Flame II

Flame

First of all... if you think there is going to be an intense fight or something like that it won't I at writing that, so you have been warned. 

Second, I realized that I started to write this without  explain what a hwajae is becaue well I thougth you may have read the first part but if not, I will explain it quickly. 

Let's start...

**

Long ago Ancient Dragons lived in the Dark Mountains, these dragons can take human form and some of them bred with humans and the persons born from those unions were known as hwajae, a person with the ability to create and control fire but as the time passed the Ancient Dragons and the hwajae disappeared. Also it was said that the the families of the Seven Lords of the Dark Mountains were dragons descendant and that from one of this families in some occasions a hwajae could born. 

A hwajae is born with the heart of a dragon and because of that is cursed so when the hwajae turns twenty he or she will turn into a dragon, the only way to brake the curse is to bond with a person that will carry the half of the dragon's heart and when one of the persons dies the other will die as well. That is the curse of the hwajae. 

**

"I'm going with you" Taemin said after Minho had explained the situation to him. "And I think we should tell Jonghyun, maybe he could help us."

"I'm sorry" Minho said hugging the boy close to him.

"Why?"

"Because being with me is troublesome and most of the time I only give you pain" the older said sad.

"That's not true, the most you give me is love I'm so happy to be with you" Taemin answered. "I love you"

"I love you too, so much" Minho kissed him deeply on the lips.  "Tomorrow I will send the message to Jonghyun"

**

Two days will take to receive an answer from Jonghyun and two more days if he decided to go there meanwhile they decided to enjoy the snowy winter that Taemin seemed to love so much.

Minho took his husband to skate and to wander in the sled on the snow; together they had snowball fights, also the older felt kind of proud when the people at town stared at the blonde he knew that Taemin foreigner beauty attracted the attention of the others, his blonde locks along his pale skin standing out in the crowd. It was entertaining to see how young kids especially girls approached the blonde to give him gifts like flowers or pastries.

It was on a day when they were returning from the lake after skating when they received the answer from Jonghyun.

“What it said?” Taemin asked when Minho ended reading the letter.

“He is coming along with Jongdae; they will be here in two days” the older answered.

“If they are coming all will be alright” he said with a smile and Minho felt a lot more optimist.

**

It was at night when Jonghyun and Jongdae arrived at the Dark Mountains, Yura was just served the supper when the door was knocked.

“I will go” Minho said and when he opened the door he was faced with his guard companions.

“Dude, let me inside I’m freezing” Jonghyun said making Minho laugh.

“Come in” he said letting them in.

The supper had ended a time ago and in the table only remained seated the Knights.

"So we are going tomorrow..." Jongdae mumbled mostly to himself and Minho nodded.

"Yeah, I understand if you don't want to come along..."

"Don't be silly Minho, we didn't travel for two days and almost freeze to not go with you" Jonghyun interrupted him.

"Thanks" Minho smiled grateful.

"So for now let's all go to rest because we are leaving tomorrow before sunrise" Jonghyun said his captain mood entering into action.

All nodded and headed to bed.

**

The sun had barely risen when they were already saddled in their horses and ready to go, the travel to the Hwanan Palace will take them almost till midday so they have to hurry.

"Be careful" Minho's father told them.

"I'll be waiting with the supper, don't be late" Yura warned them.

"We will be back soon" Minho said though not so sure about it. 

The village was located near the highest peak where the Hwanan Palace stood and even there was a path that lead to it but no one use it mostly because they were afraid of what lied at its end.

"This place gives me shivers" Jongdae commented as they neared the place.

"It's there" Taemin whispered in awe when the Hwanan Palace was in front of them.

The huge building though carved in the rock itself still has the forms of post and roof tiles and images of dragons were everywhere. Grass and small bushes covered the place all over and it had a disturbing feeling.

"So, where were the flowers?" Jonghyun said wanting to leave as soon as possible.

"In the center of the Palace" Minho answered.

"Of course they will, well let's move or the dinner is going to be cold when we return" Jongdae said all nodded and dismounted their horses that left tied at some distance of the door of the Palace.

Carefully they entered the place and for some time they walked through empty halls without noticing anything suspicious or dangerous though it didn't make it less unsettling.

