Here the 'flying' story

My 'Flying' Girl

                "Keito-kun, where are you going?" asks the girl happily but no response from that guy as he just continues walking at the streets.

                That girl stops in front of him and says, "Don't ignore me!"

                Keito just walk through her before mumble in low voice, "There is no way I would talk openly with you since you're a ghost. Only I could see you right now."

                "That's rude! I'm not a ghost but just a soul that leave the body! My real body still lay on the bed in the hospital! I even remember everything about myself!" scold that girl. After she's bored to get ignore by him, she happily fly above his head while singing, "You better keep your poker face or people will think you're insane~!"

                Keito tries really hard to hold himself not to lose patient over that girl as he already promise to bring her back to her body but that girl never reveal anything to him other than her name. It’s just a luck that he already used with her presence after she suddenly appears in front of him. He walks to hidden place before whispers, "Karina, we already promise that you won't make anything weird since it just too hard to ignore it."

                "Keito-kun is a great idol deshou~! Something like this~~," She begin spinning around on air and even pass through some people’s body before continue, "Is not something too hard for you."

                Keito could only let that girl does whatever she wants as he knows she won't do anything weird. Usually, that girl will offer herself to stay home to play with his pet dog when he goes out. He totally can't understand how that girl chooses to stay as ghost rather than live as normal human.

*****************

                It takes few minutes before Ryosuke arrive at the table and says, “Gomen for late. I need to send Rin-chan to hospital first.”

                Keito notices Karina’s face surprise to see his friend but quickly change back to her happy self that flying in and out from the café. He asks, “Which friend of her get into hospital?”

                “Her best friend, Karina and I heard she got involved in bizarre accident where she barely safe from that.” says Ryosuke.

                Keito tries to remember which friend of his best friend’s lover is since Rin and he quite close as live near to each other. When he tries to say something, he notices Karina stop just beside Ryosuke and blow that make that guy shiver. He asks, “What happen?”

                “I suddenly get chill… maybe it just some ghost blow to me but that may just my imagination.” Say Ryosuke before he takes sips from his glass.

                Karina chuckles with his reaction, “Hehehe! He’s really easy to get scared on things like this. That never change even he already grow up.”

                “About that Karina girl, you know more about her?” ask Keito since he could see how Karina has some connection with Ryosuke.

                Ryosuke surprise to hear that question from his best friend’s mouth but manage to give reply, “She is just a normal clumsy girl that never failed to create ruckus but everyone know she just too lonely. Rin-chan totally loves her as she is just like a sister to her and she helps us to cover up our relationship.”

                “And how she could get into accident?” ask Keito.

                “She’s on the way to visit her dad’s grave when a drunk driver hit her. She’s in comatose because of emotional reason. Rin-chan always visits her to talk as doctor said that would wake her up.” Ryosuke explains everything and Keito could see Karina’s face become sad that make he wonders why.

*********************

                “Why you don’t want to return back to your body and get normal life back?” ask Keito when both of them on the way back.

                “My life isn’t like yours; you’re free to decide what you want to do while I have to follow everyone’s order. I have to forget my own dream and at the end, I gain nothing.” Say Karina, sadly. She doesn’t want to get more question and says, “Careful on the way back ne~, since I will fly straight to home first. I can’t let Pablo alone at home.”

                Keito tries to grab her hand but it’s like grabbing wind. He takes out his phone to make call to someone, “Yama-chan, I have some plan…”

                He reaches home to see that girl already fall asleep with his pet that makes him smile. He could see how carefree that girl is and somehow he feel relieve that girl won’t feel cold with current condition. He knows he will get information about that girl as she always avoiding when he try to ask about her.

*************

                “Ryo-kun, Keiti also here but why?” ask Rin who clearly surprise that make her stand up from the chair. Her face really shows she hasn’t get enough sleep and stays at side of the hospital bed.

                Ryosuke calmly explain, “Keito just want to check on Karina and I’m thinking maybe he can help you to wake her up.”

                “That would be impossible. I’m sure she would be more comfortable to be in this state. Her life has been suffered too much.” Say Rin in sad tone.

                Karina slowly drop her tears while saying, “Gomen, Rin-chan. I’m scared; too scared…”

                “I’m sure she could hear your voice but her just too scary.” Say Keito.

                Rin manages to smile when hear that, “Somehow, I feel relieve if she could hear me and I know she still scared but I want her to understand that I will always at her side. That is our promise.” She gently takes hold of Karina’s hand.

                “How about Yama-chan take you out for lunch while I will look after her?” ask Keito. He even adds, “You should get more rest as you already look like a panda right now.”

                Rin touch her face and scold, “You really cruel!”

                “What are you saying? Even she look like panda, she still my cutie Rin-chan.” Say Ryosuke.

                Rin turn to him and says, “That doesn’t help me at all.”

                Keito could see Karina smiles to watch them but her eyes has hint of jealousy. He can only ask when the couple leaves the room, “You like Yama-chan?”

                “It’s not like that since Ryosuke and I will only be friend. I just think what my life is if I have someone that willing to stay with me.” Say Karina.

                “You have date someone before?” ask Keito.

                Karina proudly says, “I had date 3 foreign guy before…” her face become sad when mention, “…but all of it only stay for short time because they said I never act like I really love them. It just I don’t know how to express it. I had been growing up with boys that make most of them think me as one of them.”

                “If that guy really like you, he will accept the way you are.” says Keito.

                Karina quickly wave her finger in front of his face, “You’re immature in that matter. People really fast when make speculation on what on the surface. In my case, that is normal thing when you get dumped since they don’t try to break my wall.”

                “Wow, for some reason, you really sound like an adult.” Say Keito

                “Are you trying to say that I’m a kid?” Karina really annoys to hear that.

                Keito casually says, “You never show any mature side when with me.”

                “I’m just being myself as I already bored to act as someone else. I have been doing it ever since kids.” Say Karina as she spins around the room that sometimes passes through walls and ceiling.

**********************

                Keito really surprise to see Hikaru walking into the room. That guy asks him, “Why you’re here?”

                “Oh! I just helping Yama-chan and Rin-chan take care of Karina since they need rest and I just happen have free time today. What about you?” Keito curious about that guy’s there.

                Hikaru place a flower bouquet on the table before says, “Her brother is my brother’s friend and I heard from him that she get into hospital. That’s why I come here to visit her since her family is not around for time being.”

                “You know about her family?” Keito want to know more information but concern when notice Karina sadly flies out from the room.

                Hikaru could only explain, “Her family is not something that you want to know or you will look her in bad way.”

                Keito excuses himself after the couple return back to the room and try to search for Karina who never comes back to the room. He can’t find her along the way back home and begin worry about that girl as he could see her face really sad; something that he never seen before. He mutters, “She hides something from me?”

*******************

                Ever since that day, he never meet Karina anymore as that girl never come back anymore.  He could see how his pet, Pablo really lonely and even ignoring him. He wants to visit that girl’s body but he has to put that on-hold because some kind of rumours happens within the jimusho that every talent has to be careful.

                He ask Ryosuke and the reply that he gets, “I don’t know what happen to her since I also can’t contact Rin-chan. Manager-san already warning me if this matter leak out, it will be huge trouble.”

                Keito leans against on the couch and whine, “I really want to know how is her condition since I couldn’t know see her spirit anymore. She even used to annoy me every day.”

                Ryosuke really surprise to hear that and asks, “Why you say something like that?” He seems realize something and after Keito explain everything, he says, “Even as a ghost, she still likes to prank me.”

                “What are both of you talking? I heard a girl’s name just now.” Yuto suddenly -in their conversation. They just make some excuse about a movie that happens to have character with that name. They couldn’t let anyone else know about that girl or it may cause suspicious.

**********************

                It is a long day for Keito and when he reach home, he wonder why would district send him a letter but then, surprise when it is actually letter from Karina. He read the letter in curious feeling after he takes his seat.

'Yo! You must be surprise to get this letter, right? Gomen ne since I can't send normal letter to you for both of us sake. We both know that you're an idol while I'm daughter of someone that constantly in danger or that what I thought about my dad since I never seen him in completely peace so far.

If you're wondering when I return my body, it happen after the last time we meet. I feel like I just wake up from long sleep but those memories told them that it is not a dream but a reality... I could say it is a pleasant one.

I want to thank you for everything that you let me experience these past few days. I never think I would feel really alive when I always think about death. My days always fill with something that never let me to have fun. The most moment that I like is get to flying as that is my dream ever kids. That memories totally make me feel what is mean by freedom and I want it happen again.

It seems I only talk about nonsense things here. *giggle* Good luck for your work because I will always support you. From Karina, no-longer wondering soul.’

********************

                Few days later, Hikaru sends to mail Keito and Ryosuke to ask, “Both of you want to join me after this? I have a place to make stop and think it would be nice if two of you join me.” Those guys want to decline it but when they know, “It is about Karina-chan…” they agree with the plan

                They walk into a food shop and Hikaru happily says, “Gomen ne, for making you come here even you just get discharge from hospital.”

                “It’s okay since I get my chance to go out and Rin-chan couldn’t hold me in my home.” Say Karina weakly. It seem she still on wheelchair and her face really pale that make people wonder it is okay for her to go out.

                Rin say in a bit angry tone, “You still weak to go out and you should focus on rehab first.”

                Keito really surprise to see Karina is not flying ghost anymore but in her real body, even her face still pale. He hears Rin says, “If those people know about this, they will forbidden you to leave the house anymore and that will be totally .”

                “We can just put that matter aside and enjoy this moment. I really miss eating delicious food since they only served me bland food.” Say Karina happily.

                They take their seats at the table and celebrate the special day. Keito couldn’t really talk to her since everyone keep distract them and doesn’t get the chance. He really wants to know what happen after that hospital visit.

                When they are done, Karina has to wait for car to arrive and Keito get his chance to asks, “What happen after that?”

                “It seem that my soul being into my body that instant but I could only open my eyes few days after that. Honestly, it feel weird to everything happen before this really clear.” Say Karina.

                Both of them have a talk about random things until the car arrive. Rin helps her to get into the car and say something to Keito after close the door, “Thanks for helping us. She really needs to interact with more people in her life but she’s just too afraid of failure.”

                “I only do what I can do for now and I intend to do more in future.” Say Keito.

                Ever since that day, Karina and Keito could only depend on communication device to talk or just to kill time. She’s still in rehab to gain back her strength to move around without any aids and it will take a while. For sure, both of them prefer to stay as friends for the time being since it would face a lot of challenge and they have a lot of time to enjoy it.