O7.

for some reason, our path crossed again.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

yooseul's phone have been buzzing and ringing for the past few hours, and she haven't have got any intentions to pick up the phone either. after she left big hit entertainment's building, she desperately gasps for air, feeling extremely suffocate that she broke down right on the spot, not too far away from the building. the pain in her heart was unbearable and it's killing her internally. not going back to the office, or any other place, she managed to drag her feet back all the way home, where she finds most comfortable in; her bed with the blinds shut. 

the sun light seems to still managed to shine into her room slightly. as though she's some vampire afraid of the sunlight, she wrapped herself with the blanket and hugging her own legs. yooseul's tears rolled down her already stained cheeks. hiding her heads in her arms, she cried and cried. why is she crying. why is her heart hurting so much. she wanted answers but she knew none. 

soon after, the sunset, yooseul didn't know how long have she been sitting there, she didn't know how long have she been crying. but she knew that the sun set, which only means that jae is going to come home anytime soon. and just then, she heard the front door close, signaling that jae is back home. 

the first thing jae did was rushing right to yooseul's room because she have been trying to contact yooseul ever since that noon. opening her room door, it's pitch black. 

"yooseul, are you there?" jae called out from the door. 

no answer. 

jae was just about to close the room door when she heard soft sobs from inside the room. she frowned and turn on the lights only to find yooseul sitting on her bed, wrapped in blanket and hugging herself. 

"yooseul, you alright?" jae walked over, worried.

no answer. 

jae sat on yooseul's bed and started panicking. "oh my god, yooseul!" she screamed. 

"you have been crying for hours, haven't you?" jae asked the obvious. yooseul's appearance was horrendous. her cheeks were red, with stained marks of the tears. everything is in a mess; her hair, her face, herself, her mind, her life. it's a mess.

"i heard you went to big hit entertainment today. you met jungkook, didn't you?" jae asked and just hearing his name, yooseul cried even louder. 

jae could do nothing but hug yooseul so tightly that she's afraid that if she ever let yooseul go, she would be broken into a million pieces that no one could ever fixed it back. jae soothe, pat, not even forgetting to tell yooseul that everything will be fine, it will all get better. they did nothing but that for an hour or two, and soon. yooseul stopped crying. her eyes are tired, she's tired from all the crying and yooseul felt as though there wouldn't be any tears left for her to cry out anymore. 

"better?" jae slowly pull away, looking at yooseul softly.

yooseul nodded. 

"yooseul - you," jae was gonna start nagging about how yooseul ignored her calls, and how she didn't went back to the office or even turn up for her appointment with one of her client when yooseul cut her sentence off. 

yooseul's pov.

"i saw him today," i said so softly, but i know that jae heard it clearly. 

silence overtook, probably knowing that jae was just digesting what she have just heard. "he told me, 'it's nice to meet you again,' and there's this sharp pain piercing through my heart ever since."

"we joked about this before, didn't we?" i asked, as a sarcastic laugh followed. "i told you, i'm gonna face him strongly, i'm not going to cry after that, i'm not going to hurt myself for what had happened in the past. and i'm going to be the one who would go up to him.." i could hardly choke my tears back, but i did. 

"and said, 'hey let's be friends again', we will then be friends and be like how we used to be as friends." i ended, as a tear slipped down my eyes unknowingly.

"i said such stupid things, hoping and thinking that, that's what gonna happen. but the reality is, life isn't all happiness and sunshines and casual-ness and this." i pointed to myself finding myself very pathetic, and chuckled lowly. "i wouldn't be like this, if it was."

"it's okay, yooseul." jae said softly, with pity in her eyes looking at me.

"it's not okay," i cried out.

"on my way to the building, i kept t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter