bought cheesecakes. And he stopped again at a florist to buy a bucket of fresh white and red chrysanthemums.

30 minutes later.

" Has he waken up?" Kihyun asks quietly to a woman who is changing bedsheet and cleaning the room.

The woman first looked startled but after recognizing his face, she smiled. " He has, Mr. Yoo. He is in the garden with Jooheon. He said he wanted to take a walk a bit."

"Oh. Okay, thank you. I will put this for a while" Kihyun showed his flower bucket to the woman with his smile.

The woman nodded. " I have finished cleaning, Mr. Yoo. I will leave you then." She bowed a little and followed by Kihyun and then she left.

Kihyun took his time to arrange the new flowers replacing the old ones. He took the flowers one by one and without averting his gaze, his mind started to wander. This place has been his second home. He needed to make this as comfortable as possible for him and for his beloved. If he could choose, he would never come to this place. But things happened.

He stopped his mind from getting further into his thoughts and started to clean the remaining old flowers and threw them in a garbage can. He put the cheesecakes which are still inside the box in a small table near the bed. He took out fresh and clean clothes out of his backpack and arranged them in a small cabinet in the room. Satisfied, he checked himself in the mirror in the bathroom.

Kihyun had always liked his face. He knew he is an attractive guy though some friends of him always and said he was too overconfident. He has a slender figure or petite (he prefers that way) with smooth fair skin. He naturally has black hair just like natural Koreans until his adventure side took over and he ended up in chestnut brown hair color. He has small almond-shaped eyes, a pointy nose, and lovely thin lips. He mostly felt confident in his bright and cute smile which is accompanied by his dimples. The same smile that captured his beloved's eyes the first time he saw Kihyun.

Kihyun smiled at the memory of him and his beloved. But when he saw his reflection in the mirror, his smile disappeared. Instead of a smile, he found out his tears running softly from his eyes and blurred his vision. He took a breath and wiped his tears. He fixed his hair and clothes. He relaxed his facial muscles by smiling.

And then he left the room and went out to seek his beloved. On his way to the garden, he saw a woman cradled her newborn baby. His husband the baby's head gently and smiled at his wife. Kihyun sighed. He was not a softie. Yes, his appearance might a bit soft or feminine but for those who knew him well, they knew that Kihyun was the opposite of that. He was a fierce and fiery person who has a strong determination when it comes about his goal. He rarely showed his affectionate side or weakness to others whom he has just met. He opened up a bit after he trusted the person. He showed a more affectionate side when he truly cared for a person. So, the lovey-dovey thing isn't his trait. That's what made him a perfect pair for his beloved who has a similar trait with him. For those similarities between him and his beloved, he found that he didn't even have to say things. His beloved seemed to know his thought and vice versa. They are not a lovey-dovey couple. They also don't like to show affection in public. Some of their friends ever witnessed them dating in the side of the Han River. Just sat together with warm drinks and watched the sunset. No holding hands or cute expression. They said that Kihyun and his beloved looked like an old couple. Just sat in silence. What they didn't see was the warm glance and comfortable air between him and his beloved. He loved just being with his beloved. He loved him no matter what.

Kihyun walked past doctors and nurses. He smiled to some of them until he arrived in his destination.

The hospital's garden was a wide garden with big trees and many kinds of flowers. Spring has bestowed his beauty on this garden with colorful flowers which blossomed beautifully. Decorated pavements were laid to add more attraction to this garden. Benches, lamp posts and stone tables were scattered around the garden to complete the attraction.

Kihyun began to search. His eyes unwaveringly looked to the right, to the left, in front and back. A little further, he saw a man of a wheelchair. He didn't need to look at his front because he could automatically recognize his beautiful broad shoulder. A dark brown haired man with medium height and medium built pushed the wheelchair gently and slowly. His name was Jooheon. He was a nurse in this hospital, in charge of taking care of Son Hyunwoo -- Kihyun's beloved.

"Hyunwoo .." Kihyun sighed. He wanted to get closer to them but seeing him in a peaceful state made him hesitated a bit.

Kihyun watched Hyunwoo stared blankly to the sky. His calm face looked in peace from the side. Kihyun watched in longing and suddenly every emotion swept him at the moment. His tears started to roll down as he watched his Hyunwoo. His heart sank a bit and he felt that his legs lost a bit of his strength. How can he be so peaceful after all that happened? How can he be so beautiful in his state? Kihyun admired his boyfriend so much. He knew he never felt like this before to any of his previous girlfriends or boyfriends. He fell in love with them, yes, but what he felt for Hyunwoo was on a different level. He didn't know how Hyunwoo truly felt about him. He knew Hyunwoo loved him but was it on the same level as what Kihyun felt, he didn't know. To Kihyun, Hyunwoo is everything. He didn't tell the latter about that but that is the truth. He was scared to let Hyunwoo knew how much he meant for Kihyun. He kept it deep inside his heart.

And now, after the "hurricane", was he able to tell him? Or, will he just give it all up and run away because it is too much for him?

Kihyun wiped his tears. He mustered his strength or what was left on him, to walk closer to Hyunwoo and Jooheon...

 

 

 

 

a/n 

This is my very first showki fanfic!

at 16/9/18 - edited