You & Me

Young Hearts

It’s past midnight and Jaehyun is running. Well… not exactly running because his ankle is hurting a lot. [Maybe he has sprained it.]

It’s past midnight and Jaehyun is walking fast. The streets are empty and cold and make him feel a little lonely. He keeps walking for a long time; the blood keeps running down from the cut in his forehead and he feels pain through his whole body.

At first he doesn’t know where he is heading to, but after a few seconds Jaehyun realize that he is going to Taeyong’s parent’s house. But Taeyong does not live there anymore. [He moved out months ago.]

But he knows that he’s not going there for Taeyong. He goes for Mark. He always goes for Mark.

Mark is Taeyong’s younger brother. Taeyong is Jaehyun’s best friend. Mark is only 16 and Jaehyun is almost 20. He knows Mark since always and maybe it’s that because he is going there.

But if was that the reason, he could easily go to Taeyong or Doyoung’s house. So he knows that’s not the reason. He’s just lying to himself.

Because it’s wrong.

 

 

***

 

 

Jaehyun has only five when he first met Taeyong. Mark hasn’t made one yet.

They family had just moved to the house next to him. Jaehyun’s first impression of Taeyong is that he’s a bad person, because he is always with a closed face and that’s scare him.

But one day a couple of bullies in the playground was making fun of him and the only and one Lee Taeyong was there watching. Right next Taeyong is in front of Jaehyun, fighting the bullies.

After that Taeyong was always there, protecting Jaehyun. And Jaehyun is always smiling because he has “the best hyung”.

Jaehyun meets Mark on his birthday. The little boy is a ball of dark hair, shining eyes and adorable smiles. And he seems amazed by Jaehyun as much as Jaehyun is amazed by him. Mark is the cutest kid he ever met.

Mark is learning to talk, so he is always talking. So Jaehyun, with Taeyong, is always talking with him. He had difficulties to pronounce Taeyong’s name so he is always calling him “TY”. He also can’t pronounce Jaehyun’s real name, Yoonoh, even when Jaehyun spends an entire day teaching him.

Mark decides to call him Jaehyun. Taeyong’s try to teach him that he can’t rename someone, but Mark is too young and don’t understand. And Jaehyun thinks cute when Mark calls him by “Jaehyun hyung!” [With that cute child voice] so he lets Mark calls him Jaehyun.

And since then Jaehyun is Jaehyun.

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

The rain that had started minutes ago is getting stronger and stronger just like the sound of thunders. He is now climbing the wall to get in the first floor. But, what will he do after that? He can’t just get there all injured.

Jaehyun is lost.

It’s all began months ago when his father passed away. At first it was ok, but then he started to freak out. He couldn’t stand to be in his own room [own house]. He felt claustrophobic as if he were drowning in his own feelings.

***

So he started to go out at night. At first he just walks around to breathe fresh air. Day by day he lies to his family and friends saying that he is ok, and night by night he crumble and starts to cry.

In one night he meets Sehun. And Sehun introduces him to his friends, eight friends. Gang, they’re a gang. The type of gang who go outs at night and drinks and smoke and steal. Jaehyun starts hang out with them but he never do something wrong. [He tried one cigarette, didn’t end well].

One night Sehun and his friends try to steal a convenience store. Its fail because they don’t expect the owner be there. Nor do they expect him to be armed.

Sehun and one of his friends, the one named Kai, try to stop the man; they are exchanging punches while others take the money.

The man fires the first shot. And all the boys start to running while more shots are fired. One of the shots passes grazed Jaehyun’s right arm.

He freak out and starts to running faster and faster, ignoring the pain. He ends up losing the others, but keeps running because he can hear sounds of gunfire approaching.

Jaehyun runs till he is there in Taeyong’s window.

But who opens the window is not TY, ‘cause he moved out a days ago, it’s Mark. Mark with pajamas and a sleepy face, a really cute sleepy face, which becomes astonishment face when he realizes that Jaehyun’s is bleeding.

“Jae!” it’s how Mark calls Jaehyun. Nothing formal like ‘hyung’ but he is ok with that. “What happened to you?”

Mark is the first to know about what Jaehyun does at night because Jaehyun can’t lie. Not to Mark. So he tells everything, even about the pain he feels [cause it’s hurting a lot like his heart could stop or explode].

Mark who knew that Jaehyun was lying saying that he was fine, ‘cause he knows Jae too well, just stand there listening and watching him crying.

“Wait here hyung” He says simply and leaves the room.

Jaehyun cowers in a corner near the bed, sobbing, waiting Mark return. He knows that leaves now are a better option but he can’t. He doesn’t want to.

Mark comes back with a first aid kit and orders him to sit on the bed. He obeys without saying anything. Mark takes care of the wound on his arm, slowly and carefully as if it were the most fragile thing in the moment. [And maybe he is].

“All right, I finished hyung” Mark says some time later.

“Thanks…” he says quickly. “I should get going now. Sorry to appear out of nowhere”

“It’s all fine. Get well soon, Jae”.

“I will. Thanks”.

And he leaves. 

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

  • So... this was supposed to be a one shot but I walk with a certain look to continue the story, so I decided that now will be a two shot. I already know how it's gonna end and i'm already writing the second part but I don't know when I'll post it... so wait for it :).
  • This firts part actually is boring sorry!