Why so lonely

Why so lonely
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Why so lonely


 

Hanbin watched the still blank sheet of paper, he had written nothing, not even a single line, not a verse, and now it was getting late that's why he felt drained with no more strength to think about because of fatigue. He rested his head in his hands, took a deep breath exhaling and inhaling several times, as if trying to follow the thread of his thoughts crammed into his mind, united to each other, glued, chained all together but they didn't make any sense. He took off his beanie and ran his hand through his hair, then let out a sigh, leaned against the chair and closed his eyes. He was exhausted, he really was. And he was running out of ideas, the songs they would certainly not have written by themselves. 
It was the ringing and vibration of his cell phone to get him back in himself, to the present, to redeem him from his torpor. Hanbin jumped and took the phone.

"Hello?" Hanbin picked up the call.

"Hi" Yunhyeong spoke hesitantly, "do I bother you, by any chance?" he asked, Hanbin felt a tremor in his voice. 

"No, of course you don't" Hanbin replied frowning, "I'm taking a break".

"How's the work?" Yunhyeong asked, but Hanbin continued to feel something strange and different about him. He could feel it. It was weird.

"Not very well" Hanbin said, "is there something wrong, hyung?" his voice was sweeter when he asked that question.

"No” Yunhyeong replied, “it's all okay”.

“Are you sure?” Hanbin knew he was lying by the way he had just answered.

“You didn't come back for dinner" it was a statement, "you didn't even tell us you wouldn't be back for dinner” Yunhyeong was so disappointed.

"I..." Hanbin didn't know how to respond, "I'm sorry" he apologized and his apology sounded sincere.

"Never mind, it doesn't matter" Yunhyeong said without being very much convincing, as if he were about to say something else but he lacked the courage to do it, to turn what he wanted to say in actual words.

"It does matter!" Hanbin insisted, "I'm really sorry" Hanbin ran a hand on his forehead, sighed with frustration and felt guilty not to be enough for anybody.

And then there was silence between them, a complete and absolute quiet. They didn't talk to each other, neither of them, nor Yunhyeong nor Hanbin.

"Okay" Yunhyeong said after a while, "there is no need to apologize" he made it clear to him, and judging by the way he spoke Hanbin knew that everything was fine and that probably had formed a small, slight, barely visible smile on his pretty face. Hanbin smiled back - it was spontaneous and natural – even if Yunhyeong couldn't know and couldn't see.

It was nice that everything was fine. It was also nice to be silent, but together, without feeling lonely anymore, to listen to each other's breath without needing nothing else and no one else. All was well.

"Hanbin” Yunhyeong called him shortly after, "don't be too late" he said simply, but in a way that it seemed he wanted to reveal something else and never did.

"All right" Hanbin asserted, "I won't be too late" he assured him, couldn't help but wonder what else Yunhyeong wanted to say.

"Bye" Yunhyeong said before hanging up, and Hanbin didn't have time to answer because the phone line died.

He stared somewhere into the void that was parried straight ahead, his eyes ranged as if searching for something or someone that was not there, because in reality he was alone and he also felt lonely. At some point he grabbed the paper, watched it, folded it into four equal parts and slipped it in his pocket, then got up, wore on his green military jacket, adjusted his beanie and switched off the light of the recording studio leaving behind himself only a thick, dense darkness that would not be missed at all. 

He came to the dormitory. He fumbled with the bounch of keys, found the right one inserting it into the lock and triggering the internal mechanism. The door opened and closed, so he entered.
"Yunhyeong-hyung?" Hanbin called him but there was no response from Yunhyeong, so he went down the hall until he got to the kitchen and found him there, busy at the stove to cook. 
"That's why you don't answer me" Hanbin smiled stupidly, "it's the fault of those headphones" he couldn't suppress an amused laugh.

Hanbin leaned against the doorjamb and watched him for a moment that seemed to have to last forever with his eyes focused on him, completely and totally focused on Yunhyeong. But perhaps Hanbin didn't want it to end, maybe he wanted it to last as long as possible. Hanbin began to approach gradually with slow and measured in steps never stop looking at him, never stop getting closer to him, decreasing the distance and increasing the proximity. Hanbin wanted to be closer to him, he wanted to be near him and less distant. Hanbin wanted to be with Yunhyeong.
Hanbin hugged him from behind holding him against himself. Yunhyeong gasped, stiffened, and spun to see who was finding himself a whisker from Hanbin.

"What are you doing here?" Yunhyeong asked after removing the headphones, his gaze lingered for too long on Hanbin's full, juicy lips, "I thought you were working".

"I was, but I'm here" Hanbin said looking him straight in the eye, "what you were doing?" his smile brought out the adorable dimples in his cheeks. He was so cute, he resembled a little boy.

"I was cooking for you" Yunhyeong replied blushing a little, then he turned and went back to check

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter