Chapter Fourteen

Where do we go from here?
While the pair was diligently working on the song, it had been a couple hours now. Hoody's stomach began to growl indicating that she was getting hungry. Embarrassed by how loud her stomach was growling, she quickly crossed her arms over it.  Gray chuckled upon hearing the noise and then suggested they take a little break. Hoody nodded in agreement as she blushed a little.

"We probably should get some lunch, right?" Gray asked as he checked the time on his phone. 

"Well, I saw a nearby convenience store so I can get us ramen or sandwiches," Hoody mentioned, though still embarrassed by her growling tummy.

“Sure, that's sounds good. I'll come with you," Gray said as they stood up and got ready to leave.

After Jessi's flight safely landed at the Incheon airport, Jessi was in the car heading to the apartment. On her way home, Jessi texted HyunJung that she would be back and couldn't wait to see her so that they can catch up. HyunJung replied back excitedly then mentioned that today was her first day at AOMG. A few seconds later, Jessi texted back saying that they should celebrate by going out to dinner.  The two best friends agreed on the plan before ending their conversation.

After Hoody sent her last text, her and Gray started making their way out of the building. Before leaving, Gray's manager came and handed him an envelope with a fancy design on it. Gray tucked away the envelope in his jacket pocket and then the pair left. It didn't take long for them to get to the convenience store. When they got their lunch, they decided to sit at the empty table that was outside the store. 

"Um...so what do you think of your first day so far?" Gray asked Hoody to try and break the awkward silence.

"I think it's going really well and it seems like it's always chill,” Hoody answered the question honestly before taking another bite of her sandwhich.  Gray nodded his head, being satisfied with her answer.

"That's good. Well, if you have any problems or questions you can always ask me and the guys... or Jay and Simon hyung," Gray said as he gave her a warm smile. 

Hoody smiled back and thanked him, feeling a little bit more at ease. In the back of her mind, her mind started to wander to the envelope that Gray's manager gave him. She wanted to ask about it but decided not to.

When they were finished eating, they started heading back to the AOMG office. As they were walking back, they got to know each other a bit more, talking about how they got interested in music.

From then on, the day progressed until the sun was beginning to set. When Hoody was done for the day, she bid everyone goodbye before going to the restaurant to meet Jessi. Finally reunited with her best friend, they started updating each other on everything after ordering their food. 

Jessi excused herself for a moment to go the restroom and while HyunJung waited for her friend’s return, she saw a group of girls at the table next to hers. She then noticed that one of the girls took out an envelope that looked like the one Gray had.

"Yezi unnie! You got the highschool reunion invitation too?” HyunJung overheard the other girl say. 

“Yup, and when I see Gray oppa there, I'll convince him to help me with my mixtape," Yezi confidently said. After hearing that, HyunJung pretended to be on her phone to divert her attention away from the girls. When Jessi came back, their waiter came with their food as well.