---

regulation
Please log in to read the full chapter

As Taekwoon's gotten older, he's been trying to stop suppressing his stims and just let them be.

He has a lot of them. There's subtle ones such as fidgeting with his jewelry, or rubbing the fabric of his favorite hoodie across his cheek. Most of them are the more obvious ones. Spinning, humming, hitting his hands against his sides, whining, tapping against surfaces. He grew up hearing his grandmother tell him to stop bouncing all the time, his father lecturing him about chewing on his shirt collar, his sister calling his hand flapping "annoying".

Taekwoon's trying to unlearn that. Stimming is fun. Stimming helps him regulate his feelings and senses. Stimming is just another part of him. It's nothing to be ashamed of.

He still doesn't do it too much in public. He'd get too many weird looks from strangers. Fans might notice there's something a little off about him. He sticks with keeping it at the dorm, or in the practice room, especially the more obvious ones.

The other members don't mind, or so they say. They don't mind waiting on him as he lingers in the dressing room, running his fingers through the soft fabric of his new stage outfit. They don't mind when he can't stop rocking in his seat on long rides. They don't mind his random spinning in the middle of choreography practice, even if it does delay progress.

Sanghyuk laughed at Taekwoon once, a few weeks after debut. He mimicked his hand flapping. Taekwoon thinks of it as a way to express happiness or excitement, had started doing it in the waiting room before a music show performance. Sanghyuk didn't know. He was still pretty new to them. At least no one else laughed along. They must have pulled him aside to scold him, and to explain about the stimming thing; or the entire autism thing, because he apologized the next day.

Other than that one incident, they've been understanding. Not just about Taekwoon's stims, but about everything. His meltdowns, his selective mutism, his sensory issues, all of the oddities that come along with 'the autism thing'. 

Hakyeon is always there after meltdowns; petting his hair, and whispering words of comfort. Jaehwan takes a more comedi

Please log in to read the full chapter