Day Four

5 Days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun noticed immediately that Chanyeols demeanor had changed, even if just for a bit.

It wasn´t anything bad, no, of course not.

But the taller male seemed even more protective of him. Baekhyun wasn´t dumb, knew of course that it had something to do with the… Incident that happened just the day before.

Baekhyun had to supress a shudder as memories started resurfacing, quickly banning them to the back of his mind, not wanting to worry his lover.

They were currently walking in a rather deserted street, which could´ve been because it was still rather early, although normally bustling with life.

Since the moment they had exited the hotel, Chanyeol had slung an arm around his lovers’ petite waist, pulling him close as if afraid he´d wander off.

Well, Baekhyun guessed he couldn´t blame him after all that had happened in the last three days, hoping that at least this day would be calmer.

“Maybe we should´ve just slept a bit more, almost nothing has opened yet.”

Having his train of thought interrupted, Baekhyun was only able to make a sound akin to a confused huh? not comprehending what the giant just said.

Chuckling upon seeing his cute clueless lover, he repeated his words, getting a pout from Baekhyun in return.

“I told you it was too early Chan! We could´ve continued sleeping or done other stuff, but you were hell-bend on getting up early!”

Disregarding Baekhyuns playful complaints, a smirk made its way onto his face, as he said “What exactly do you mean with other stuff, Baek? Did my princess have some naughty thoughts?”

He wriggled his eyebrows, not able to help his laugh when Baekhyun blushed in reaction, spluttering around.

“Don´t worry Baek, I´m just joking” chuckled the red haired giant, enjoying the sight of his flustered lover.

They continued walking, just going around and seeing more of Berlin, occasionally sweet talking or teasing each other.

It was a rather fresh day in regards of weather, leading Baekhyun, who only wore a thin shirt and jeans, to slightly shiver.

Chanyeol, of course noticing with their close proximity, pressed the petite male tighter against himself, trying to share his body heat while asking “Did you bring your jacket like I told you?”

Baekhyun blinked, having totally forgotten about the bag hanging from his shoulder, before saying a meek I don´t know, stopping their walking to rummage through it and see if he had taken it with him.

It was in that moment that the puppy like male noticed footsteps coming closer, before he suddenly felt a pain in his shoulder, a slight motion rocking him forward, even as Chanyeols arms steadied him.

Struggling to understand what had just occurred, Baekhyun noticed how the bag, prior slung around his shoulder, was gone, leaving him to recognize the situation, realizing someone had just stolen his bag.

He barely heard Chanyeol ask if he was alright, in a stunned daze because of the occurrence, leaving him to just nod at whatever Chanyeol was saying.

The next thing he knew was a kiss to his forehead (The giant redhead seemed to do that a lot lately) before Chanyeol ran after the thief, leaving Baekhyun standing by himself.

Unsure, the small male looked around, but there was nobody, he was completely alone.

The thought didn´t make him feel as safe as he wanted to, memories unwillingly going back to the day before, how Chanyeol had been gone for not even 5 Minutes when he was suddenly… suddenly what? Abducted? Attacked? Almost ?

He shuddered at the last thought, arms coming up to hug himself.

Never had Chanyeols absence affected him this way, never.

As he tightly pressed his arms to himself, still biting his lips, Baekhyun realized that he wasn´t scared because of the harassment he went through, no.

He was terrified, absolutely terrified.

He took a shaky breath as his heart began to race, trying to calm himself down but not able to.

As long as Chanyeol had been there he had time to forget about the incident, could pretend nothing happened.

But now that his giant protector was gone, even if only for a short time to chase after the thief, reality came up to him.

He felt vulnerable.

Sure, he had never been the strongest, no, always petite, weak Baekhyun. But never did he feel so endangered, never had he been scared that someone would come and drag him into a dark alleyway or something similar, to do the same as those men had wanted.

He could feel the familiar burn of tears though he managed to hold them back, cursing himself for being so weak as he wondered why Chanyeol was taking so long, if something had happened to him, igniting another spark of fear.

It was in that moment that someone tapped his shoulder, Baekhyun flinching in response and abruptly turning around, staring into the eyes of a stranger.

Baekhyun could feel his breath hitch, heart starting to race once again, terrified that his dark vision may have come true, that whoever this man was had come to finish what the group of men had started.

Then the stranger began to talk and the petite male could feel relief and embarrassment over his reaction upon hearing the strangers’ words.

“Excuse me… Uhm, I´m not of here? Sorry, you speak German?”

Feeling guilty because of his own lack of language skills, he shook his head, saying “No, Sorry”

The stranger began to mutter something under his breath before saying “You still help? Need to go to, uh was war das wort, ah yes, to inner city?”

Baekhyun smiled apologetically, saying “I´m sorry, I also don´t live here… I´m sure you´ll find someone who can help, though”

The stranger gave a sigh before attempting a strained smile, saying his thanks and going away.

Baekhyun looked down at the ground, trying to take a deep breath again.

He had to calm down, for s sake.

He didn´t even want to be this scared, but he couldn´t help it, it was like an immediate reaction.

Looking up from the ground and ahead, he smiled slightly, barely visible, when he saw his red haired Giant running back to him from God knows where, heavily panting but seemingly happy.

Upon noticing Baekhyuns attention, Chanyeols grin widened, raising his arm to show off the bag he had gotten back, leading Baekhyun to giggle cutely.

When the panting Giant finally arrived in front of Baekhyun, he grinned, giving the smaller male his bag, who reluctantly took it, slinging it over his shoulder again, before frowning and looking at Chanyeol.

“Why did you do that, Chan? What if he´d had a knife? Or a gun?! I was worried you giant doofus, don´t do something like that again!”

Chanyeol only gave a soft smile, saying “Baek, he almost hurt you. And he stole your bag, too. I couldn´t just let him get away with it.”

Baekhyun, unable to stay angry at his giant, just pushed his own fringe away, pouting up at the tall man before he immediately knew that he´d done a mistake.

Chanyeols gaze hardened as his eyes narrowed slightly, voice quiet and deep as he said “Baek, your eyes are red. Did you cry? Why? What happened?”

When the puppy like male only avoided his gaze to stare at the ground, Chanyeol repeated his words, more forcefully but cautious to not be pressuring.

Baekhyun gave a sigh, eyes still looking

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter