First Impressions (unfinished/abandoned)

Sugakookie Soulmate AUs (
Soulmate AU where instead of just a set of words inked somewhere on your body, the words are the first thoughts your soulmate has of you, good or bad. The words themselves eventually change because thoughts of people can change.
It's up to the soulmates how it goes.
☆ ★ W A R N I N G ☆ ★
Slight changes from... well, actual real events to fit the plot!
Korean Age is used! Which really ed me over as I was writing but I can't just ignore it @.@
Screwy timeline bc I gave up!
Screwy plot bc I leave out .
ty grammar and spelling ahead~

 

What a cute kid, amazingly talented too; Namjoon should snatch him up.

 

This is what he had received the moment he hit eleven.

This is what had given Jeon Jeongguk so much relief at the fact that he felt guilty. He and his soulmate would be a good match; he wouldn't be one of the matches where one person will fall into despair because their other half despises them with a cold, hateful passion. He can be happy whereas his hyung will not be. His hyung whose words are an ominous shade of black.

He traces his blue words curled around his right thigh.

Jeongguk, and whoever his soulmate may be, will have a Happily Ever After.

"I'm glad, soulmate, we can be happy together," he whispered while tears dripped down his eyelashes and plopped onto his words. "So, so, so very happy..."

And thus kick started his journey of wanting to be an idol; actually . . . anything even remotely close to what his one talent he takes pride in really.

 


 

He eventually stumbled onto BigHit Entertainment after that failed audition that --- while disappointing, it really hadn't felt right with him to begin with. He immediantly fell in love with the Namjoon mentioned in his Words passion for hiphop; now he just needs to find out who his soulmate is.

But he will meet his soulmate eventually. After all, he would know when they did, right? It's his soulmate!

 


 

He's just returned from his training in U.S. a couple of months ago when he became really close with the second oldest of the group, Min Yoongi, after a night where homesickness had taken its toll on him. He couldn't sleep so he ended up so he ended up getting up in the middle of the night to get a cup of water to see if it would help and bumped into Yoongi-hyung when he walked into the hallway.

"Jeongguk-ah? What are you doing up?" his hyung asked, voice deep and scratchy with sleep. "Did you take a shower yet?"

"Ah," he fumbled with his words, not wanting to seem childish, "I'm... getting some water... I'm sorry for bumping into you, M-Min-ssi."

"Hmm," Jeongguk flushed under the deep gaze of his elder, "Alright, let's get some water."

The twenty-one year old turned around while the teen sputtered for a moment before he followed him to the kitchen. By the time Jeongguk entered the kitchen, Yoongi had already turned the cold water on and was rummaged through the cupboard before taking out two glasses. Closing the cupboard, the older turned back around and upon seeing the teen, he wordlessly gestured for him to go take a seat in the diner room while he made himself busy with filling the glasses up with cold water. Sadly, their managers hadn't been able to purchase water bottles yet.

Nervous, Jeongguk placed himself at the large table in the dining room, the only light from the kitchen shone through and made it so he wasn't completely in the dark. He swallowed when the tap was turned off and heard soft footsteps walking towards the room he was told to go wait at.

He hoped he wasn't in trouble. Yoongi didn't usually scold him, mostly just stood up for him when teasings got a bit too much and told his (Jeongguk's, not Yoongi's) hyungs off by telling them watch their mouths and use their brains so they know when enough was enough. Not even Seokjin-hyung did that for him, believing that the teasing was harmless and didn't see how flustered the maknae got after a certain point. Not until after Yoongi had put a stop to it.

(He just may have a not-so secret hero worship of him for that.)

The clinking of the glasses of water being placed on the table brought him back to reality, making him flush for zoning out like that, and he bit his lip, hoping that Yoongi didn't notice.

His hyung didn't say anything, merely moving to take a seat infront of Jeongguk and take a sip of his water. Large eyes trailed down to a slender throat to see an adam apple move up before going back down.

It was silent for a couple of moments, the two of them just taking sips of water while watching each other, Jeongguk with a nervous curiousity, while the older had a searching, understanding one.

"So," the second oldest hyung of the group began after it became perfectly clear that the maknae would not strike up conversation first, "You feeling homesick, Jeongguk-ah?"

"A-ah," Jeongguk fumbled with his words once he got over the sheer shock of being called out on why he was up so late, "I... Min-ssi... it's not that---"

He was cut off.

"When we are alone, you are free to call me Yoongi, but with the others, just call me hyung like them."

"Y-Yoongi...?" Jeongguk stuttered, cheeks burning.

He was startled to see a gummy smile from his... hyung, "When we get to know each other more, feel free to call me whatever you wish, regardless of the others being around or not."

"B-But are you sure you want me to c-call you Yoongi? We... we aren't that close, after all..." Jeongguk struggled to speak without stuttering. He just felt so pleased, that he was engulfed in a warmth he doesn't quite understand.

"I'm sure," Yoongi nodded, confirming that, without a doubt, Jeongguk had been given permission to be so informal with him. "It's just... it feels wrong for you to address me so formally," Yoongi gave him a small, warm smile with a pointed stare.

The warmth danced underneath his skin, flesh, and bone. Jeongguk understood the implication of what his hyung had just said. Out of everyone, for whatever reason, he was the one that Yoongi felt comfortable with.

It would be safe to share things with this hyung without fear of being teased for feeling homesick. (Not that he ever really thought Yoongi would do such a thing, since he's so defensive of him when the others take it too far.)

He had to take a sip of a water to hydrate his throat, so he wouldn't miss the vocal practise tomorrow. Yoongi gave him an encouraging smile, taking another sip of his own glass.

"I..." He begun talking about how he been feeling lately, since their debut.

They stayed up, sitting in the dining room with only the light from the kitchen to see, talking with each other, until Jeongguk got sleepy and yawned while he was talking. Yoongi ended up having the younger in his room so he could rest the remaining hours of the early morning away while he worked on something on his personal laptop.

(In the morning, when the others woke up, they found the two of them curled up with each other comfortably, which had Jimin to fawning over the cute maknae. Jin and Namjoon ended up convincing the others to keep quiet about this, because Jin had a nagging feeling he knew what was happening between the daegu rapper and the maknae. He just wasn't a hundred percent certain.)

(Jeongguk rarely felt homesick after that, though if he felt like he would, he'd go to Yoongi-ah for that.)

 


 

Jeongguk eventually got more comfortable in his skin with the other members and got closer with them all, becoming the adorable, cheeky maknae they all begun to love and care for.

He ended up debuting with the group as JUNG KOOK, which is similar to his own name that he wouldn't forget it or end up ignoring a fan in the begining if they called him anything else, at the age seventeen, and his words had changed again.

Jeongguk-ah is so cute and talented. I bet he'll gain lots of fans.

It made him wonder if soulmate's Words had changed as well without them noticing.

(And he is so relieved that it's still blue.)

(They still have a chance to be happy together.)

 


 

Lately, he's been noticing just how much a certain hyung has a soft spot for him; letting him get away with stealing pieces of his food by just lightly slapping it but not saying anything when he does it again --- Jeongguk realizes that his hyung just wants him to ask before he takes anything.

(So he learned to ask before a meal if he felt more hungry than usual if his Yoongi-ah would share his plate with him; he gets rewarded with a heartsoaring gummy smile ever since along with the words, "Of course, Jeonggukkie. You're still growing.")

He even gets away with wearing his hyung's clothing, the excuse being that his own were all in the wash and he needed to wear something. And no one ever gets away with it, not even Jiminie-hyung, with the same excuse, and he generally gets his way.

 


 

Much like anyone else who gets spoiled far too much and gets away with it, Jeongguk got comfortable with it.

(He got comfortable with Yoongi.)

He had to deal with the aftermath of his thoughtless actions hurting of his hyungs; Yoongi set him straight not even thirty seconds after Jeongguk realized what he did.

("What has gotten into you? Why are you acting like such a spoiled brat at us for!")

Then they were onstage, waiting for an announcement.


Where he realized he was in the wrong; the fact that Jiminie-hyung wasn't trying to cheer him up was a hint for that. He tried awkwardly apologizing in his own way by tapping Taehyung's shoulder with the tip of his elbow. Jeongguk felt like dying when the only reaction he got was making Tae curl into himself.

(Yoongi-ah gave him a cold, dismissive look before shoving his elbow off of Taehyung's shoulder by wrapping his arms around them. Jeongguk felt like skinning himself alive to get out of his own skin; why was this so hard to do?!)

With a sinking feeling in his gut, the maknae of BTS turned and walked back towards Hoseok (whose attempt in getting him to cheer up was appreciated, hopefully he knew that, but it just ended up making him feel worse in the end.)

