Episode Eight

God of Study Season 2

“Give me the details of Dabin’s parents now.” Jiyeon didn’t show any hostility towards the teacher since she did the same to Jiyeon a while ago.

“Miss, who are you to ask for her parents’ information? Where is her nanny?”

“I just caught her nanny beating the hell out of her outside the mall. Give me her parents’ details now or I’ll mess the centre up.”

The teacher widened her eyes and looked at the scared girl in Jiyeon’s arms. “Is it true, Dabin-ah?”

The poor girl could only nod her head before burying it into Jiyeon’s neck again.

“Just give it to me now!”

The teacher couldn’t do a thing but to give the information to Jiyeon. “Kim Myungsoo…? Don’t tell me…”

Jiyeon searched for the mother’s detail but it was empty. “Where is her mother?”

The teacher bit her lips and wrote it down on a notepad instead. ‘She only has a father.’

Jiyeon widened her eyes and looked at the sleepy girl in her arms as she patted her back gently, luring her to sleep.

Jiyeon shook her head and pressed the father’s number into her phone before dialing it at once. But he only picked up at the third call.

“Hello?”

“Hello, is this Kim Myungsoo?”

“Yes. Who is this speaking?”

“Please come over to the childcare centre now. I have things to discuss with you about your daughter.” Jiyeon announced and ended the call at once before shifting over to the waiting area to settle herself down.

The teacher could only let her be.

Dabin soon fell asleep in her arms, finally feeling protected. Jiyeon stared at the little girl on her laps and brushed her hair out of her face gently, “Such a cutie.”

After about an hour of waiting, the door finally opened and in came a rushed Myungsoo. Jiyeon widened her eyes and looked at Myungsoo in surprise. “Myungsoo… oppa…?”

The guy was even more surprised than she was. “Ji… Jiyeon…?”

“Dabin is your daughter?”

With no other choices, Myungsoo nodded his head in defeat, “E-Eo…”

The little girl stirred awake in Jiyeon’s arms and rubbed her eyes cutely, “Unnie…”

“Hmm?”

“Appa isn’t here yet?”

Jiyeon smiled and placed Dabin down onto the floor, “Appa is here now.”

Dabin turned around only to let a grin out from her face, “APPA!”

Myungsoo couldn’t help but to smile at his cute daughter too, “Dabin-ah! Come over. Let appa give you a hug.”

Dabin obeyed and charged over to Myungsoo in a hurry. Within seconds, she was up in his arms safely. “Appa~”

“Hmm?”

“Unnie saved Dabin from the meanie ahjumma.”

“Meanie ahjumma?”

Jiyeon picked her stuff up and walked over to the duo, “Her nanny was beating her outside the mall just now.”

“AHJUMMA DID THAT?!”

“Yes, she did.” Jiyeon assured.

“Appa is sorry, Dabin-ah. Appa didn’t know ahjumma is bad.” Myungsoo felt guilt eating up his body at once, “My poor girl… How long has ahjumma did that to you?”

Dabin pouted sadly with her shoulders deflated, “Ever since ahjumma picked Dabin up from school.”

Myungsoo could only let out another sigh. “Appa is so sorry, Dabin-ah.”

Dabin giggled in the end as she shook her small head, “Dabin is safe because of unnie!” She turned around in Myungsoo’s arms and pointed to Jiyeon, “Dabin wants unnie!”

Jiyeon smiled and took Dabin over easily, “Dabin-ah~”

“Yes!”

“This cute angel. Do you want unnie to fetch you from school from tomorrow onwards?”

“YES! YES YES YES! DABIN WANTS UNNIE!”

“Wait, Jiyeon-ah. This-”

“Then it’s settled!” Jiyeon cooed before walking out of the centre, ignoring Myungsoo at once. “Dabin will walk with unnie while appa will get the things for us, right Dabin-ah?”

“YES YES YES!” The two girls giggled happily, leaving a dumbfounded Myungsoo behind.

“Mr. Kim.”

Myungsoo turned to the teacher at once. “Yes?”

“Child abuse is a huge offence. Please bring justice to your daughter and don’t let the ahjumma do the wrong things again.” The teacher advised as she handed the stuff Jiyeon left on the couch to him.

Myungsoo took it and stared into thin air blankly, thinking of what he just heard.

“APPA! QUICK! UNNIE WANTS TO BRING DABIN TO EAT ICE-CREAM!”

Myungsoo snapped out from his thoughts and ran over to their side, joining them at once. For the whole day, he followed them in disguise, making sure no one recognized him and did all he could do to make Dabin happy again.

Finally, night time arrived and they were back at Myungsoo’s apartment. Myungsoo placed the sleeping Dabin on her bed before returning to the living room to join Jiyeon on the couch. “I’m sorry for all these trouble, Jiyeon-ah. I didn’t mean to hide things from you. I-”

“I understand.” Jiyeon simply smiled sweetly. “You’re an idol and having a child won’t do you any good. It’s natural to hide her identity away from everyone else.”

“Jiyeon-ah…”

“It’s alright.” Jiyeon smiled sweetly yet again, showing him she really knew what he was thinking. “We’re not that close to share secrets yet too. I understand. I have secrets that I haven’t told you too.”

Myungsoo frowned with his heart aching at her words. He turned to her and moved closer to her, just to grab her hands in his. “I want to break that.”

That confused the girl, totally. “Huh?”

“I don’t know why but you attracted me. A lot, Jiyeon. A whole lot. I was so attracted to you at the airport when we first met. I don’t believe in love at first sight before but I do now. It’s totally true and it happened on me. I felt that. I couldn’t sleep without thinking about you ever since that day, Park Jiyeon.”

“Myungsoo… oppa…”

“Now that you even met Dabin, I find all of these so amusing. It’s really fated. It seems like fate to me. Dabin loves you and you love Dabin. My wish was granted, Jiyeon. I felt so happy right now. I want to be that someone who will know everything about you. And I want you to be that someone who will know everything about me.”

“O-Oppa…”

“I mean every word I said, Park Jiyeon. I like you. It may not be love now, but I’m attracted to you. Everything about you. I’m sure in no time, my feelings will grow and it will become love.”


Updated! =D