1/1

Lingering Shadow

also,excuse me for many typos and halway finished words but my computer isnt working well and ill fix those later

thank you

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol was obsessed with beauty,with perfection.

He liked anything that was nice to look at.

Ane he would never miss the chance to snap that beautiful moment,person or thing on his camera.

He would wake up in the middle of the night,ditch class in the middle of lecture,stop halfaway through his meal,take the camera safely resting on his chest,it's starp resting on tall male's neck.

 

Chanyeol believed that the world lacked on beauty. He believes that there's no such a thing for many today.

He often finds himself wandering around the almost empty streets of Seoul,in the middle of the night,searching for stars on earth,the sun on water and the moon under shadows.

He'd always return do his dorm disappointed and too upset to respond to hi's roommate's question of where he was at this time of the night,until he was used to Chanyeol's antics and wouldn't even bother anymore.

 

Tonight.

Chanyeol considers tonight a miracle.

There,against the glass door of Baskin Robbins' leaned a petite boy and Chanyeol swore he was shining. Maybe it was the white clothes,the white knitted sweater that seemed to big on him and an odd choice of clothing for a warm July night,and the the same colored pants and if Chanyeol looked closer,if Chanyeol wasn't so mesmerized,he would've noticed that the boy's clothes were ripped in a non-fashionable way,he would've noticed red across the boy's torso.

But he didn't.

He choose to focus on how well the moonlight fell on the boy's face,pale skin becoming whiter and dark bangs shadowing over his eyes.

 

Chanyeol smiled.

He finally found his walking star on the sarkness of the street.

And he needed to save his moment forever.

His hands instantly flew up to his chest but he didn't feel his camera there. He looked down just to confirm and the sighed. He had left it home,not expecting on finding anything,just like the other nights.

The phographer shrugged and decided to burn the memory,that beautiful face on his mind instead. But when he looked up,the was met with owner of the shop,caling it a night and going home,instead.

Chanyeol furrowed his eyebrows. He was there just s few seconds ago, the boy throught. He sighed once again and turned his heel to go back to the dorms.

 

 

 

 

The next night,Chanyeol was exited to see the boy again. He had prepared his cemra and was grinning ear to ear,which many people,including his friends which called him the Happy Virus were surprised. To say that the was Chanyeol was acting was creepy would be understimating.

And when the asked him about it,he ran his hand through his red hair and waved them off,telling them it was nothing.

At ten minutes to midnight,the was already flying out of the building,holding his camera tight on his heart and ready to snap the unknown boy's beauty for forever.

 

At 00:00 he thought the boy would already be there.

At 00:30 the convinced himself that the boy was on his way.

At 01:00 he refused to believe that the boy wasn't there.

At 02:00 he decided to accept his fate and went back home disappointed

He tried to sneak in,but today luck wasn't on his side and was met by his roommate's face first thing first when he opened the dorm room's door.

"What are you doing out this late?"

"None of your business,noddle head. Go to sleep." Chanyeol sighed and rubbed his eyes sleepily,ready to fall dead asleep on the crappy dorm beds that seemed so inviting right now.

But he didn't.

"What now?" he groaned at the older boy's cheshire cat-like grin. "I'm too tired for your bull right now,Jongdae."

"You were looking for that boy,weren't you." It wasn't a question but that's not what surprised the redhead.

"How did you-"

"I have my ways." Jongdae said,leaning against the wall with a -eating grin that Chanyeol wanted to slap off of his face.

"But I didn't tell anyone."

"Then I suggest you to stop thinking outloud." The older yawned. "You were lucky Chanyeolie!" he smiled cutely."Fortunately it wasn't monday or you'd be screwed. There are words that there's a ghost wandering around here. Apparently a boy was killed and he still appears to seek revenge." Jongdae shrugged. "Goodnight,Yoda."

"Yah! Don't call me that,ramed head."

But Jongdae only laughed and crashed on the bed,falling asleep instantly.

 

That night,Chanyeol dreamed of the boy. He saw him smiling and playing around with little kids,laughing,his face morphing so beautifully,eyes turning into pretty crescents and his lips tugging into a beautiful rectangle shape. And his voice,riinging rich and melodic as a faint of wind on Chanyeol's ears.

Chanyeol woke up happy the next morning.

During the day,Chanyeol daydreamed about the boy. What if Chanyeol walked up and talked to him? Would they become friends? What if he was student here?

The tall male ran his hand through his hair and sighed at how the boy refused to leave his head.

 

 

 

That night he went to the same place again only to return disappointed again.

That continued for days. He'd go and hide behind a fast food restaurant,peek at the ice cream shop,wait for the boys,but he always ended up awkwardly waving and Mr. Kim who would give him weird looks.

 

 

 

 

On monday Chanyeol gave up. It had been exactly one week since he last saw the boy and was left withought any sign of him anymore.

"What's the long face for?" Kyungsoo asked him,feeding Jongin the kimchi he had made for him.

"Nothing." Chanyeol mumbled and sang lover on his seat.

"Well something is definitely up. You've been sulking like a kicked puppy the whole morning."

"He just needs to get some and will be fine." Jongin attemted to say through a mouthful of food which made Kyungsoo scold him not forgetting to smack the back of the boy's head. Jongin pouted and Kyungsoo sighed,giving in.

"Seriously,Chanyeol. What's wrong? I heaven't seen you like this since you had to seperate from your parents for college two years ago."

"I'll tell you what's wrong." Chanyeol groaned and Jongdae;s chirpy voice and banged his head against the table.

"He hasn't seen his lover boy in days." 

Both,Jongin and Kyungsoo choked.

Kimchi hanging on Jongin's open mouth while Kyungsoo's eyes had gone two sizes wider as he spurted out the water he was mid-way drinking all over Chanyeol.

Chanyeol groaned and wiped away the liquid with a napkin,hoping that his friend's would drop the conversation.

"LOVER BOY?" both of them exclaimed and Chanyeol wanting the ground to swallow him whole.

"Thanks for telling the whole world." he mumbled.

"You're welcome!" Jongin smiled cutely,earning himself yet another smack at the back of the head.

"So what's this over boy thing?" Kyungsoo asked after clearing his throat and apologizing to the older.

"It's nothing." Chanyeol mumbled.

"What do you mean it's nothing?!" Jongdae gasped dramatically,catching the duos and a few others people attention.

Chanyeol groaned.

"If it's nothing why would you keep sneaking out in the middle of the night just to see him and then pouting like a little baby when he doesn't show up?"

"Hey! I do not pout!"

"Yes you do." Jongdae argued. 'And you keep saying how beautiful he is. How mesmerizing he look with the moonlight shining upoon him. How beautifully his black hair fall over his eyes. How pretty and red his lip look. How-"

"I never said those things!"

Jongdae smirked.

"True."

"Then-"

"I already told you that you shouldn't think outloud."

Chanyeol whined and in that moment the bell rang.

"I'm gonna go and avoid you three for the rest of my life." Chanyeol sighed getting up and gathering his stuff for the nest lecture andslowly making his way out.

"What did we do?!" Jongin exclaimed,pouting cutely.

This time it earned him a pinch on the cheek by Kyungsoo.

 

 

 

 

 

At 11p.m. Chanyeol found himself rolling around his bed,sleep never even came around.

He sighed and kicked the covers off of his body and got up.

"Where are you going?"

"Just go the to sleep,Jongdae! I'm going for a walk."

Chanyeol sighed once again and jogged out of the dorm,unaware of Jongdae's evil grin that he left behind.

He didn't care where he was going,hands tucked on his hoodie pocket and a faint frown on his face visible.

He walked down the familiar road he had visited every night for the past week and his heart stopped a beat when he saw the reason why he had done so.

He cursed himself for not bringing his camera with him and quickly hid behind a trashcan to look at the boy.

Just as beautiful as I remember,Chanyeol thought and felt his heart quicken it's pace.

The boy was looking around,pretty eyes scanning the area,and if Chanyeol would've looked closey,he would've seen the liquid falling from the brown orbs.

But Chanyeol was to blinded by the beauty to niotice.

He decided to stay there and look at the boy.

He observed every little thing the petite male. He observed the petite male. His eys roamed around his face,the cute chubby cheeks,droppy puppy-like eyes,the cute button nose,the pouty pink lips that he wanted to get a taste of.

Wait what?!

Chanyeol shook his head.

I must be going mad,he thought.

Half and hour later and Chanyeol was sure he was in love.

He let out a dreamy sigh,his chin almost sliding off of his palm,he closed his eyes.

The boy had started singing a few moments ago and Chanyeol's heart flew out of his chest. Now he wanted to record the boy instead of photographing his face. He wanted to also save that angelic voice to match the equally beautiful face.

But he didn't have his camera nor his phone with him cause he's an idiot.

He sighed and got up,ready to go home.

One more glance,the said to himself and turned around to take another peek at the beautiful boy,onlu to be greeted by emptiness.

Strange.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Much to Chanyeol's displeasure,the week went on a bit too slow. Now that he knows he'll find the boy there on monday,he was ready. He had planned everything the night that he returned,trying not to disturp Jongdae who he assumed was asleep,but who knows? 

At the last class of friday,Chanyeol sprinted to his room do finish his work for the next day to keep himself busy. He was exited. He's finally going to get the pictures.

Finally!

Chanyeol being happy is normal,Chanyeol being weird is normal,but Chanyeol was being weirdly happy and that worried his group of friends,espically Kyungsoo who had insited on going to the doctor.

Chanyeol just laughed it off and said he was fine.

Kyungsoo got even more worried.

On sunday,he called up his friends for lunch.

Kyungsoo is definitely worried.

Finally monday came around and Chanyeol hadn't even blinked his eyes all night,resulting on him looking like he's sick.

This time Kyungsoo dragged him to the doctor.

That day Chanyeol had the most classes,which for once,he was glad for. 

Through all this time the boy running through his mind,making him smile out of nowhere and many fantasies playing on his head.

Kyungsoo officially declared him insane.