"This place is so creepy" Jonghyun said.

"I can feel something here" Jongdae pointed out.

"Don't said that" Jonghyun whined, Taemin and Minho looked at each other both had sensed something too.

"It's my imagination or this hall seems to have no end?" Jonghyun commented after a while they had been walking.

"If it's your imagination then is going really crazy" Jongdae pointed out when fog started to fill the place.

"Don't break away" Minho indicated and soon the hall was filled with heavy fog.

"I can't see anything" Taemin said and Minho was about to answer when all weirdly seemed to vanish, not just his companions but the sounds as well, when Minho can focus his vision again he was surprised to find himself in a golden room.

"What are you doing here, boy?" a deep voice echoed in the room.

"Who is?" Minho asked looking around. "Let me see you!"

"As you please" the voice sounded again and the Knight looked surprised when a man appeared in front of him. He was tall; his long black hair was loose at his back and was wearing a black hanbok. "I'm here, my name is Seowoon, who are you, boy?"

"Choi Minho" the Knight answered.

"What are you doing here?"

"I could ask the same" the man chuckled at the attitude of the boy.

"This is my home; I'm an Ancient Dragon, who you dare to speak to me like that, human?" Minho eyes widened and the dragon observed amused his expression.

"They were all dead..." Minho whispered.

"Dragons are immortal, boy and I'm clearly alive" the Knight observed the man like gauging his words. “I’m going to ask again, what are you doing here?”

“Where are my friends?” Minho asked instead of answering. Seowoon made a gesture and the golden walls of the room showed the other three men. Jongdae was sitting on the floor and Taemin was doing the same as well, only Jonghyun seemed to be walking.

“There they are” the dragon said and Minho nodded.

“If you are who you said you are then you know why I’m here”

“You are a hwajae and that blonde human there is your partner, he is pregnant” the dragon pointed out, “so I guess you are here for the Flowers of Fire.”

“Yes” he confirmed.

“Why you think I would let you take them?”

“You don’t have any reason to do so” the dragon was surprised by the answer he expected to be given a lot of reasons but that not happen, he kept silence and observed Taemin. “Stories said all Ancient Dragons died but why you are here?” the question surely took him off guard.

“He is so beautiful surely you love him and that’s why you wanted to save him” the dragons answered instead. “Dragons were gifted with immortality, or maybe cursed with it, who knows, we don’t have age we are timeless like this world” Minho was surprised when the appearance changed from a man in his forties by a young male that looked almost his age. “But a dragon can choose to die, some dragons felt in love with humans and they choose to live like them and when the human died they were so sad they chose to immolate themselves with their own fire that’s how Ancient Dragons disappeared” he explained and Minho saw deep sadness in him.

“So you didn’t love anyone?”

“You are dead wrong” the dragons waived his hand and from the golden walls the images of his friends disappeared and appeared the image of a young woman replaced them. She was so beautiful, has white skin and long black hair, Minho knew he was seeing memories. “Choi Jinri, I loved her more than anything in this world, we had a son, a hwajae, Choi Seokjin and he had a long linage for what I could see. I can smell my blood in you, boy.” Minho was surprised to confirm that was said about the families of the Seven Lords of the Dark Mountains were true, they actually descended from the Ancient Dragons.

“What happened to her?”

“Like all humans she died and I was left alone”

“Why you didn’t follow her like the other dragons?” Minho asked and Seowoon avoided his eyes. “You were afraid to die?”

“We are not supposed to die”

“But you could choose to do it.”

“Death is such a terrible thing, why humans have to be so fragile. Why save him, he is going to die” Seowoon said showing Taemin once again in the golden walls.

“When he dies I’m going with him” Minho answered right away.

“Right, the course of the hwajae” Seowoon remembered.

“I’m not going to be alone, but for now I would like to have a whole life with him, to get older together and when the times come we are parting together as well” the dragons smiled sadly at the Knight words, he was remembering his beautiful wife.

“Show me boy, a good memory and I maybe let you have the flowers” Minho was surprised and a memory come to his mind quickly and like had happened with the memories of the dragon it appeared in the golden walls.

It was at his first days in Muyeokdo he was walking with Taemin along the streets till they arrived at the Fireflies Lake before sunset, the blonde looked beautiful with the light of the dying sun and the when all light was gone and the stars replaced de sun and hundreds of fireflies appeared like magic Taemin looked stunning, that memory was burn in fire in his memory.

“So unfair” the dragon mumbled at seeing the memory on the walls, “ you know boy I had been so alone for so many time and I think is time to part I don’t know if I can follow her but I’m going to try, let’s go for the flowers.”

The voice sounded distant again and once again fog filled the place and when Minho opened his eyes he found himself where he had been before in front of him his husband and friends and wondered if all had been a weird dream.

“Where have you been? I feel I walked for hours” Jonghyun asked when he saw his companions again.

“You were not going anywhere” Jongdae pointed out while standing up the floor. “I think you would eventually notice, we were trapped in a spell.”

“What?”

“Are you ok?” Minho asked to his husband.

“I’m fine” Minho was helping Taemin onto his feet when Seowoon appeared walked past them.

“Follow me, boy” he indicated.

“Who is that?” Jonghyun asked his eyed widening while Minho and Taemin followed the man.

“A dragon” Jongdae said following as well.

They walked through the palace and unlike before they soon reached the heart of it.

“It’s so pretty” Taemin said when he saw the garden where the Flowers of Fire where. In the middle of the garden there was a waterfall that came from a spring that sprouted of the rock heart of the mountain and around the well that the waterfall formed there were a lot of flowers that were red with shades of orange and yellow, they looked like they were burning.

“Take as many as you need” Seowoon said and looked up at the sunset. “I think she is calling me” he whispered to himself. “It’s time to go, you two better be happy.”

Seowoon made fire appears around him and then changed his human form to his true one, a big black dragon and flied to the sunset disappearing.

“What the just happened?” Jonghyun asked when they can no longer saw the dragon.

“He was a dragon and he in immolated himself” Jongdae answered as it was pretty obvious.

“What?!”

“Let’s pick up the flowers” Minho said feeling a little sad for Seowoon loneliness and hopping he can reach Jinri.

**

When they returned Yura was already waiting them with the supper. They told them what had happened and Minho explained what Seowoon was told to him.

“That’s a really sad story” Minseok said. “I hope he can find her or find rest and peace.”

“Me too” Minho said looking at the little glass vessel that was filled once again with the elixir of the flowers, suddenly Taemin took his hand and the older looked at him.

“I think he will be happy” Taemin said with a smile and Minho nodded giving him a lovely kiss.

“I love you” Minho told him.

“I love you too”

Jonghyun and Jongdae stayed the rest of the days that Minho and Taemin spent in the Dark Mountains and at the end the four returned together at the Sacred City.

**

It had passed two hours when Minho was able to return to the room where Taemin had been at labor; thanks to the elixir all his pregnancy had gone smoothly only with some mood swings here and there. When he entered the room Taemin was laying on bed with the baby in his arms, Minho approached him and placed a kiss in his forehead.

“It’s a boy” Taemin said his voice tired but his smile as radiant as always. “Say hi to dad” he said showing the baby to Minho. He was dark haired as Minho and has the pale skin of Taemin and has no mark of a hwajae.

“Hello, Seowoon” Minho said, both had agreed that if they had a bot they had a boy they will call him like that. “You are as beautiful as your daddy” he kissed the baby and the placed a kiss on Taemin lips.

“Where is my nephew?” Kibum asked entering the room followed by Jonghyun. “Aw, he is so cute” he said taking the baby in his arms.

“We are going to be the godparents, right?” Jonghyun asked while cooing the baby.

“What about me?” Chanyeol said entering the room.

“You are not married” Jonghyun pointed out.

“I’m going to marry Baekhyun” he said proudly.

“When you become King, and is too long for that” Jongdae added.

“Can you shut up? You are going to wake up the baby” Kibum said to them annoyed.

Minho and Taemin smiled at the fuss his friend were doing they only hoped they didn’t wake up Seowoon.

“I love you” Minho said kissing Taemin.

“I love you, too.”

Outside their home around the lake hundreds of fireflies flied above it like every night. 

 

 

 

The end, hope you like it. Thanks for subscribe and comment if you like it.