Final

Invitation

"Jungyeon-ah."

 

I give a little hum, telling her I'm listening. I can't really look away from my phone right now. I'm too hooked on this story I'm reading, and it doesn't help that one of the characters  has the same name as I do. Basically in this chapter, the main character is now on a mission to get the bad guys. Like, finally! 

 

"Jungyeon-ah."

 

Still not looking up, I give her a louder hum. Oh, here it is. The awaited fight scene.

 

"Jungyeon-aaaah."

 

, the main character just got shot. And there's the cliffhanger. Great.

 

"Yah, Yoo Jungyeon!" She yelled right into my ear.

 

"Why do you need to freaking yell? Gosh, now my ear hurts." I replied, annoyed. My poor ear..

 

"It's not my fault you weren't paying attention to me."

 

Typical Im Nayeon, I can only shake my head and sigh.

 

"Well now you have my full attention. What is it that you want?"

 

"Since school just ended, I was wondering if.."

 

"If what?"

 

"If you wanted to to come over?

 

What. 

 

"Can you.. repeat that?"

 

She sighs but repeats in nontheless.

 

"Okay.. I'll repeat it nice and slow. Do. You. Want. To. Come. Over?"

 

Oh.

 

OHHOLYFLYINGBUNNIES!

 

Im freaking Nayeon just asked me if I wanted to come over! My crush, Im freaking Nayeon, just asked me to come over. WHAT. 

 

Okay.

 

Calm down.

 

You're Yoo Jungyeon. The proclaimed Girl Crush. Just cooly say yes. Yeah, you can do that. 

 

"Y-Yeah, why not."

 

Great. I stuttered. Whatever, it's better than not answering.

 

"Let's go then."

 

She flashed me her cute smile, the one where she shows her adorable bunny teeth. I'm not sure if it actually classifies as love yet, but I swear she makes me fall harder every single day.

 

But if you guys are curious, I've always had this crush on Nayeon since she transferred to our school. And that was two years ago when high school just started. 

 

In the first year, we didn't even talk to each other because we weren't in the same class. (More like, I couldn't muster the courage to go and talk to her).

 

Thankfully God listened to my prayers and put us in the same class this year and we began to grow closer. It started when Ms. Kim partnered us up for an assignment, a duet. I swear I saw her wink at me when she called out both our names. And speaking of that, I probably should go buy Ms. Kim a bag of gummy worms or something.

 

--- [Time Skip] ---

 

So.. We're here. Her house isn't that far from school or maybe it's because I'm a bit nervous, I can't tell. Deep breaths. Inhale. Exhale. Okay. So.. Her parents might be home and how am I supposed to greet them and leave a good impression? I mean I could possibly be their in law. Though what if her parents aren't home? What if there's only both of-

 

"Mom, Dad, I'm home!"

 

My mind almost wandered to a dangerous territory there. Of course we won't be alone. I hit my head, trying to keep certain thoughts away.

 

"Why are you hitting yourself?" She asked with one eyebrow raised. 

 

"Um.. Just a headache, probably because of the heat."

 

She doesn't look convinced but at least she seems amused by my reply. Who would even believe that excuse? It was the perfect weather to go outside, not too hot nor too cold. Well what's done is done. All I can do now is just shut up and follow her into her household.

 

"Oh, what's this?"

 

There's a bright yellow post-it stuck on the door that said:

'Nayeonnie, I'm going on a date with your father. We'll probably be back around 8PM. Reheat the food I left for you when you get hungry later. Xoxo Mom.'

 

"I guess it's only us then."

 

And it only takes that one sentence for those certain thoughts to come rushing back. God, help me.

 

"So.. Tada! This is my room."

 

Her room is.. not exactly like what I imagined. I would've said it's a normal clean bedroom, but it's not. Papers are scattered on her desk, a small pile of clothes on the corner of the room, and not to mention the unmade bed. 

