Hand Him Over

My Adopted Brother

Chapter 12// Hand Him Over

Myungsoo picked at his nails as he gazed over the letter that stood still on his mahogany desk, waiting to be opened. The name from the letter, Sohyon, scared him to his wits. 

He glanced at Sungjong, the poor babe was still sleeping peacefully. Myungsoo restrained himself from brushing his younger brother’s hair our of his eyes. 

He sliced open the letter with the thin knife, letting the sharp metal slice across the thick paper.

Myungsoo glanced across a few words and the paper fell. He had to tell mother and father about this. Sungjong was sick now and he wasn’t near ready to move on. 

Myungsoo slipped out of the room, the letter in hand, his hands shook wildly with force as he dialed the numbers in the home line phone that laid in the hallway. Dust had started to collect, for he barely ever had any contact with they people that supposedly raised him. 

The phone buzzed, the constant ringing sound stung his ears as he impatiently tapped his toes on the large Persian rug that seemed to be everywhere around the mansion.

“Hello? L? Is that you? How is Sung-”

“It’s me.”

“Good, love. Why are you calling us, did something happen?”

He could see his mother’s eyebrows crease together and her pearly white teeth gnaw on her plush lips.

“We got the letter.”

Mrs. Kim in a deep breath that could be heard through the phone. “I would love to come back now. Your father and I would love to.”

Myungsoo shook his head, his hands crumbling the paper up. His eyes started to water and his forehead lines became apparent to the world. “No!” he yelled, practically sobbing. “You need to come back! He needs you!”

Mrs. Kim sighed and let a lone tear slip down her eye. It stained the glass on her phone, the tear fell onto her perfectly pale hand and trickled down until it met the maroon colored fabric of the trench coat.

“Myungsoo. Please, darling. Be reasonable. You’re always with your brother, you know him much better than your father and I. Do understand, my son.”

Myungsoo forced his eyes shut, slowly opening the paper wad, letting droplets of salty water stain the paper and his lips. 

“I’m sorry, Mother; I was being a bit unreasonable.” He tightened his lips and them wet.

“Be careful.” was all she said as she hung up the phone and rubbed her eyes.

Myungsoo gently placed the phone down on its charging port.

He stared at the piece of paper and let a choked out sob escape his dry throat.

Sungjong was always a sweet young child, so innocent, so pure. He would always want to play outside in the sun, teasing his brother with small blue flowers that stuck to his sticky hands. 

The two brothers have always been close friends, that is until Myungsoo started to change. 

The Kim family has already known about Sungjong’s situation since they have adopted him at a young and ripe age, but Myungsoo took the realization of knowing Sungjong’s future and past a bit too harshly and his own behavior and mannerisms upon his younger brother have started to change, but it was for Sungjong’s own good.

Myungsoo stood there for a moment, reminiscing in the past before he slipped back into his room to check up on Sungjong. The boy had broken out into a sweat while Myungsoo was on the phone. 

Myungsoo lighting touched Sungjong’s damp forehead, brushing away the slick hair that clung on to the shiny platform. 

Sungjong let out a small whimper and moved away from the cool hand.

The discomfort started to get to Sungjong and he slowly sat up, leaning his head against the oak board and placing a thick and fluffy pillow on his lap. Sungjong nervously bit his lip and looked around the room. It was unfamiliar to him. He reached to his left, wanting to grab a book, like he had been set up for, but there was simply air until he hit something cool.

His vision started to become more clear. “Myungsoo hyung!” gasped the doll like creature in surprise, he placed his dainty hands over his ‘o’ shaped mouth, nervously backing away. 

“Sungjong,” whispered Myungsoo hoarsely, clutching onto Sungjong’s arm in desperation. “Please don’t forgive me for what I have done to you.”

Sungjong was gaping. What was Myungsoo even talking about.

He started to open his mouth but the door banged open.

“Hands off. Do not move.”

Authors Note// Do you know who interrupted their ‘moment’?

More drama and angst to come, let’s see what Myungsoo and his mother were talking about.

See you in the next chapter :3 I apoligize for teh short chapter, but a cliffhanger was needed heh