My Kind of Detective

New Beginning

“So, where are we heading next your highness?” I stare at the man in confusion but the sound of my stomach growling makes him burst out laughing and me flush in embarrassment.

“I guess eat it is then. Do you have any place in mind? Anything that you are craving right now?” he grin as I shot him another questioning look.

“I say do you have anything specific that you want to eat right now?” he repeats the question but with his gaze turn towards me as we are stopping at the red light.

“It is ok hyung. I am sure that Woohyun-hyung and Baekhyun-hyung will be home soon” I smack myself internally for sound less than convincing.

“It is my responsibility as your knight to serve the hungry damsel” he once again laughs and ruffles my hair making me sick in the stomach.

What is he doing? Serve the hungry damsel? My knight? God Bang Yong Guk! Ever since we left, I find my mind being occupy with multiple thoughts. I recall the session and feels like drowning myself or digging a hole to hide myself in it.

“Don’t you have work though hyung?” I try my best not too sound hopeful as I know Yongguk-hyung probably just asking out of kindness.

“I am on my work aren’t i? Attending the prince’s needs” he grins and I could feel my stomach twisting again.

Work! That is all what I am to him. He just considers me part of his work. Thankfully the man need to keep his focus on the road that he fail to notice me sulking starring out the window. The man seems to make up his mind as the car suddenly speeds up. We arrive at a small restaurant in the outskirt of the city. I glance around in confusion trying to make sense where are we. Most importantly, why do he need to bring me this far? We could easily eat at one of the restaurants in the city.

The door is open and the smell of fresh grass and warm sea breeze immediately greets me. I step out with pure excitement as I spread my arms trying to feel the breeze passing through me.  I am disturbed from my thoughts when an old lady, seems like the owner of the restaurant come to greet us excitedly.

“Grandmother, this is Kim Youngjae” after a quick hug, Yongguk-hyung introduces me to the grandmother.

I smile shyly and immediately bow at her making her squeal and pinching my cheeks.

“Oh My God! Yongguk! Is he your son? How dare you get married without telling me?” she playfully hits Yongguk-hyung shoulder and the man burst out laughing at the statement.

“Grandmother, how could you say that? I am still too young to have a son this big. Besides, I promise that you will be there at my wedding right?” he clarifies and the grandmother just responds with a big laugh.

She apologizes to me, claiming that she is just joking. She welcomes us both into her restaurant and we both take our sits near the window.  Yongguk-hyung seems to always come here as she just left us saying she come back with the usual.

I look around the restaurant as the smell of food start to invade my nose. The restaurant is small, nothing fancy but it does have a homey feeling to it.

“It is nice right? To be away from the city for a while?” I am startle by the sudden question and before anything I blush hard seeing the man smile warmly at me.

“Yeah, it is really nice. Do you come here often?” I voice out softly earning a pinch on my cheeks making me growl start to get annoy how much my cheeks had been pinch since I arrive here.

“The grandmother is like my own grandmother. I stumble into this place by accident and fell in love right away with it. It always give me peace and comfort” I nod agree with his statement as it only been a few minutes but I could feel like my guard is let loose here.

“Yeah, it really has that special feeling. Thanks for taking me here” the grandmother comes with our food and I am beyond shock to see how many it really is.

The grandmother is just smile and ruffles my hair before leaving us to munching down the food. Yongguk-hyung wait anticipated for me to take the first bite of the chicken and once I did, I am beyond speechless. It really is delicious. It feels like it has been cook with much love and sincerity.

“It really delicious!” I beam excitedly making him chuckle before he start tot take a bite of his own too.

“I am glad you like it. The soup is my favorite food and grandma always makes the best” he smile and we both keep on munching the rest of the food.

“Hyung, thank you very much for takes me here. I really appreciate it” I grin after we finish the meals.

“So you are ok now?” notices my questioning frown he takes my hand and leads me to the back of the restaurant.

I am beyond amaze with what is waiting there. There is a pond and trees everywhere. The grass is cut neatly. I inhale and enjoying the fresh air of the nature.

“You seem really down since the morning. Actually you are very excited when you hug me then you turn solemn afterwards and you seem to be in a deep thought after we left Himchan’s office” I place a hand over mu chest trying to calm it from the racing.