 

"Wow.."

 

"I-I swear it's usually much cleaner!"

 

"..Yeah, whatever helps you sleep better at night." I can only laugh at her flushed face.

 

"Yah, don't laugh! You can't make fun of me in my own house."

 

"Deal with it, bunny."

 

I can already hear Snoop dogg's song blasting inside my head. If you watch crack videos on Youtube, you'll know what I mean. But what she does after that just leaves me dumbfounded. Suddenly she just goes to grab a fresh towel from her drawer and straight into what I assume is the bathroom inside her room, leaving me all alone. Like seriously, what kind of person just leaves her guest like that? Did I go to far..?

 

You know what, I might as well tidy up her bedroom. Seeing her room like this just triggers the clean freak in me. So I start with her bed, then the pile of clothes on the corner. Though I don't even know if they're clean or not, so I just keep folding them. And lastly the scattered papers on her desk. As I try to neatly stack the papers, I notice there was an opened book underneath them. I can't help but read the page where the book was opened.

 

'Dear Diary,

I'm sad right now. I just found out that squirrel-like cheerleader just kissed my crush. I don't even care if it was an accident! It was exactly like those cliché drama scenes. The main character runs into someone and he/she ends up falling on top the other, kissing.

And from what I know, my crush hasn't dated anyone before so.. that might be her first kiss! Aaaah, I'm so annoyed!

But.. since it was an accident.. it doesn't count right? Right? 

I guess this is all I have to tell you today. See you tomorrow, Diary-ssi!

 

Damn, so she likes someone? Well there goes my chance. I wonder who her crush is, hm..

 

That person was kissed by a squirrel-like cheerleader.

Kissed by a squirrel-like cheerleader.

Squirrel-like cheerleader.

Cheerleader.

 

Wait.

 

Does she mean..

 

Sana?!

 

Hold up.

 

Everyone knows just how clumsy Sana is. And there was only one accident that in which she kissed someone.

 

And she kissed..

 

Me.

 

ME.

 

IT'S ME.

 

MY CRUSH HAS A CRUSH ON ME.

 

What are the odds. Huh. This sounds suspiciously like a cliché fanfiction. I wonder if there's a plot twist in the end?

 

But first things first, uh, I gotta put away this diary. Um.. Let's sit on this chair, my legs feel like jelly after knowing that fact. Okay, now to act normal. Poker face, check. Though my heart's threatening to explode. How can I act normal when she comes out? My heart isn't listening to me. And as if on cue, the bathroom creaks open.

 

"Wow, you cleaned my room?"

 

She looks surprised, wearing a oversized white T-shirt and shorts while drying her hair with a towel. I don't dare talk, afraid of what stupid things I'll say next. I settled with a nod.

 

"I pretended to overreact just to tease you. You didn't have to do all this. I'll be sure to invite you more often then."

 

She winks at me. All and all, she just seems really amused right now.

 

"But thank y-"

 

"You have a crush on me?"

 

There goes my mouth. . I should've taped my mouth shut. How did a simple 'It's fine, I didn't mind.' turn into that? 

 

"W-What?"

 

I guess no backing out now. Tremulously I replied.

 

"I might have.. read your.. diary.."

 

"How do you accidentally read something?!"

 

"It was left opened on your desk! How am I supposed to know it was your diary?"

 

She's blushing but despite the pink cheeks, she replied with her newly found confidence,

 

"So what if I do like you?"

 

Hearing that, my nervousness washed away. I reply gladly with a cheeky smile.

 

"Well, I'd say that I like you too."

 

Silence envelopes the room.

 

"So.. Do you want to be my girlfriend?"

 

Surprisingly that wasn't me asking her, it was the other way around.

 

"I'd love to'

 

 

 

--- [End] ---

 

Ha..ha.. What did I just write..

I hope my story isn't thaaaat bad lol

Thanks for reading!

/rolls into a burrito and hides from the world/