Love

Myungjong Drabbles [Discontinued]

  "Hey Myungsoo," Sungjong started, facing the ocean while he closed his eyes, wind whipping his hair away from his face, "What is love?"
  At this, Myungsoo looked up from his book, eyes widening for the smallest moment before he calmly closed his book, looking off at the ocean. 
  "Well, love is an intense feeling of deep affection." Myungsoo answered, causing Sungjong to frown and shake his head. 
  "I'm not asking for the dictionary meaning. I mean, what is it like to love somebody?" Sungjong asked, head tilting a little as he opened his eyes, eyes following two birds flying together in the sky. Myungsoo pursed his lips. 
  Sungjong had since young never experienced love. His real parents left him, his foster parents abused him, the people in school bullied him and his only real escape from everything was Myungsoo. Yet, by the time Myungsoo entered Sungjong's life, the younger was so torn apart that the thought of him ever being put back together seemed impossible to Myungsoo. 
  "Well, I guess it's when you like somebody. Like, a lot. The mere mention of their name brings a smile to your lips and just the sight of them makes you feel like you have been blessed. When you talk to them, you find yourself having difficulty to form coherent sentences because the love you feel for the person overwhelms you until all you actually want to do is proclaim your love over and over. When they laugh because of something you did or said, you feel like you've never been so sure of your purpose on the Earth than at that moment, making them laugh. You just love them, it's just that." 
  Just like how I love you, Myungsoo thought, as he looked at the nodding Sungjong with eyes full of longing and a heart breaking from the chance he lost before he even got to try. 

A/N: Weeeeeeeeeeeeee