Blueberry Cheesecake [One Shot]

Blueberry Cheesecake

Tired.

Distressed.

Pain.

As I crunch my stomach in pain, Mark was just at the sofa, playing with his Xbox. It’s irritating.

“Can you lower the volume?” I said. How I said it was more of like an order. He didn’t hear me, so I threw a pillow at him. He was about to kill the boss when I did, but, oh well, I guess he needs to play again.

“What’s wrong with-” when he looked at me, he panicked. He kept on asking if I was okay, did I eat something wrong during lunchtime, or if I was having a bad stomachache.

“Worse,” I said, grudgingly, “It’s my time of the month.” I buried my face onto a pillow as I painfully screamed. I couldn’t feel my legs, I couldn’t move an inch.

“I wanna die,” I jokingly exclaimed. Crying would help, but I was crying because of the dessert that I ate earlier, the fact that I ate the last piece of the scrumptious blueberry cheesecake and how I didn’t leave anything for me later.

Mark, trying to hold his laugh, just bit his tongue out, and looked away from me. He knows how I hate it. He scratched the back of his head and sat beside me.

“Okay, so, what do you want?”

“Blue…berry…Cheese…cake…” the force to voice out what I wanted to say was too painful.

Now, he laughed at me, saying that I already had it earlier. As I glare at him, he panics again. It wasn’t his first time to encounter my monstrous attitude. Yeah, go on. Laugh at me while the red sea inside rushes down like a waterfall. Damn it. I just can’t take it anymore, that I had to slap his arm so hard to stop him from laughing, that he groaned in pain.

“That’s not even half of what I am experiencing right now, idiot,” I said, trying to sit on the bed but then tears rolled down my eyes. I cannot take the pain anymore.

Mark’s laughing ceased and patted the reddish mark on his arm lightly. His skin was sensitive, that my hand print embossed on his arm.

“You’re crazy,” he groaned still, “I shouldn’t have worn a sleeveless shirt today!”

“I want Blueberry Cheesecake!”

“But you just had it!”

“I WANT MORE! ONE BIG BLUEBERRY CHEESECAKE! JUST FOR ME!”

I cried again. Tears rolling down my face as I clasped the abdomen part of my body.

“My uterus is killing me,” I sobbed softly. He doesn’t know the pain of it all. Mark exhaled deeply and went outside.

I knew he wasn’t happy, and it’s scary how he just cursed under his breath before he went outside. I couldn’t think of anything but the thought that he might come back may be tomorrow, still complaining about the handprint that I smacked in his arm. I just couldn’t help it. Everything is irritating whenever my period hits me. The volume of the television, Mark’s face, the bed sheets, the smell of lemon which I particularly like when I’m not in this kind of situation. Everything was making my head irritated.

Except for blueberry cheesecake.

Blueberry cheesecakes are life when it’s my time of the month.

Because of crying over it, I fell asleep. I dreamt of a big event, with only blueberry cheesecake. Seriously, my craving for that dessert became so strong that I was crying when I woke up.

To my surprise, Mark was beside me. I checked the time, and I had slept for two hours. He saw that I was awake and he rolled his eyes. Before I could smack his face, he gave me a carton box.

As I opened it, I was so happy.

“It took a while to get it from the bakeshop three blocks away. It was a good time that I came early since they were almost closing.”

He looked at me and began laughing again.

Was it wrong if I was crying because it was too delicious?

“Hngh, Mark, I love you,” I said as I took another bite off of the cake.

“Yeah, yeah, I love you, too, you wrecked human being.”

I didn’t like it. I pinched his cheeks so hard that he was cried for mercy.

“CAN YOU STOP BEING SADISTIC WHENEVER IT’S YOUR TIME OF THE MONTH?!” he shouted as he rubbed his cheeks in dismay.

“IT’S YOUR FAULT FOR CALLING ME WRECKED!”