"Okay,something is seriously wrong with you." Kyungsoo exclaimed on their way back to the dorm.

"There's nothing wrong with me." Chanyeol grinned. "I'm just happy."

"Why are you so happy for? Especially on a monday. You hate mondays. You always complain about how many glasses you've got."

"Well I guess I've changed my mind." he grinned sheepishly.

Kyungsoo lost it.

"Relax,Soo. He get's to see his lover boy today. That's why he's so hyped up.'" Jongdae said,appearing out of nowhere.

"How did you-"

"You seriously should stop thinking outloud."

Chanyeol's cheeks tinted a pretty pink and that resulted on him getting teased by Jongdae until...

"AHH KYUNGSOO HYUNG SHE'S TRYING TO EAT MY !"

Kyungsoo sighed and patted the tanned boy's head and turned his focus back to Chanyeol who was slowy trying to walk away without being noticed.

"Get yo back right here,Park Chanyeol. I am not done with you."

"Yes,ma'am!"

Kyungsoo glared.

"I mean sir! Yes sir!" 

After seeing Kyungsoo's pleased smile,he gave one of his own,happy that his life was spared.

"So what's the whole lover boy thing?"

Chanyeol blushed again. He blamed the cold.

It's not the cold you idiot! It's burning outside! his inner voice yelled but shrugged it off and turned to Kyungsoo.

"It's nothing." He waved his hand. "It's just this boy I saw and I want to photgraph him"

"Chanyeol are you sure it's only that? You haven't developed feelings for some stranger have you?"

 

Have I?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

OH ING YES I HAVE!

 

"Chanyeol-"

"Yes?" the taller says,before Kyungsoo had even finished the whole sentence.

He opens his mouth to say something but decides against it as he might hurt the older.

"Good luck." he pats his back and leaves.

 

On the other hand,Chanyeol was close to having a heart attack.

How did I let my heart slip between my fingers like that? For someone I don't know? For a beautiful face? For a beautiful voice? Is he worth it?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

When it's nearing midnight,Chanyeol leaves the dorm,with a hammering heart and the urge to punch Jongdae's smug face with a brick.

Instead of running,like he had originally planned to,he took slow and steady steps.

Nothing went by the plan,anyway.

I fell for a stranger and I don't even know his name.

Chanyeol pouted.

He was nearing his desired destination,hands clutching the camera tight to his chest,in hopes of calming down his beating heart.

No use.

Once there,his heart completely stops beating and the sight of what once made his heart go crazy.

He wasted no time. He picked up the camera,angled it and quickly snapped the long longed pictures,trying to capture every little beautiful detail of a masterpiece on a human form.

The boy slowly slid down the wall.

Snap!

He sat down,his legs crossed.

Snap!

Snap!

Snap!

Snap!

Chanyeol put the camera down and slightly frowed.

He looks sad. Maybe I should-withought any other word,he made the first step towards the boy. Only for him to arbuptly stand up,in time to catch Chanyeol walking towards him.

The tall male froze in stop as the beautiful boy that ha occupied his mind for weeks slowly turned around so he was facing him.

Gulp!

He smiled.

He smiled so beautifully,stunnigier than any of Chanyeol's dreams. Better than any of his fantasies.

And he had to capture this moment.

And he did.

He picked up his camera and quickly took a few shots of the boy's beautiful smiling face before the angel slowly turned around again and slowly walked away,disappearing through the fog,which if Chanyeol wasn't so mesmerized,he would've noticed that the weather was to clear for that haziness.

But he was mesmerized.

Cause if he wasn't,he'd also notice,pretty red decorating the dark asphalt.

 

He goes back home,almost blindly. Crashing on his bed and drifting to sleep as soon as his head hits the pillow.

He met the beautiful boy in his dreams again.

His smile was replaced with salty tears and his beautiful song with pained screams.

 

 

Chanyeol woke up grumpy that day and feeing like a truck ran over him. As if things weren't bad enough already he realise he was late and quickly gathered his stuff and ran to his first class,making a mental note to check the pictures after class.

As the profesor spoke,the boy's cries echoed on Chanyeol's mind. He felt a wave of nausea hit him,something gripping the bottom of his stomach.

He felt as if something was wrong.

But what could it be?

As soon as it started,the class ended yet Chanyeol refused to check the pictures.

But he had to.

He wasn't obliged,but he had to.

 

The redhead let out a sharp breath and turned the decive on. His heart started beating fast,his tummy was doing weird flips and his hands were shaking when he saw what he worked on last night.

While last night the boy was leaning against the wall.

On the pictures,he's not.

Last night he was sitting down.

But on the picture he's not.

Last night he smiled.

On the pictures he's not.

He's not present at all.

As if he was there.

And that it hit all together and it was too much to comprehend.

His camera slipped off of his hands.

He stood there for a few moments,poeple by him passing blurrily,not sparing him a glance.

But he didn't care.

He picked up the pieces of the broken device,slowly. 

But he left the scattered pieces of his heart lay around.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

sooooooooo how is it

yea it probably

thanks for stopping by

bye