“I am fine hyung. I am just thinking about homework. Yeah, homework that is all” I laugh nervously, Yongguk-hyung seems not to buy it but he let it pass anyway.  

“It is only your first day of school and you are already this stress” he beam funnily and standing a little bit too close with me.

He grabs my arm and opens it wide. Our back touching and I could nearly feel his breath on me. He slings his arms with mind and I swear I could feel my heart try to jump out of my own body.

“Hyung…” his grips is too firm and he shushes me immediately.

“Just close your eyes Jae” I do as he says and I could feel his breath on my cheeks.

“Hyung…what are we doing?” he only pressing himself closer to me and I gulp as my heart start to beating faster than it already is.

“Let the wind take away all of your worries. May when you open your eyes, you heart will be calm and clear out of any anxiety” his deep voice echo nearly in my ear and I could feel goose bump.

I did as he say and slowly start to drift off into the scene. His breath, his warmth and his broad chest against my back, I should not have this feeling, not especially I know it will be only one-side but I could not help myself. I am too engrossed with the scene that I miss Yongguk-hyung’s phone ringing.  

I open my eyes when I realize his warmth is missing. I glance back and catch a few conversations and the name Taeyeon stuck on my head. Taeyeon is the same name as Mr. Suho’s girlfriend. Taeyeon is also the girl who own Yongguk-hyung’s heart.

I close my eyes again trying to sooth the aching that I feel in my heart. Before I knew it, I could feel tears dripping on my cheeks. I wipe it with my hand but it keep on pouring. I feel so hurt, so confuse and so scared.

“Youngjae, I am sorry but our little adventure need to end here” the way his deep voice voicing it out seems like an order.

I am just a work to him. He is a detective and I am that poor damsel in distress that he rescued. I clench my heart and more tears start to stream out.

“Jae…hey why are you crying” he forcing me turning facing me and shock and worried evident on his face.

“Hey, I am so sorry but I really need to go. I will meet you again soon ok? Please don’t cry Jae? Why are you crying?” no words come out as I begin to sobs.

His words struck deep in my heart.

“Jae, you are scarring me. Please tell me what is wrong?” he sounds so sincere that it makes my heart hurt more as I know he just see me as his ward.

“I want to go home” my voice crack and it comes out more as a muffle.

Thank god he manages to catch the word home and we immediately drives back home. I try to keep myself together, determine to not worry others but I could not stop. The tears keep on rolling. Hearing how he laughing more genuine with Taeyeon, his voice more gentle I could not help but to wish that it is mine.

He picks me up bridal style and carry me to the front door. Baekhyun-hyung open the door and is beyond shock when I immediately hugs him tight. I fall to the ground sobbing which makes Woohyun-hyung also comes running. Yongguk-hyung only shakes his head when Woohyun-hyung gaze him questioningly.  

He left and Baekhyun-hyung carries me to my room. Both him and Woohyun-hyung tug me into bed and stay by my side till I fall asleep.

 


 

I wonder what really happen with Youngjae. He suddenly cries and refuses to tell me why. Yongguk is interrupted from his thought when his phone right and he immediately pick it up without peeking knowing the identity of the caller.  

“Taeyeon, I am on my way” Yongguk shakes Youngjae out of his head trying his best to focus on his fiancé,

“Oppa, it is ok if you are busy. I understand how you are obsessed with that boy” Taeyeon is obvious sulking which makes Yongguk chuckle.

“Taeng…you know I just care about him because I am the one who saved him right? You don’t need to be jealous of him” he has to admit that he kind of attach to Youngjae but it just his responsible right?

“Yeah you say that but act otherwise. I won’t be surprise if you break off our engagement to get married with him. I mean he is really adorable with his chubby cheeks and pouty lips” this one makes Yongguk frown as he is sure that he never describe Youngjae physics to her.

“How do you know Youngjae?” did she spy on him or something?

“What? Owh I saw his picture in your room” Taeyeon chuckles and Yongguk buys it.

 


 

Another update and owh Bangjae moments!!!! Bad Yongguk for making poor Jae cries. Taeyeon making her appearance!!! I hope you guys enjoy the chapter and sorry for the delay update.