The Storm

White Rose
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hey! It's me! Yuuji!

So, here's the thing, guys.
I didn't want to continue this series after the last chapter. Well, because I'm already working on the re: version of it.
But I really hate loose ends. So, that's why I'm doing this again. Or at least until this first arc.
This fic was originally supposed to have three arcs to it, and the new one would have an additional one in it.
So, just a heads up, but this is the second to last chapter. And I'll post the last chapter as soon as I can.

But anyway! Please enjoy the story!
And comment too!
Cause I live off your comments and pizza lol

P/s: this is a look at my new writing style!

 

 

“They’ve been in there for a long time,” Chaeyoung remarks as she looks at the second floor. She’s sitting on the couch watching the tv. She needs something to distract her from the event. It’s currently four in the evening, and they still haven’t seen the couple emerge out of Mina’s bedroom.

“Let them be,” Jihyo smiles bitterly. They all know that Momo is the victim, none of them can really blame Mina for the way she acts. The fact that the event happens tonight doesn’t help it either. Jihyo tries to keep herself from overthinking what will tonight. “As much as I hate to think about it, this could be the last time they would be together so peacefully,”

“Don’t be such a downer!” Jeongyeon says from beside Chaeyoung. She looks at the orange-eyed girl sitting on the other couch with a slight scowl. “We need to stay positive if we want to beat fate,”

“You do realize what you’re saying sounds impossible, right?” Dahyun quips from her seat at the grand piano. It’s tucked in the corner of the penthouse. She had asked the eaters if she could use it earlier. Dahyun had been playing the piano since she was human, and it’s one of the few things that could calm her down.

“I’m just saying—”

“Let’s stop there,” Jihyo intervenes. Everyone here is anxious about the event, and she doesn’t need any of them fighting. They all needed to be in their top form if the wanted to beat—in Jeongyeon’s words—fate. “We should all hope, but we also need to be prepared for the worst, okay?”

“Yeah,” Jeongyeon says softly. She couldn’t imagine what Mina must be feeling right now. If Nayeon was the victim, she probably couldn’t even function. She hears everyone in the hum in agreement. Jeongyeon looks around the room. There’s only her, Jihyo, Chaeyoung, Dahyun, and Nayeon. Mina and Momo are in the former’s room. “Hey, where’s Tzuyu and Claire?”

“They said they would go to the armory,” Nayeon answers her from the kitchen. She could see her lover raising her eyebrows in confusion, and the looks on the others face. She quickly explains, “They have one in another section of the basement apparently,”

“What’re they doing there?” the young werewolf asks. “The eaters only have one weapon, right?”

“Yeah, their scabbard,” Jihyo nods. “I think they’re looking for armor? Or stocking up on potions. Which reminds me. How much blood potions do we have?”

“A lot,” Chaeyoung answers. “We brought—like twenty or something,”

“What about you guys?” Jihyo looks at Nayeon.

“Same” she simply says.

The werewolf hums in reply and directs her attention back to the tv. Might as well rest as much as she can before the event. But now that she thinks about it, there’s only two more hours before nightfall. Jihyo thinks that they should at least start preparing. Should she go to Claire and gather everyone to prepare? However, before she could even stand up, both Claire and Tzuyu came in from the front door.

Jihyo notices that they’re not wearing their usual clothes anymore. Claire is wearing a turtle-neck sweater with leather pants and combat boots—the clothing all black. She also wears a short black coat with a hood and white fur over it, and a pair of black gloves. Her scabbard rests on the back of her waist, and multiple leather pouches on the belt. Tzuyu wears something similar to Claire. But she wears an additional pauldron on her right shoulder and a pair of gauntlets. And she wears a long black coat instead.

“All of you need to start getting ready,” Claire announces loudly for all of them to hear. Then she looks at Tzuyu. “Can you get Mina and Momo?”

“Okay,” the girl says before disappearing from everyone’s sight. Tzuyu teleports to Mina’s bedroom door and knocks. “Claire-unnie told us to prepare,”

Tzuyu doesn’t receive a response, and she moves her hand to knock again. But then she hears a muffled ‘Okay’ from the room’s owner a beat later.

Having done her task, Tzuyu goes back downstairs. She sees that everyone is gone—even Claire. She must be in her room, the girl thought. So, she sits down on the sofa and waits for everyone to gather. She has been trying to prepare herself mental about what’s to come. However, when it’s literally hours before it, Tzuyu can’t help to panic a little. She may look calm on the outside—courtesy of the poker face she perfected over the decades—her heart is full of worry. Especially now that it concerns her unnie’s happiness.

The youngest eater has always been quite neutral towards both vampires and werewolves. Never favoring one side, and also never favoring anyone, to be honest. But when Mina’s special someone is a certain brown-haired werewolf, Momo might as well be Tzuyu’s favorite. She’ll practically do anything to protect the wolf because that would keep Mina happy. And she would do anything to keep her unnie happy.

Besides, there was already enough tragedy in their long life. They don’t need more. Tzuyu’s determined to not let the same thing happen again. She can’t let Momo meet the same fate as Sana. While the three of them suffered when Sana died, Tzuyu had it the worst. When someone you love dies, it’s the same as dying yourself. A part of you will be broken, and it’ll never be the same again. She won’t let Mina experience the same thing she went through. Not again, she clenches her jaws.

