fin

Late Night Drives
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This is Prompt #34: Late Night Drives 

 

 

Whatever I do, I can't seem to fall asleep and just end up staring at the ceiling.

 

It has been years. Years since I fell for him. But every night, it keeps bothering me.

 

Why can't I just confess to him right away and end all my doubts? I know I have no chance with him. I don't even know if Doyoung likes men so I have no idea how he'll react if I tell him about how I feel to him.

 

He might reject me, but at least I already told him.

 

At least it won't bother me anymore.

 

I think it's a rushed decision but I can't keep sleeping late like this just because of one question.

 

So I stood up and got my phone from my bedside table and called his number.

 

"Hello?" I heard Doyoung's voice and I immediately smiled.

 

Oh god, I'm insane.

 

"Hi." I whispered. I noticed that my voice was hoarse. I hope he could hear me.

 

"Hey, Jaehyun. What's up?"

 

"Are you busy?" I asked him and he chuckled.

 

"Not really."

 

"Are you up for a midnight drive around the city?"

 

"Sure!"

 

And that's why we're on my car right now. Me, driving and, him, staring outside.

 

"So why did you call me?" He started talking and I could feel myself shaking in nervousness.

 

This is why I never confessed. Every time I'm gonna do it, I just tremble in nervousness.

 

"Something keeps bothering me every time I try to go to sleep." I said and he touched my shoulders.

 

"You can tell me anything, you know." He said and I smiled sadly at the road.

 

It's you. I wanted to say but I guess that's being too fast.

 

"Before that, let's talk about other things." I said and he understood.

 

"Well, my day was..."

 

Hearing his voice this close always makes the butterfly in my tummies freak out. Every single time. I can't believe this. And it's just his voice.

 

I turned for a while just to look at his face but I shouldn't have because he was smiling that smile where I can see his gums while he was talking about something funny that happened.

 

It distracted me so much. I just want to touch his face.

 

I shook my head and sticked my attention on the road.

 

"What about your day, Jaehyun?" Doyoung suddenly asked and I thought of what I'll say.

 

I just hanged out with Taeyong for the entire day. Should I tell him that?

 

Why shouldn't I tell Doyoung? Am I really thinking that he'll feel jealous? He doesn't even care with who I hang out with in the first place.

 

"I was with Taeyong the whole day at school." 

 

"Oh, cool." He smiled at me but I sensed something wrong with his smile.

 

I shook my head. It must be my imagination.

 

Clearly, Doyoung won't be jealous. He doesn't feel anything to me other than being friends.

 

And the three of us are friends too. So there's no need to be jealous.

 

"So now, Jaehyun. Why did you call me?" Doyoung asked.

 

"I wanted to hang out with you beca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter