final

Best.Absolute.(Cake-proof)Perfect

“Hyung! You should’ve asked me first! That was my last one!”

“How do I know it was yours?? It’s not like it has your name on it!”

“Everybody knows that only I eat that, Himchan hyung. EVERYBODY.”

“Okay, look. I’m sorry okay? Now can we just continue with our plan?”

“NO! I am now upset and I’m not going on tonight’s heist without my CHEESECAKE!”

The argument ended with Daehyun slamming his door shut. Himchan sent Yongguk an apologetic look for ruining their meeting. The leader ran his hands through his hair frustrated. They were in the middle of a meeting, going through the final plan for their heist on stealing shipments of guns near the port.

Himchan accidentally ate the last piece of a cheesecake left in the fridge. Well, not accidentally. He was hungry and he didn’t care, to be honest. Yongguk couldn’t afford to leave Daehyun out from tonight’s plan as he was one of his best fighters and he needed him to be at the site.

And this made Yongguk, the leader of B.A.P, one of the most fearful gangs walking down the streets of downtown Seoul, looking for a bakery to buy Daehyun the dreadful cheesecake. It’s quite funny actually if you look at it.

The usual bakery that Daehyun used to go just had to be closed at that time, making Yongguk walked a few more blocks before coming in sight with a new sweets shop that he never paid attention to.

The sound of the jingle of the bell was made when he entered the shop. One of the waitresses widened her eyes when she saw who walked in the shop and quickly disappeared to the back. Yongguk raised one of his eyebrows but composed himself.

Maybe she recognised him? Nahh… unless she met him in the underground world, she wouldn’t have guessed that Yongguk was a gang leader. Sure, his outfit was not that approachable – with a black muscle tee that showed some of his tattoos and ripped black jeans – but he looked pretty normal nonetheless.

Except that he did looked scary if he was not smiling. Which he wasn’t.

He ignored the stares he got from the few customers left in the shop while browsing for the thing that he was forced to buy at the first place.

Hmm…cheesecake cheesecake. Lemon cheesecake…blueberry cheesecake…oreo cheesecake…why the are too many cheesecakes? Sh*t what the am I doing here anyways…okay, Yongguk calm –

“Can I help you?”

His head turned to the voice just beside him. There stood a lady. A beautiful lady wearing an apron that he automatically assumed that she was a staff there, smiling down at him as he crouched to look the cakes on display.

She had large, doe eyes, shining as she smiled. Her fair white skin compliments well with her straight black hair, smoothly let down just below her shoulders. Her thin lips shine with only little application of lip balm. Natural beauty I’ll be damned.

 “I… uh…want to buy a cheesecake?”

Yongguk cursed himself when he sounded unsure. He came to this shop by himself, for god’s sake!

“Which flavour do you like?”

“Uh…it’s for a friend.”

“Oh, okay. What do your friend like other than cheesecake?”

Yongguk paused a while to think.

“Uh…more cheesecake?”

The lady laughed and he thought that he just heard the most beautiful sound in the world. She sounds like an angel. He had to blink for a few times as he was beginning to see angel wings emerging from her back.

“May I suggest the – ”

Yongguk couldn’t concentrate on whatever she was saying. He watched how her lips moved and how she looked at the cakes with passion. Luckily she was enthusiastically explaining about the flavours of the cakes that Yongguk didn’t give a damn about, she didn’t realize him giving her a creepy stare.

She caught him off guard when she turned her head to him, tilting her head in the process. Damn that tilt. Don’t do that, woman! You’re so damn cute and it’s distracting.

“Uh…that sounds good. I’ll have that.”

She chuckled softly and smiled again. He felt that he could melt at that very second.

“Just one slice?”

“Give me the whole cake.”

She had a surprised expression while packing the cake into a box. He moved to the counter to pay for it and he felt heat rose up to his cheeks when their hands brushed a little when the cake exchanged hands.

“Well, whoever your friend is, she must be very lucky to have you buying a whole cake at this time of the night.”

Alarmed by her sentence, he didn’t want her to think that he was buying the cake for a girl, or worse, a girlfriend.

He really likes cheesecake.” He really strained his voice at the ‘he’ part.

“Oh…okay. Well then, enjoy the cake. Please come again.”

She smiled at him for the last time, but not as bright as the previous ones. He didn’t even know the flavour of the cheesecake he was bringing home. He walked back to his home, remembering every detail about the pretty lady at the shop, everything that they talked about (it’s just about cheesecake though).

His eyes widened at the realization. No wonder she didn’t smiled bright for the last one. She thought he was gay.

Well, .

 

~*~

 

Yongguk found himself daydreaming most of the time, imagining the lady back at the shop. How her eyes sparkle every time she blinked, how her hair swayed whenever she turned her head, and how her thin lips smiled at him.

Those lips would go perfect with my plump ones –

“Why are you drooling?”

He snapped out of his imagination when Himchan sat beside him. He quickly brought his hand up to wipe the drool but it doesn’t even exist, earning a laugh from his same-aged friend.

“What’s with you, dude? It’s been a few days that you stared at the wall grinning like a creep.”

The other members started to flock around him. They had just finished a drug deal with another gang, and now they were in the living room, cleaning their own weapons. They all stopped to wait for their leader’s response. Knowing that he couldn’t escape, Yongguk sighed.

“Well, there’s this girl…”

B.A.P shouted and hollered and hooted when they heard the ‘girl’ word. It’s not uncommon for them to be talking about a girl, but coming from Yongguk, this one must be special. He didn’t look at girls as much as the others do.

He told them about the shop, and about the ‘gay’ part. Jongup and Junhong had a laughing fit while Youngjae was speechless.

“Hyung.”

Yongguk looked up. All the while, Daehyun had a mischievous glint in his eyes.

“I could use more cheesecake.”

 

And that brought Yongguk, once again in the sweets shop he went a few days ago. The second trip made him more aware of the surroundings. He now knew that the shop’s name was Cake-proof. Cake-proof? What kind of name was that?

He didn’t see the lady that he was looking for, only the frightened waitress the other day. He was quite disappointed so he headed straight to the cakes section and pretended to look around.

“Back for more cheesecake?”

Yongguk almost smiled at the voice but he kept his composure. He stood up and looked over the counter to see her came out from the back. She had her hair up, showing the expanse of her fair neck. She had a shear layer of glistening sweat on her face and there was a smear of flour on her cheek. Yongguk almost cursed at the sight.

Almost.

But wait.

“You remembered me?”

She looked flustered at first and looked away. Cute, he thought.

“Not everybody comes near the closing time to buy a whole cheesecake for a…friend.”

He cringed at the last word.

“Oh yeah about that…it was actually for my dongsaeng. He liked the cake, and here I am, buying him more cake. No gay stuff, though.”

There it was again. The sweetest sound that Yongguk could think came out from when she chuckled. Unconsciously, he smiled. He with his gummy smile. It was the first time he smiled in front of her.

She looked surprised for a split second he swore he caught the surprised look but she did a great job concealing it. They engaged in small talks while she packed another cake for him in a box.

He still didn’t know what flavour he’d brought home this time.

He was so entranced by her that he didn’t realize two pairs of eyes watching his every move ever since he stepped inside the cake shop.

 

~*~

 

B.A.P just scored a big drug deal with their supplier from Japan and Daehyun wanted to celebrate with – of course – more cheesecakes. That was why Yongguk was making his way to his now-favourite cake shop, Cake-proof.

But that was just an excuse to go there. Yongguk just needed something to go there, so that he didn’t look dumb going there without a reason. But today he was not alone.

“Why are we walking? We could’ve just taken the car.”

Youngjae rolled his eyes at Jongup’s whining.

“Bringing hyung’s car will only attract unnecessarily attention. Especially after you decided to add neon-coloured rims.”

Yongguk groaned at his two dongsaengs. “Okay, why even the two of you wanted to come? If you’re just gonna bicker around, you guys are free to leave.”

“And miss out meeting the girl that made you almost accidentally shot Junhong yesterday? No way.”

The two youngsters snickered while Yongguk just brought his hand to his face tiredly. God, help me.

Nearing the shop, the leader noticed that Youngjae suddenly became tensed, looking around in question, frantically.

