Two Halves Make a Whole

The Reunion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 2

Jung smiled at the motionless figure sitting before him; mouth slack with her chopsticks suspended mid air in front of it.
Taken back to the time when he visited her at school and they had lunch in the cafeteria, he amusedly noted how even after all this time she seemed to be exactly the same person he had fallen in love with.

"Are you feeling alright?", he asked, picking a grain of rice from her chin.

"Huh?!", Seol shook her head, finally emerging from the daze

Surely enough, she had changed with the passage of time, just like himself. This too, was an example of how the experiences of the past mature a person's mind.

She wasnt the exact same Seol he'd met in university, but an even better version of herself. Her hair was neater, Her words sounded wiser, her face had matured although he suspected that was because of the sadness she carried everyday deep inside her heart.

But at the same time her eyes were brighter,
Her smile sweeter & the way she held his gaze so darn adorable

And Jung finally realized, although the they may have once been different in their reactions to the situations life handed them; they were still the same person in so many ways.

Quick to assess, sensitive feelings, an innate drive to work and succeed, and a passion to live life as hard as one can.

In a nostalgically roundabout way, They were simply two halves of a whole.
Two complimentary personalities
On the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter