Behind The Happiness (1/1)

Behind the happiness...

I stood at the side, watching them, they all looked so happy.
Behind my bright smile, there's a lonely boy within me. A soul desperate to find someone who'll love me...
I watch as my best friend hug his little boyfriend, why can't I have that kind of relationship? Why can't I be happy like my friends? 
I'm young, but I want someone to love me, I wanted to feel loved, to feel completely new.
I was in love once, but once again, he loved someone, so deeply, so I let it go... Loving after all, is all about letting go.
My sister did say "Seokmin, loving requires sacrifice. Even if he won't love you back, there might be someone out there who'll love you, no matter what."
So I'm still here, even if the people around me are happy instead of me, even if I feel lonely deep inside despite my smiles, I'll never give up. I won't.
"Hyung, we have to go to the convenience store!" Chan says, walking towards me.
I smiled again. "Sure, let's go..."
We went in the car, and drove to the nearest convenience store...
"Hyung, are you okay?"
"What do you mean? Of course I am."
"Is this about Soonyoung hyung."
"You know I'm over him years ago, I know he'll be happy with Jihoonie."
"But will you be happy?"
I sighed. "As long as they're all happy, I will be."
"But you've sacrificed so much, isn't it time for you to think about yourself."
I pondered for a moment. "Maybe, but I prefer caring for others than thinking about myself all the time, that's why I became a doctor."
"Suit yourself hyung."
"You're still in uni, so you'll understand by the time you grow."
"Okay."
We arrived at the convenience store, Dino went to the aisle where the snacks are, while I went for the drinks. I was about to open the fridge when a hand reached for the handle at the same time and... Our hands touched.
I looked at the owner of the soft and warm hand, she was...
Divine, beautiful, so... Amazing.
She has pretty eyes with long eyelashes, a small yet adorable nose, lips pink and cute, everything about her is cute, her blush which was evident because of her white skin, how her outfit, an oversized black hoodie and hot pink leggings and black sneakers, fits her, even the way she frowns...
My exact opposite I see...
"Do you mind?" Her voice rang like beautiful little silver bells.
I removed my hand from hers and apologized. "Sorry."
"It's fine, it's not everyday someone does that. But it's fine."
"You from around here?"
"Just moved a block from here."
"So you're the one who moved into the large house? I lived a block from here."
"Hm, yeah."
"Have you seen the neighborhood? There are lots of people here, they're really friendly."
She got her drink and said. "You know, you're the first one who talked to me in this dull looking neighborhood."
"And you're the only one who looks different from the others here." I replied.
"I know... I'm ugly, everyone said that before, I'm out of place, my clothes may look good, but I don't."
 I looked at her, held her shoulders and said to the startled girl.
"Don't say that, to me you're probably the cutest girl I have ever seen, even though we've just met minutes ago... Don't let anyone say that to you. You're unique, but that's what makes you beautiful."
Her eyes were wide with shock, a blush escaping her cheeks.
"I-I'm beautiful?"
I let her go and nodded. Blushing. "Y-yeah.."
She smiled, a beautiful sight. "Hm... You're straightforward alright... I like that."
I smiled. "So... Can I know your name?"
"Not a chance neighbor." She said, winking and walking away.
I looked down, chuckling, what an interesting and different character.
I saw a card, an I.D. card, I picked it up and saw that it was the girl's i.d.
Min JinSeo
 She even works at the same hospital as me, hmm...
JinSeo huh? We'll see each other again real soon.
"Yah, hyung, did you get the drinks?" Chan asked.
"Yup." We walked out of the store after paying, a big smile plastered on my face.

I went home and looked at the house in front of mine. She was there, watering her plants, she looked up and saw me, I smiled and waved. She nodded and went back to her plants.
I smiled as I went inside...
My heart was beating a million times more than usual.
This might be a start of something new...

A few years later...
"Seokmin!" She said, eyes blindfolded. "You know, you're really making me curious now, where are we?"
"JinSeo-yah, just wait... You'll see."
I took off her blindfold and revealed our little date spot. 
"Aw, Seokmin..."
"I know." I said, hugging her waist. "I know, baby."
With the help of my friends, I set up a treehouse at her backyard. She's been on vacation for some time, so I got the time to set this up at the huge tree in her backyard (with the help of Seungcheol hyung, Soonyoung, Hansol, Wonwoo, Mingyu, Jisoo Hyung, and Chan.) 
"Seokmin, I'm-I'm so amazed, it's so.. Amazing." She said, hugging me.
"Well, shall we go check it out?"
We climbed in and as she stepped in the house, I turned the lights on, and a string of lightbulbs and a few lanterns illuminated the place. On a wall, there were pictures, all the pictures we took on our dates, there were rose petals on the floor, and a small carpet with a basket that contained our food.
"Seokmin, you really outdid yourself."
"Anything for my princess."
She kissed my cheek as we sat on the carpet and unpacked the meal.
"It's been a while, huh?" She said, smiling as she munched on her sandwich.
"It's our 100th date, actually." I said. 
"That long? And I still haven't agreed to be your girlfriend yet, gosh I'm awful."
"No." I said, holding her hand. "It's fine, I can wait long, a few years, even a million years, just for you."
She smirked. "Oh Seokmin, you're so cheesy." 
We laughed, after eating and packing the containers away, we cuddled on the mattress that Soonyoung placed here. (For CUDDLING only he said.) and she asked.
"Seokmin, am I really important to you?"
"Of course you are."
"But, I heard you once liked..." She trailed off.
I sighed, she knew, about my past love for Soonyoung, and how it remained unrequited.
"Tell me, would you take him back, if you had the chance?"
I looked at her. "No."
"Be honest."
"Of course I won't, because I have you now."
"Are you sure?"
"Positive. And he has a boyfriend... Duh!?" 
She hit my chest, laughing. "But do you still love him."
I didn't hesitate. "No, I don't... Because of that girl in the convenience store, that I met, on one fine day, she made my heart flutter and beat a million times, and she made me even more happier, I love her so much."
"That girl is so lucky to have a boyfriend like you." She said, smiling.
I widened my eyes. "What?"
"I've decided, let's be together, for real."
 I stood up, carried her bridal style, and swung her around. 
"THIS IS THE HAPPIEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!! MIN JINSEO IS FINALLY MINE!!"
"Keep it down." She said, laughing.
I put her down and kissed her forehead, her cheeks, but when it came to her lips, she stopped.
"Wait, this is... My first time.." She said, blushing.
I smiled. "Don't worry, it's my first time too, so let's take it slow okay?"
I slowly pressed my lips against hers, sharing our first kiss with each other.
As we pulled away, she says. "I love you, Lee Seokmin."
I kissed her forehead. "I love you too."

-The End-