“What’s wrong?”

“…Nothing…let’s just hurry.”

Yongguk face softened when the shop was just a few steps away and Youngjae followed his gaze. All the younger’s worry a few seconds ago disappeared when he saw her.

“Hyung, which one is her?”

Jongup asked excitedly. They eyed every worker from the outside. Before they stepped in, Yongguk turned to the other two.

“The one at the counter, blue shirt, hair up. Okay, you two, no funny business – ”

His words didn’t get through them as the youngsters rushed in and literally ran to the counter.

Did I bring a bunch of 5-year olds today? Ugh.

Both of the boys leaned on the counter, causing the pretty lady to take a step backwards. Yongguk sighed and made his way to them. When he was closer, he heard Jongup talked.

“Hyung’s right. You’re REALLY pretty.”

And that earned him a smack at the back of his head.

“Sorry about that, Jiwoo-ssi.”

She frowned in confusion but couldn’t help but smile.

“Oh, Yongguk-ssi. They’re with you, I suppose?”

He nodded and introduced them to her. He knew her name from their second conversation. He already knew her name when he saw her nametag from their first encounter but he was not going to admit that.

They asked her questions and although she seemed like she was kind of troubled by them, she tried her best to answer them. The oldest had enough of this and started to drag them away.

“We’re just…gonna take a look at the cakes.”

She just chuckled at the sight and continued to greet other customers. Yongguk and the other two kids were in front of the cake section and their eyes scanned them.

The bells at the door jingled and Youngjae’s body froze. He let his gaze fell on the two guys, who had the brightest orange hair and another one had the blackest hair he’d ever seen. They entered the shop and headed straight to the counter.

“Noona~~”

“What do you want this time?”

The two guys giggled at Jiwoo and continued to pester her.

“Awww don’t be like this, noona! It’s hot out there, and we want cool drinks!”

Jiwoo rolled her eyes in annoyance while ignoring them. Youngjae’s eyes widened when he realized that his leader already made his way to the counter.

Oh, this doesn’t look good.

“If you’re not paying, stop now. Leave the lady alone.”

The orange-haired guy looked at his friend, who had jet black hair with an eyebrow raised.

“Dude, this doesn’t concern you. Why don’t you take your old somewhere else, hmm?”

Yongguk was about to reply but out of nowhere, Jongup was suddenly by his side.

“You’re messing with the wrong guy, Kim Taehyung.”

“Well, well, well. If it isn’t the great Moon Jongup. What the are you doing here?”

Kim Taehyung, the orange head stared at Jongup and the other stared back with equal power. Jongup was about to lunge at the other when Youngjae managed to hold him back.

“Hey, we’re just here for a cake, okay?”

“Huh, at least someone is not stupid here.” The black-haired guy snickered.

“Watch it, Jungkook. We just didn’t want any trouble.”

“You being here is already trouble. Do you think lurking around in someone else’s area is a good idea?”

“Just because this is not our zone that doesn’t mean – ”

“Enough!” Their little fight was stopped by Jiwoo with her hand slapping down the counter.

“This is not anyone’s area, this is my shop. And if you want to fight, feel free to take it outside, thank you.”

She used a polite speech, but her voice was stern. She looked directly to the two newcomers and Yongguk swore he saw a flash of fear in their eyes before they looked down at the floor. Then two smack sound was heard; Youngjae and Jongup clutching at the back of their head.

“Ow! What was that for, hyung?”

Yongguk turned to Jiwoo and bowed, surprising her and also the other guys.

“I’m sorry, Jiwoo-ssi for making a fuss in your shop. I’m sorry on the behalf of my dongsaengs.”

The eldest grabbed his dongsaengs’ neck and forced them to apologize to her. They were bowed low that they couldn’t see her amused face. Yongguk told them to apologize to the other guys as well but they just scoffed and walked out of the shop. Yongguk bowed one last time before following them, leaving the others baffled by the situation.

“He…apologized?”

Taehyung looked at Jungkook, not believing what they just witnessed. They turned to look at her, even more confused when they saw her smiling while just shrugged her shoulders.

 

~*~

“Hyung, why didn’t you tell us the shop was there?!”

Yongguk looked at Youngjae quizzically while the younger just groaned in frustration.

“It’s BH’s turf.”

BH, short for BigHit, one of the most brutal gangs around, along with B.A.P. It was not an exaggeration if one would say that BigHit was the top gang in Seoul. They were brutal, cleaning up whoever was in their way, with no mercy at all.

Hitman was the alias of the big boss of the gang. He has several small gangs working under him. B.A.P had several encounters with BH, but none of them friendly. It was always a fight of expanding their area or they were stealing each other’s business.

But it’s been a year since anyone heard about them. It’s like they’ve gone under a hiatus after Hitman died due to a heart attack. They’ve gone silent ever since. Some said the gang was not passed down to his son. Some even said the gang was no longer existed. Not many people knew their exact position.

But Youngjae knew better than that. Along the year, he heard here and there about BigHit maintaining their status. They secured their job little by little, but they were far from dead. They just, wanted…to lay low? They were quiet, but everybody knows not to mess with them.

Yongguk only knew about one of their killer groups, Bangtan. He knew about the group’s leader, Namjoon. He never paid attention to anything else, only took note of what was important to him, which explained why he didn’t recognize the two guys they met at the shop was two of seven Bangtan’s higher-ups.

There are a lot of other things that occupied Yongguk’s head. Like their deals with other gangs, or about the odd jobs they sometimes received even requested by the governments, or about other new gangs that kept pestering B.A.P to take them down.

Those gangs never won, though.

The three forgot to buy the cakes. They were so into the discussion that they didn’t know there were eyes on them ever since they left the shop.

 

~*~

 

“Yongguk hyung, there’s a mail for you.”

The said male looked up from his laptop to see the youngest hand him an envelope. It seemed like a normal mail, except that it didn’t have any address on it, just Yongguk’s name. It was dropped right in front of their base.

He found a few pictures inside it. Pictures of him, going to Cake-proof, pictures of him talking to Jiwoo. And a few pictures of Jiwoo as well; of her going to the shop, while she worked, and her going back to her home. A badly written letter was found among the pictures.

‘She’s cute. It would be a shame if something happened to her, right? -B’

Yongguk’s inside boiled at the letters. Although it was simply a mere threat, this one was not directed to him. The thought of Jiwoo being hurt by anyone scared him. Then he glanced at the end of the letter.

B?

He grunted in frustration. Is it Bangtan? But Jiwoo’s shop was in their turf, why would they mess up in their own turf?

Or is it someone else? Is it one of the petty gangs that wanted to bring his gang down? Some of them challenged him before but B.A.P managed to defeat them.

Yongguk had stopped going altogether to Cake-proof. Especially after he got the threat. And also after what Youngjae had filled him in with. It turned out that there was always one or two Bangtan’s member in the shop, every day.

And this brought Yongguk lurking around in the shadows near Cake-proof, waiting for the cake shop to close so that he can her home. He’d done this a few nights already; even just following her from a distance.

He felt like a creep, watching her as she took a 5-minute walk from the shop to her house, but this was for her safety. Besides, he wouldn’t give up the chance to see her face. His lips would unconsciously form a small smile when he saw her hardworking image.

One night, as Yongguk waited for her again in the dark, he could see a figure just at the corner of her shop. The figure was glancing at the cake shop from time to time, making Yongguk uneasy. He walked towards the figure, unaware that he will gave himself away.

“Yongguk-ssi?”

He stopped walking and turned to the angel-like voice that called his name. Jiwoo was just finished locking up the shop.

“Oh, hey Jiwoo-ssi. Just closed the shop?”

She nodded at the question. Yongguk scanned the surroundings and noted that the figure was gone.

“Are you here to buy more cakes? Sorry that we’re just closed.”

“Oh no no. I was just in the area. You know, you shouldn’t be alone at this time of the night. Isn’t there anyone to walk home with you?”

She smiled softly and shook her head no. “I’ve been walking home alone ever since I opened this bakery a few years back.”

“Let me walk you.”

She was about to refuse but Yongguk tsked at her and gestured her to lead the way. She smiled shyly at him while walking alongside him.

“It’s been a while since I saw you. You don’t need any more cheesecake, huh?” A small smile played at her lips.

Yongguk blushed and he thanked the heavens that it was night and he couldn’t be blushing in front of her.

“Uh...I’ve become a bit busy nowadays.”

She nodded. “Oh, I’ve thought I may have scared you off or anything.”

“Oh no no no! It’s not like I don’t want to come! Believe me, I want to, but right now I can’t.”

They talked about anything, and about everything. He learned that they were actually the same age. Not that he paid full attention to whatever that she was saying.

He was busy staring at her. Now that they were standing so close, he noticed that she was quite tall, about his ear. He couldn’t stop staring at her lips every time they moved when she talked. He liked her shampoo that gave a faint smell of lemons.

“Well, here’s me.”

Yongguk didn’t realize that they were already in front of her apartment complex. Before she could enter, he offered to walk her home tomorrow. She didn’t even try to refuse this time. Maybe it was because of the night breeze that blew at that time but he definitely saw her cheeks flush before wishing him goodnight.

Yongguk slept smiling all night.

 

~*~

 

Being with Jiwoo everyday made Yongguk relax. He felt that whenever he was with her, he was able to let himself go; not becoming the scary B.A.P leader, but just Bang Yongguk. He enjoyed talking to her, and he enjoyed looking at her face, that went a bit red whenever he tried flirting with her.

“Hey Jiwoo?”

She hummed in response. They have moved to talking informally with each other. Yongguk could tell that she was more comfortable with him. He was still walking her home every night, they had grown closer.

“How did you get into Cake-proof? I-I mean, have you always like baking? Or…”

She chuckled when Yongguk seemed unsure whether to ask her or not. The truth was, Yongguk was being unsure, he was afraid that she would think of him as someone that was a busybody.

“I actually have a degree in Food and Beverage Services, and I specialised in pastries.”

A few of exaggerated gestures by Yongguk and also a few ‘no ways’ made Jiwoo laugh.

“I actually opened the shop to… run from my family. They’ve been bugging me to take over the family’s business as I’m the eldest. But I don’t want to. I wanted to prove to my family that I don’t need the family’s money to survive.”

Yongguk nodded in understanding. He was itching to ask what her family does but he thought that would be inappropriate so he opted talking about something else instead.

“So that’s why it’s Cake-proof? As a proof to your family?”

She laughed again and Yongguk would do anything to hear that angelic sound again.

“Wow, I’ve never thought of it that way, but the reason quite fits.” She cleared before continuing. “When I first opened the shop, there were a few other bakeries down the street. I saw that as an opportunity to compete with them.”

Yongguk just listened to her with a few nods.

“After a while, they were closed down for good. All of them. And I found out that, my dad bought all the bakeries in the whole neighbourhood just to avoid my shop having any competitors.” She chuckled.

“Wow, that’s unexpected. But that’s how he showed his support to you, huh?”

Jiwoo just nodded while staring ahead. Just as Yongguk thought the conversation ended there, she continued.

“But now that he’s gone, as the eldest of the family, I have to take up the family’s business whether I like it or not.”

“He’s…gone?”

Jiwoo must not realized that she said those words so she turned to Yongguk, surprised at first but later had a soft gaze on him.

“He passed away last year.”

“Oh. I’m sorry.”

They fell into a moment of silence after that. The walk to Jiwoo’s apartment seemed longer that night. Yongguk glanced at her from time to time, just to see she was smiling, probably dwelling from her memories. Feeling like the silence needed to be broken, he spoke up.

“You’re a strong a girl.” Earning a confused look from Jiwoo, Yongguk doesn’t stop.

“Well, it must be hard, managing you shop and your family’s business.”

Whatever he said must deem funny to Jiwoo as he caught her smiling shyly. “Enough about me. What about you, then?”

“Huh?”

Jiwoo turned to Yongguk and stared at him. “What did you so for living?”

She caught him off guard. He couldn’t exactly tell her who he was, but he didn’t want to lie to her either.

“I…can’t tell you that.”

She seemed amused for a second. “What are you, some kind of spy?” she joked.

“I…what I do…isn’t exactly ‘legal’.”

He was surprised when she burst into a loud laugh.

That’s it? Oh come on, in this era, not everything we do is legal.”

“No, you don’t understand, I’m – ”

“I won’t judge you.”

He looked at her, bewildered. He was now aware that they had stopped walking and he didn’t even realized how long they have been standing in front of her apartment complex.

“What you do is none of my concern. Well, who am I to judge? I may be worse than you, as far as I know.” She laughed but that only made Yongguk fell more for her.

“Maybe I want to impress you.”

“What’s there to impress? We’re already went from strangers to friends.”

“Maybe I want to be more than friends.”

Now he was the one that caught her off guard this time. And he was very sure that the prominent blush on her cheeks was not from the night breeze. They shared a long look with each other before he broke the awkwardness between them.

“You should go inside. It’s late.”

She nodded and walked in but turned just before she passes the door. She smiled and waved shyly before scurrying inside.

Yongguk could hear his own heart beating erratically.

Dammit, I like her so much.

 

He wanted to confess properly tomorrow, but he never got the chance.

As tomorrow came, Yongguk was waiting for Jiwoo across the street as usual, waiting for her to close up the shop.

All of a sudden, he felt a sharp blow at the back of his head and he was out as a feather. He could hear Jiwoo’s scream seconds before he closed his eyes.

 

~*~

 

A cold splash to his face woke Yongguk up. He blinked a couple of times before his vision cleared. All he saw was Jiwoo looking back at him.

“Jiwoo!”

He tried to get to her but his four limbs were all tied to the chair he was currently sitting on. He yanked his hands but they proved to be no use.

Just then he realized two men were standing on each of her side, smirking down at him.

“Who the are you guys?” He spat.

“Well, Bang Yongguk, that’s not the way to greet us, especially when we got our hands on your girl.”

One of the guys who looked like an ugly rabbit played with a few strands of Jiwoo’s hair. She flinched away from the touch, looking annoyed.

Another guy, that looked way too young came closer to Yongguk.

“I want my enemies to know my name, before I finish them. I’m B.I, and that’s Bobby.”

B.I tilted his head to Bobby as they introduced themselves. Yongguk asked;

“So you’re B?”

“B?” B.I frowned before turning to his partner.

“Yah! Did you forget to write I again after B???”

B.I shook his head when the other sheepishly scratched the back of his neck. He turned his attention back to Yongguk.

“Whatever. That’s not important – ”

Yongguk spat at him, literally.

“I don’t even ing know you. Why the hell are you doing this?”

B.I punched Yongguk on the cheek, hard. It’s been a while since he got punched, but this kid couldn’t even punch like a girl.

“You see, Yongguk, you managed to annoy my boss. YG. You remembered him?”

He tried hard to think. He didn’t remember even doing business with YG. B.A.P and YG never crosses paths. It has been known to all that the way they work is too different.

“You remember that drug deal last month?” B.I spoke again, “it was actually ours, but you just have to go and sweep it off our hands.”

“I guess you didn’t do a very good job in keeping them, then.”

Bobby stopped twirling Jiwoo’s hair when he heard her asking, “Why are you doing this?”

He moved to squat right in front of her. Her hands were tied to her back so she couldn’t do anything when he touched her cheeks, creepily.

“You don’t get the situation here now, do you? Bang Yongguk is not just your ordinary guy that walked you home every night. He’s a gang leader. He deals with drugs, he kills people. That’s not the end of it.”

Jiwoo looked at Yongguk to see him staring back at her. But what confused Yongguk was how calm she looked the entire time.

“Jiwoo, I’m sorry. This is not how I want you to know.”

“No, Yongguk, I told you – argh!”

Her hair was pulled backwards and she was met with Bobby’s face to close to hers.

“You talk too much.”

If it wasn’t for the ropes biding him, Yongguk would’ve leaped across the room to kill Bobby.

“Don’t ing touch her!”

The second punch hurt more than the first, taken into account that B.I punched Yongguk at the exact same spot.

After a few more punches to Yongguk and hearing Bobby laughed behind her, Jiwoo finally lost it.

“Ugh, this sh*t!”

Not any of the guys have time to be surprised with her words as she quickly swung her head, hitting Bobby’s face dead on.

Bobby fell on the floor, due to the shock, and due to his bleeding nose. It was most probably broken already.

B.I couldn’t even react when Jiwoo delivered a hard spinning kick to his side, another kick to his stomach, causing him to hurl on the floor.

Jiwoo huffs in frustration that seemed she kept it in for a while. Yongguk just gaped at her in surprise.

“Oh my ing god! You two seriously are freaking bad at doing this! Obviously not stealthy enough as I could actually see you hanging around my shop for a while. Like, duh! I’m only holding this in just to see the faces of the stupid twats!”

Yongguk’s jaw just dropped to the floor.

“And you!” He quickly closed his hanging mouth when she turned to him. “What kind of a gang leader are you?! You put your guard down! Put a girl in front of you and you became a putty. Didn’t you go for enough training for this?”

Yongguk was about to answer her but she continued to shout.

“And why the hell aren’t you guys in yet?! I’m ing tired, you know!”

Just as on cue, one of the doors broke down and a guy stabilized himself after kicking it open.

The guy walked in, dusting off invisible dirt on his pink sweater. He was followed by six guys that came filing in.

B.I and Bobby began to stand up and run but two of the guys that just entered got to them and started to beat them senseless.

Yongguk’s attention was turned from the beating to the voices he heard.

“Awwhhh come on, Jiwoo noona. I thought you like being a ‘damsel in distress’.”

Yongguk knew that voice. It was Namjoon’s.

“Shut the up and untie me.”

One of the guys, who had a slightly longer face than a normal person hurried to Jiwoo’s side and cut the plastic that, was tying her.

“Noona, I thought you are more than capable of breaking this down yourself.”

“It’s plastic, I don’t want it to leave a mark on my hands. Plus, I’m ing tired from the shop.” After her hands were free, she quickly ruffled his hair in affection. “Thanks, Hobi.”

Yongguk felt his hands were free as well and looked down to see who he now knew as Jungkook and Taehyung, the two that he met at the bakery the other day. The two guys cut the ropes that were binding him and helped him up.

“Are you okay, old man?”

“I…uh…yeah…thanks.”

Both of them snickered and left him after patting Yongguk on the shoulders.

“Jimin, Yoongi, stop. You’re gonna kill them.”

The other two that were beating B.I and Bobby stopped after hearing Jiwoo’s command.

“Wait, we can’t kill them?” one of them pouted. They brought the two now bloodied beaten up guys to the centre of the room. They were injured severely, but still conscious.

Yongguk looked around the room and just realised that all Bangtan members were there.

Namjoon smacked B.I’s head and the latter groaned. “Next time, you should know who you were messing with. And you should also know not to kidnap Hitman’s eldest heir.”

Yongguk’s eyes wide in realization when he put two and two together. The other guys snickered before Jiwoo spoke. “I guess we need to pay YG a visit then.”

Just before they walked away, Namjoon turned to Yongguk.

“Yongguk hyungnim, we’ll keep an eye on you. She’s a keeper – oww!”

Jiwoo smacked the back of Namjoon’s head and he whined before she kicked him to walk out of the way. One more guy, Hobi kept glaring at Yongguk, while making ‘I’ll-be-watching-you’ gestures with two of his fingers pointing to his own eyes before pointing to Yongguk.

Bangtan walked out of the room but Jiwoo ran back to stand in front of Yongguk. He blinked at her a few times.

She wiped the corner of his lips that was punched by B.I just now. It seemed to have a little splatter of his own blood.

“Thank you, for saving me – wait, you didn’t exactly save me. Well, uh…thanks anyways?”

She tip-toed to kiss his lip corner that was already cleaned by her. He blushed hard at the simple almost-peck but he saw that her cheeks were red too.

She waved at him shyly and started running towards Bangtan that was at the door, hollering and cheering for her.

Yongguk slowly touched where Jiwoo’s lips were seconds ago.

I got owned.

Well, . 

 

 

 

 

 


if you guys could comment about what did you think about this story, that'd be nice~~

thanks for reading! <3