Feeling herself becoming worked up, Tzuyu breaths in deeply and slowly. She tries to think about Sana. She has always a calming effect on Tzuyu. She thinks about what the present Sana is doing. Is she doing homework? Her face is always cute when she concentrates. Is she helping out her mother? She’s so clumsy that she probably tripped on air. Or is she out in the city? She’ll try on everything that looks cute on her, but never actually buys it. Tzuyu smiles when she imagines it. And just like that, the time passes for her.

-----------------

Dahyun leaves the bathroom after changing into an outfit more suited for combat. She sees Chaeyoung sitting on her bed. She already changed to her own combat ready outfit, and chains could be seen next to her on the bed. But Chaeyoung just looks blankly at the wall. Dahyun furrows her eyebrows at the sight, but says nothing to the wolf. She walks to her own bed where her luggage sits on. The vampire takes out her prized steel bow and arrow, and she proceeds to equip it on her body.

She looks behind her, and Chaeyoung hasn’t even moved a muscle. The girl wonders if the wolf even blinked at all. She shakes her head while walking to stand in front of her. Chaeyoung didn’t even realize that the other girl is there. Dahyun waves her hand in front of the girl’s face. The wolf didn’t even blink. At this point, the vampire is starting to get creeped out. But she figures that Chaeyoung’s just over thinking. So, she, of course, tries to comfort the girl, albeit in her own way.

“Snap out of it!” Dahyun shouts while taking the wolf’s face between her hands, squishing it.

Chaeyoung tries to shout back at her with complaints. But with her face squished, the only thing that comes out are intangible high-pitched blabbering that resembles a ‘What the hell?!’ and a ‘Let me go!’. Dahyun doesn’t listen.

“You are thinking too much!” she exclaims while playing with her face. Her eyebrows still furrowing, and has a frown. She releases her from her grip. “I know you’re worried about Momo, but sulking about that now won’t change anything! If anything, you’re gonna slow us down because of it! So, stop it!”

“I’m not sulking!” Chaeyoung retorts as she glares at the vampire.

“Sure, you’re not,” she scoffs, rolling her eyes.

“I’m not!” the werewolf stands up in protest. Her voice louder, and she glares at her. “I’m just thinking of combat strategies!”

“Mhmm,” Dahyun quirks her eyebrow. Not believing the other girl in the slightest. “Look, wolf,”

“I have a name, vampire,” she hisses at her.

“And I do too,” the girl deadpans. “But I don’t see you using it, so why should I?”

“Be-because—" Chaeyoung says, ready to retort. But the vampire suddenly put her hand up, signaling her to shut up. She scowls at her for interrupting her. Though the reason she was going to give was a stupid one. So, she’s kind of glad.

“I’m just saying that you need to stop thinking about useless things, and get your head in the game. But if you want to trouble everyone by getting yourself injured or worse, killed, then be my guest,” Dahyun quickly says to her. Without giving Chaeyoung a chance to talk back, she walks away. She opens the door and stops there. Dahyun glances at her one last time. “Focus, Chaeyoung,”

“I don’t need you to tell me that,” she mumbles, looking down at the floor. Chaeyoung hears the vampire sighing, and then the door closes. She thinks back to what Dahyun said, and she knows that she’s right. She grinds her teeth and clenches her fists, frustrated by the fact. She lets out a groan and runs her hand through her hair. Now’s not the time to be like this, Chaeyoung tells herself. The girl grabs the chains sitting on top of her bed and hang it on her waist. She quickly checks everything again. Seeing that she didn’t miss anything, Chaeyoung moves to walk out the room.

However, just before she grabs the door’s handle, she remembers the way that Dahyun talked to her. The vampire sounded cold just as always, but something was missing in her tone. It was the venom. Now, that she thinks about it, was she just worried about me? She even called her actual name. Chaeyoung widens her eyes in realization. Wait a second, she actually called me Chaeyoung! She doesn’t know what to do with this new information she has. She doesn’t know how to feel about it. A part of her feels happy, but another part feels really weird out by this. Without her realizing it, her face has a light pink tint to it.

-----------------

“Is everyone here?” Claire asks as she glances around the room. Seeing that everyone is in the living room, she continues, “Then a few reminders before we go out,”

“Right,”

“First,” the minister starts, “We will all be separated into teams of three. The first will be me, Tzuyu, and Nayeon. We will patrol near the Ater Zone. The next team, Mina, Momo, and Jihyo will be patrolling the city where it’s the safest. And Dahyun, Chaeyoung, and Jeongyeon’s team will patrol the outskirts. Then if you find a demon or anything suspicious, immediately contact everyone. Do not engage first. If you find yourself in danger, immediately escape. Especially you, Momo. Also, don’t be rash and irrational. I know everyone is antsy. But we can’t take risks. And lastly, our main priority is to survive. Do I make myself clear?”

“Yes,” they all answer her. All of them know the dangers the event tonight will bring to them. They don’t want to risk anything.

“Then Jihyo will start handing everyone walkie-talkies,” Claire looks at Jihyo and gestures her to do so. “Now, then,” she says after everyone has their walkie-talkie, “Good luck and stay alive, everyone”

Then everyone went their separate ways from the eater’s house and head to their respective places to patrol. Jeongyeon, Dahyun, and Chaeyoung are walking around near the forest on the outskirts of the city. But then the younger vampire has a disturbed look on her face. Jeongyeon is about to ask what’s wrong, but the girl ta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter