Wingless

Wingless

Angel.

Whenever I see Taemin, the only thing that comes into my mind is the word angel.

Even now as he’s sleeping peacefully beside me, I have this certain feeling of elation just by looking at him. This boy that slowly captured my heart since trainee days have grown into a strong, independent man.

Independent. My heart made an erratic beat just by thinking about that word. Will there be a time when Taemin will be independent enough not to need me anymore?

I brush his dark bangs away from his closed eyes to gaze at him closely. With those eyelids slightly fluttering, I wonder what he’s dreaming of. Is it about me? About us? Am I still included in his future plans?

“Minho-hyung,” Taemin mutters and all my worries just vanished. The maknae then shifted to a prone position. The blanket enveloping him went slightly lower revealing his . A blush instantly forms on my cheeks as the hickeys I gave him last night came into view.

“What are you dreaming of Taeminnie?” I whisper as I lean closer to my beautiful lover. My right hand touches his shoulders ever so slightly.  As if it has a mind of its own, my index finger traces slowly the words “I love you” on his back.

“I love you too, hyung,” Taeminnie said with a smile on his plump lips. He opens his eyes carefully and looks at me with those mesmerizing brown orbs.

“You know this part here,” I said as I touch the bony part of his upper back. “It’s called scapula and they’re what’s left of our wings. I read it once from a novel when I was a child but didn’t believe it. Not until you came into my life,” I explained as my fingers dance to an unknown rhythm on his back.

Taemin holds my nape and moves a little closer. Expecting for a kiss, I closed my eyes as I await the feeling of his lips on mine. Instead, the maknae pulls my head lower to his chest and wraps his lean arms around me.

“We’re still angels even without wings, hyung,” Taemin said as he embraced me even tighter. “This moment right here with you… This is heaven for me.”