Final

Trust

“I’m not letting you face that psycho by yourself,” Hakyeon snapped, trying to catch his partner’s arm.

“Let go, old man,” Sanghyuk hissed, shrugging off Hakyeon’s grip, “I can handle myself.”

“Hyukkie,” Hakyeon snapped, “I don’t care if you can take Jake in a one-on-one fight. You aren’t going to get a one-on-one fight!”

“You saw what he did to Ravi,” Sanghyuk yelled right on back, “and you know what he did to my parents.”

“Yeah,” Hakyeon sighed, pulling Sanghyuk into a hug, “I know. I know what he’s done. I just don’t want to add your name to that list.”

“But he needs to be stopped,” Sanghyuk argued, “if he isn’t stopped--.”

“He’ll destroy the supports keeping the city up,” Hakyeon sighed, “I know. But you can’t do this alone. Look what happened to Jaehwan! He’s the King of Heros and after Jake was done with him…..”

The pair winced at the memory of Jaehwan strung up on the Hero TV building, of the ambulance rushing him away after they got him down.

“I need to be the one to stop him,” Sanghyuk whispered, “for my parents……I need to…..”

“You will be,” Hakyeon assured him, “just with my help.”

“This isn’t,” Sanghyuk asked, “this isn’t because……because you don’t trust me?”

“I trust you,” Hakyeon assured him, “this isn’t like when they first teamed us up. I know you aren’t some stupid rookie just trying to get famous. I know you care about the people of this city, that you want to protect them. The only person I don’t trust is Jake. I don’t trust him to fight fair and I don’t trust him not to use your parents to get into your head. That’s why I’m going with you, to even things up. To keep your head clear.”

“Thank you,” Sanghyuk smiled ever so slightly, “I trust you too, old man.”

“Then get suited up, Hyukkie,” Hakyeon grinned before rushing off to get his own suit, “we’ve got a bad guy to stop.”

“My name isn’t Hyukkie,” Sanghyuk muttered to himself, not even trying to hide his smile, “it’s Sanghyuk.”

A/N: sort of 100% inspired by ‘Tiger & Bunny’ (freakin’ love the anime and the manga).