 


 

When they returned to their dorm, Jeongguk fell back into an old habit; taking a shower last and later on in the night when no one was still up, ate his dinner. He's glad that he did that because then no one would have to feel pity at the discovery of his new words.

Of all the things his words could have changed to, Jeongguk never expected to see his like this ever. Their colour had always been that light tone of blue, the good blue! Yet now it is...

What has gotten into him?


He never felt so devastated. Was his really acting up that badly lately that even his soulmate couldn't even stand him?

 


 

Eventually things soothed out between Tae and himself; which was a huge relief to everyone else.

His relationship with Yoongi-ah, however, had soured a little bit, and Jeongguk isn't sure why that is the case at all. Perhaps because he was still reeling from that scolding? Because Yoongi-ah is acting as if nothing had happened. Despite the fact that he knows that he honestly should feel grateful for that, because they could just sweep that incident under the rug and go back to their thing.

(He definitely can't explain to someone that he felt jilted that his Yoongi-ah defended Tae so... so... so heatedly? No, no, Yoongi does thing coldly. Never heatedly...)

His words had changed again, but they are still that... that colour.

Why is he acting so odd?

 


 

He didn't know it, because he was too concerned with trying to be that person that his soulmate used to him as again before he screwed up his Happily Ever After, that his fellow group members were getting increasingly concerned. Eventually they had to force him to fuss up what exactly he was doing, exhausting himself to the point of his body forced him into a sixteen hour nap to replenish itself with much needed rest after working too hard during practice.

They didn't like the fact that he only gave them all a vague and very brief explanation of his actions; that his soulmate no longer wanted him. Particularly Yoongi, he seemed pretty smiffed at that --- almost as if he couldn't believe his words, which stung more than he thought it would. (Not that he said anything to it; he has to grow up one day, may as well be sooner rather than later.)

The fact that he didn't say anything more on the matter didn't help them at all as they felt like they needed to know the entire story in order to properly help him sort out his problems. Not to mention they wished he had spoken about it to them at the very least rather than them forcing it out of him.

Was the fact that it has almost been two years since they debuted with each other not good enough reason to trust them with any and all problems that he may have?

And that was actually what the 97-line needed to see that he was going about his soulmate problem the wrong way.

He ended up thanking his hyungs and apologizing while sobbing his heart out grossly to get rid of all the excessive weight he had been bottling up inside of him for too long.

(Seokjin ended up having to have a talk with Jeongguk about his soulmate problem later on that night, just between the two of them, about how you don't live for the adoration and love of your soulmate; that's just going to make the relationship turn toxic in the end.)

(What you need for a healthy relationship is a mutual respect and understanding of each others triggers; of personal space that you should know when to give your other half.)

(Especially your soulmate; don't ever try to change who you are just for your soulmate or try to control who they are.)

 


 

Gradually, Jeongguk was able to reconnect with his most favourite hyung; Min Yoongi, aka SUGA, the silent caretaker of BTS. And it was something that he could focus on instead of his ever-changing (but still that ugly shade of blue) Words.

They were able to go out and eat together.

(They had recently went out for lamb-skewers; it's something he wouldn't have traded for anything in the world. He even doubts the possiblity of having the pretty, pale blue back would be something he'd exchange it for.)

He really needs to thank someone for continuing with the sugakookie
into their promotions and in their music videos story line. (He just so happened to Google the out of them and happened to stumble upon fanfics and fanart that involves them; and he happens to really enjoy this ship name if he had to be really obvious.)

(Some of the theories they come up with are actually pretty interesting though; like, really interesting.)

(Oh, and he also getting better with expressing himself; no longer does he feel like he shouldn't curl in himself from the psyhical and emotional affections his hyungs shower him with. No longer does he feel like he should keep himself at a distance with the others just because they weren't his soulmate.)

 


 

Jeongguk is currently spending his free time on his personal twitter account checking out one of his favourite fan accounts, snorting quietly to himself when while he reads the tweets filled with nonsense and tears of joy directed at the main focus of the fan account.

Sugakookie's World (@sugakookielove) is such a great source of moments he's never noticed between him and his Yoongi, doesn't even matter if he can't understand like 60% of the commentary.

(He's glad no one is in the dorm with him other than his Yoongi-ah, he's quite sure Taehyung would have swiped his phone from his rather lethargic fingers at that moment of weakness.)