Paris

Paris

Everything seemed different from last time he was here. Seungri knew the trees hadn't actually changed but looking at them lining the streets of Paris, he thought they must have. It was all in a new light, the sun was brighter, the buildings cleaner, the people happier. They had to be. Seungri had been here before of course, but never like this. Never just him and Jiyong. His other half had been here far too many times to count, but Seungri knew that if he asked, Jiyong could recall them all. To the blue haired man looking out the window next to him, Paris meant something special. It meant fashion, it meant creativity, it meant freedom. Jiyong always told him that Paris was the one place that he felt entirely himself.

 

Seungri always admired that about his boyfriend. The way that he could stand out in a crowd, not just for his dashing hair and famous status but for just him. Anyone could see it, not just the ones who knew who he was. Jiyong walked with a different air around him, he just seemed different, perhaps more more than those around him. Of course, the blue haired man told Seungri that it was him that had this stance. Jiyong was forever saying that Seungri was the international traveler that knew everyone and everything and could get anywhere with his words alone, but not Paris. No, Seungri hadn’t ever tried his luck here, he didn’t think he would fit in.

 

Every year, or more like every season now that Seungri was thinking about it, Jiyong would fly off and leave his jealous boyfriend behind. Watching his other half go to the shows with Youngbae and Chaelin made Seungri wish he had a passion for fashion, but he never really got it, something never clicked. Jiyong just told him that there was no point in Seungri coming if he didn't like it. That it would be too much and while Jiyong never said it, Seungri knew it was really because he would just get in the way. That Jiyong didn't want to have to explain everything all the time to him, it would be a burden. So, after a while Seungri stopped asking about it. He knew better.

 

But this year, when Jiyong got that fancy envelope with his invite to Chanel’s show instead of smiling wide, circling his reservation as 1 and quickly sending it back, he turned to Seungri. They had been sitting at their breakfast nook in the kitchen. The black haired man had seen the envelope in their mail that day and felt apprehensive about setting it in front of Jiyong, but he knew these shows meant the world to him. So, he bit down his pride and as expected, Jiyong’s smile was everything.

 

But not as expected, his blue haired boyfriend turned to him and asked, “Do you wanna come?”

 

Seungri blinked back his surprise and opened his mouth to reply but Jiyong continued, “You don't have a schedule, right? You had that week off I thought, right?”

 

And this time he was actually waiting for an answer and Seungri felt out of place. Like he shouldn't be saying yes, it wasn't what he did. He didn't go to Paris Fashion Week. He went to Cochella, Hawaii, Las Vegas. He DJ’d at clubs, he made appearances at shows, he didn't dress up to watch other people wear clothes. But for the first time, Jiyong was asking him to come. That maybe he could belong there. That maybe it could be his place, right beside Jiyong.

 

“Uh, yeah I think I'm free,” Seungri mumbled, attempting to eat the bite of banana that he swallowed too soon out of haste to respond.

 

He coughed, covering his mouth and again Jiyong smiled, circling the plus one and writing in Seungri’s name.

 

By the time that he returned the smile, Jiyong had said “Okay, cool,” and already crossed the kitchen, putting the fresh envelope in their pile of going out mail.

 

It all happened so fast that Seungri barely had time to realize that he was just confirmed to seeing Chanel front row, in Paris. After that, the usual envelopes starting pouring in, Saint Laurent, Haider Ackermann, Vetements. To each, Seungri watched Jiyong circle plus one and then his name. It felt surreal.


 

But actually being here felt weirder. Jiyong insisted on doing all the touristy stuff at the end of the shows. He wanted to show Seungri all the things that he had been missing out on in the past few years, but said that they couldn't be tired for the shows. For the first night in a while, Jiyong wanted to go to bed early, to get lots of sleep and have a fresh face when they stepped off their plane.

 

Fans had greeted them at the airport and while it really was just another day in the life, Seungri got a kick out of their surprised faces when he appeared behind Jiyong. He remembered them and laughed to himself, causing Jiyong to glance over with an eyebrow raised. To ease his curiosity, Seungri just smiled and squeezed the hand he had been holding. His boyfriend returned the gesture and went back to looking outside. Jiyong loved watching the scenery through the window of a car, the route never mattered. If he had been on that road once or hundreds of times, Jiyong would still expectantly be watching the blurs pass him by. Jiyong’s constant curiosity was something that Seungri loved about him. The way that his mouth would make a slight “o” shape and his eyes would get wide at the change in colors made the corners of Seungri’s lips curve up into a warm, adoring smile.


 

They had just arrived to their hotel room, Jiyong mentioned something about a show that afternoon but honestly Seungri hadn't been paying much attention. He had still been in awe by all that was Paris. But now Jiyong was opening up their closet and Seungri noticed how their wardrobe had arrived before they did. Everything was already on the hangers in color order. Seungri tried not to appear too surprised, he knew that Jiyong had to do something like this to get through all the shows as fast as he did but still, it was a shock.

 

Glancing at his watch, Jiyong said, “Okay, we have about an hour until the first show, let's get ready.”

 

Feeling unsure, Seungri just stared at the closet in front of him. One side had what he assumed were his clothes, they were the only ones that he recognized and the other, slightly larger side had to be Jiyong’s. Next to him, Jiyong had already pulled clothes off the hangers and was laying them out carefully on the bed. He must have sensed Seungri’s pause because he glanced over. After the black haired man gave him an awkward smile, Jiyong stopped placing clothes down and went back to the closet. He plucked a few garments off the rack and handed them to Seungri. The younger noticed they were all the same designer and figured that must be the first show.

 

He slipped on the clothes, the shirt was a button down by the shade of gray. It wasn't too exciting but it was soft. The pants were about the same, minus the delicate details of the stitching, and it made Seungri feel concerned. He had seen the looks that Jiyong and Youngbae had pulled off and thought that this could be too plain. But he saw that his boyfriend was wearing a similar outfit, except his shirt was patterned but the colors were muted as well. He couldn’t help but notice the gray of Seungri’s shirt was laced throughout Jiyong’s outfit very subtly. It was the closest to a couple’s look that Jiyong would do and he hadn’t even told Seungri about it.

 

Glancing back down to his own garments, the dark haired singer knew that Jiyong wouldn't pick out a bad outfit for him so he just shrugged and walked to the bathroom to run a comb through his hair. He never really did much to his appearance unless it was for a schedule and even then, someone else did it for him, but it didn't look like Jiyong was too concerned with it either. The older was now leaning over the countertop applying his eyeliner neatly, letting his freshly dyed dark blue hair hang softly over his face, stopping just above his eyes. It was definitely a simply look for the fashion icon.

 

When he was done, Jiyong moved to Seungri, adding a little color to his lips and pushing his hair every which way before leaving it the way it had naturally sat. The older must have decided it was good enough because he stood back, glanced over his work and then gave Seungri a soft smile.

 

“What?” the younger asked.

 

Smiling wider, Jiyong swung his arms over Seungri’s shoulders, letting himself be pulled close and said, “I'm just happy you're here.”

 

“Yeah?”

 

Nodding, his blue haired boyfriend replied, “I always miss you so much when I come. I hate not having you here with me.”

 

This made Seungri frown, “Then why didn't you ask me to come earlier?”

 

Maybe the younger expected a sigh or a downcast expression, but not the confused wide eyes that worriedly appeared in front of him.

 

“Did you want to come?”

 

Since Jiyong looked generally surprised, Seungri bit back his snarky retort of uh, yeah duh and instead went with a nod.

 

“Oh, you always said that you didn't get why I liked this kind of thing so I thought you didn’t want to go…”

 

Looking back, Seungri realized that he had kept his want of going fairly minimal. In fact, thinking of how he acted all stand offish when Jiyong would talk about going probably made the blue haired rapper think Seungri wasn't interested in it, maybe even annoyed by it.

 

“No, I always wanted to come but I thought I would be a burden to you since I don't know anything about the fashion world,” Seungri tried to explain the now worried Jiyong.

 

The brown eyes in front of him glazed over with more understanding than confusion and worry.

 

“Oh,” Jiyong paused and Seungri could practically see the gears turning in his head before he grinned. “Well, you don't need to know anything, you have me. I know everything.”

 

At that Seungri scoffed, he loved it when Jiyong let a tiny bit of his cocky stage persona shine through. The man in front of him was truly the opposite of the G-Dragon that everyone else in the world was being sold, but that was only known to the few close people beside him. The only one to really see Jiyong slip in and out of the two personas was Seungri, and the younger loved it. He loved being fussed over, watching his boyfriend’s eyes turn hard when some model stared at him for too long, or their quick, but light banter over even the smallest details.

 

“Everything, huh?” Seungri countered. He had been trying to be good and just lightly set his hands at the small of Jiyong’s back but it was hard. Seungri hated being good, he always wanted to be as close to Jiyong’s skin as possible. It was so warm and smooth, sometimes he swore it was addicting. But Seungri had to be good a lot, whether it was in public to slow suspicion of their relationship or now to not wrinkle Jiyong’s fresh shirt. It was a lighter shirt, more of a t-shirt than anything but these higher quality fabrics were also easier to wrinkle so Seungri fought himself.

 

“Everything,” Jiyong beamed, leaning in for a kiss. It was probable supposed to be quick but if Seungri couldn't snake his hands under his boyfriend’s shirt then he was going to get his fix here.

 

As it turned out, Jiyong had no problem with the way that Seungri hooking his thumb under his jaw and was now practically drinking from his lips. The younger could feel the smile against his lips and it reminded Seungri of how happy he was that he could finally be here for fashion week with Jiyong.



 

The first show passed in a blur. It was all cameras and people constantly coming up to Jiyong. While that could describe most public settings for the known rapper, it was different. He wasn't idolized in the same way, there were a good amount of fans but most people didn't seem to know who this G-Dragon was, they just knew he was someone important. He was Karl Lagerfeld's gold child, his muse. Seungri, on the other hand was a new face to them. Of course, neither of the two spoke French but he could get the idea that the photographers wanted him to move aside to get single shots of Jiyong. While Seungri knew this was normal, he was a nobody here, he felt like a fish out of water standing away from his other half. This setting was literally and figuratively foreign to him.

 

But Seungri covered up his real emotions with what he was famous for: his poker face. So he let it happen, he knew that Jiyong was a somebody in the fashion world and it made sense for him to let him do his thing.

 

During the show Jiyong was constantly writing. It took Seungri a while to notice because he was too preoccupied with trying to make something out of what he was seeing in front of him. He got that it was all one line but he swore that the designer got lazy or something because the same fabric was used one way or another on literally every single model. That had to be a no no, right? But when he looked around everyone else’s faces were blank. Turning to his life line, Jiyong was studying a model with a well fitted blazer and turtleneck before writing something that looked more like scribble than words down.

 

Before Seungri could even ask, Jiyong hissed a low, “After the show.”

 

The younger took that as his dismissal.

 

So, he waited. They met the designer afterwards and the guy looked so pleased to see Jiyong it was almost weird. Especially the cheek kisses. Those made no sense. Seungri could understand the American handshake as a form of greeting but still thought a bow made more sense but the kissing of cheeks? No sense. Seungri couldn't wrap his head around it. But to Jiyong this seemed normal so Seungri pretended it was too.

 

He was thankful that Jiyong didn't try too hard to involve him in the conversation, this wasn't about him. This was Jiyong’s thing. They talked for a short bit about the collection and that's when Seungri realized he was completely lost.

 

On the car ride back, Jiyong kept his promise and immediately started explaining who that was and what the point of the collection was. When the younger asked about the notes, Jiyong just laughed.

 

“I was taking notes on what I wanted to buy and what events I could wear them to,” he smiled.

 

At first Seungri just nodded, it was a logical response and then he realized something.

 

“Wait, but wasn't that a women’s line?”

 

At this, Jiyong cocked his head to the side, “And?”

 

It was one thing for Seungri to feel dumb at the show, he knew no one there and nothing about it but now he felt really, really dumb. Jiyong being the icon that he was, had never shied away from women’s looks. His slim and petite body fit better in women’s clothing than men’s, it had always been that way. If he wanted a suit, it would have to be tailored in, but if he wore women’s pants the only thing Seungri ever heard Jiyong complain about were the pockets. And now Seungri, the boyfriend of Jiyong for years, just questioned the guy about buying women’s fashion.

 

“Sorry, I got overwhelmed and forgot,” the younger admitted, Jiyong just smiled. “But that blazer would look good on you, though. The colors were beautiful.”

 

Hearing Seungri attempt to talk clothes had Jiyong beaming, “I thought so too!”



 

Over the next few days, the two went to many shows together. Each one had the same format: take pictures, too many pictures, get set aside from Jiyong, sit front row, be silent, meet the designer, do an interview, talk to famous people or let Jiyong talk to them and pretend, and then go home. After that first show, instead of hearing “Who’s that?” from the photographers, he started hearing “They’re from the same group” until finally he heard “That’s Seungri”. Once in awhile he would hear quite mumbles of “Is that his boyfriend?” usually followed by “He has to be, that’s definitely a couple look.”

 

Jiyong usually just handed Seungri an outfit and the younger didn’t put too much thought into it but after the show when some article would come out, featuring Jiyong as an esteemed guest at the event, Seungri would notice the very small details that both him and Jiyong would wear in the photos. This could be Jiyong’s rings matching Seungri’s shoes or his bracelet featuring the same pattern as Jiyong’s earrings. Just little things that the younger wouldn’t have noticed otherwise.

 

It made him smile.

 

He liked that while they weren’t out as a couple to the public, Jiyong kept little hints here and there that told the trained eye that they were in fact, a couple. It wasn’t that they didn’t want to be out, but officially announcing it wasn’t really the way that either of them wanted to go. It wasn’t their style.


 

They were getting ready for the Chanel show when Seungri first realized Jiyong’s anxious state. Just a bit ago, the older had handed him some elaborate outfit that in all honesty, Seungri would have never worn otherwise. But Jiyong seemed confident in it, so the younger had put it on. After a few glances in the mirror, Seungri had started to kind of get it, but was still pretty lost.

 

Jiyong, on the other hand had thrown on at least four outfits by now. Each time he would stand in front of the mirror, smooth down his clothes and then inspect every detail, or at least some of them before he would begin tugging it all off and making a beeline back to the closet. Seungri wanted to help but he simply didn’t know how.

 

“I liked that crimson jacket that you were wearing,” the younger tried, sitting on the bed and watching his boyfriend sweep through every hanger on the rack.

 

Jiyong shook his head, “Crimson? With blue hair? No, such a no.”

 

The dark haired singer sighed, “Then why did you bring it?”

 

Stopping at a cream colored shirt, Jiyong mumbled something and took it off the rack. He motioned for Seungri to hand him something so the younger glanced to his left at all the jackets and sweaters left astray on the bed. Not knowing which Jiyong was pointing to, he handed him the closest thing to him: a soft pink tweed jacket. The older paused, but then took it from him, slipping it on and turning back around to the mirror.

 

“I was going for the blue sweater, but you know, I kind of like this, Ri,” Jiyong remarked but then paused and looked back to Seungri. “But do you think it’s better than the turtleneck? Or maybe I should go back to the crimson--”

 

“Jiyong, babe, it’s fine. I love you in pink, it’s fine,” Seungri felt like he had been reassuring his boyfriend about the same thing for the last hour but he really wasn’t lying about this. He really did adore Jiyong in pink.

 

The older pursed his lips and then sighed, “Okay, okay, pink it is.”

 

He walked through the door to their bathroom and laid out a few different eyeshadows before settling on a dark, but on the warmer side pairing. Since he had nothing else to do, Seungri sat on the countertop, admiring his boyfriend’s handiwork. He had accepted a long time ago that Jiyong was good at everything, but one of his favorite skills was makeup. The older had picked it up awhile back and never did anything too outrageous, but watching the quick flicks of the brushes and the light taps of powder across his cheeks was mesmerizing to Seungri.

 

He hadn’t really done much to his appearance for the shows, sure he looked put together but nothing to make him stand out. Seungri didn’t really think he needed it and Jiyong hadn’t done anything too crazy so he didn’t question it. But watching Jiyong smoke out his eyeshadow and rough up his eyeliner made him think that today was different. His wild eyes gave off a drastically different feel to the softer clothes he was wearing, which Seungri guessed was the point. It was Chanel, he kept having to remind himself of that. It was Chanel. This was different to Jiyong.

 

Once he was about done, the older looked over to him, “Are you gonna leave your hair like that?”

 

Seungri’s face fell. Like what? He looked back in the mirror, his bangs were pushed forward like they usually were for events. The dark haired singer saw nothing wrong with it, this was his average look. But Jiyong apparently thought otherwise as he pulled out a comb and went to work.

 

Unlike their staff, Jiyong was a lot less delicate. If he wanted Seungri’s hair to move, it moved. After a little, Jiyong backed off and gestured for the younger to see himself. When he did, he immediately smiled. It was a look that he had missed, the fluffy hair that he had from his 2013 solo promotions. His hair was slightly curled with a lot of texture, but still neat. Jiyong hadn’t added the same amount of volume that his stylist would have back then so it felt fresh and yet so very familiar. He had forgotten how much he missed this hair, and it only occurred to him now how much Jiyong had vocalized his opinion on it too back in the day.

 

The younger smiled and turned back to Jiyong, who was obviously impressed with himself. Cupping the older’s cheek, he leaned in for a quick peck and said, “Thank you.”

 

He got off the countertop and was about to make his way back to their bedroom when Jiyong caught his hand.

 

“You’re missing something.”

 

Seungri raised his eyebrow at him. He had enough accessories, the singer thought, what else could he need?

 

The older sifted through a small bag next to the sink and pulled out two lipsticks, “Rose or taupe?”

 

Lipstick? But he was already wearing a tinted balm, Seungri thought. He didn’t need more. But he decided to humor Jiyong, the rose was a darker, but still warm pink while the taupe was more on the side of brown. It was a little too much for him, so he pointed to the more pink shade.

 

Jiyong’s lips curled up into a smile as he said, “I thought so too” and started applying the color to his own lips.

 

Now Seungri was really confused. Didn’t Jiyong say that it was him that was missing something? He must have spaced out because next thing he knew a very familiar pair of lips were pressing against the side of his neck. Seungri’s eyes moving back into focus saw a very proud looking Jiyong in front of him.

 

His boyfriend adjusted his neck so that Seungri could see the very obvious kiss mark on his neck. Jiyong reapplied more on his own lips and the younger realized that no one could make a mistake, the mark was definitely from Jiyong. This went past subtle matching and yeah, it wasn’t as obvious as holding signs that said “this is my boyfriend” but it was pretty goddamn obvious.

 

“Is it okay?” Jiyong asked, now a little bit worried since Seungri hadn’t said anything. “I can rub it off if you don’t like it.”

 

Shaking his head, Seungri smiled, “No, I love it, but isn’t a bit obvious?”

 

The older just shrugged, “So what? It’s about time, don’t you think?”


 

The drive to the venue was exhilarating but also nerve wrecking. It was time, Seungri thought, but it was also worrisome. When the car stopped, he got out and held the door open for Jiyong. Seungri had his hand out for his boyfriend to use as balance but the older took it and instead of letting go as soon as he was on his feet, he intertwined their fingers. Like all the other fashion shows, the photographers went crazy when they saw Jiyong, calling him over in all directions. Seungri had gotten used to lagging behind him but this time, the blue haired rapper pulled him next to him to pose with.

 

The photographers were talking in french at them but Seungri heard a few, “I knew they were together” and “can you guys move in closer?” Jiyong must have heard it too since the younger felt a hand sitting on his hip. Out of the corner of his eye, Seungri saw Jiyong beaming, which wasn’t his usual expression for photos. But nonetheless, it was a good look on him. He loved that smile, that beautiful gummy smile.

 

A few more shutters were heard before Jiyong bowed and led the two of them inside. It made the younger happy that Jiyong had yet to let go of him. He missed this skinship so much when they were in public, it was definitely a bonus to letting themselves be known.

 

Jiyong weaved his way through the crowd before a rather striking women called, “Jiyong!” causing the two to stop.

 

He must have known her, Seungri thought because Jiyong got a huge smile on his face and unlinked their hands, “Rita!”

 

Like every other person Jiyong had met in Paris, the two exchanged cheek kisses until Rita stepped back to admire Jiyong’s look.

 

“Pink, I love it. Great color on you, Ji,” she complimented, her voice sounding vaguely british and a lot like velvet.

 

She then turned to Seungri and observed him not so subtly. After giving him a good look, she moved to Jiyong but kept her eyes pinned to Seungri, flashing him a suggestive smile, “He’s definitely taller than the last one you brought and much more handsome…”

 

This made the younger laugh because Rita must have been talking about Youngbae and yes, he definitely was taller than him. He gave a slightly proud smile because he loved being called more handsome than s.

 

Jiyong, however, was much less amused by her comment. His eyes hardened and he wrapped his arm around Seungri’s torso, pulling him flush against him as he said, “Oh good, because he’s mine.”

 

There was no question in what Jiyong meant, his tone and posture was clearly possessive. Rita backed off immediately and laughed, “Oh? Jiyong I never thought I’d meet your elusive significant other. I almost thought you’d be single forever.”

 

His arm relaxed around Seungri and he laughed as well, “Yeah, you and everyone else.”

 

Seungri noticed people moved towards their seat and apparently she did too because she tsk’d and said, “Well, we will have to catch up later but--” she paused, looking at the dark haired singer expectantly until he supplied her with his name “--Seungri, if you have any cute friends in town, let a girl know, okay?”

 

And with that she was gone.

 

Seungri turned to Jiyong who was just smiling. After a second, his eyes widened with understanding, “Oh! That was Rita Ora, she’s my Chanel friend. We always get together during fashion week.”

 

Nodding, Seungri smirked, “She seemed nice.”

 

It wasn’t every day that Jiyong got possessive of him, so he was glad she gave him an excuse to. The show of course, was amazing. The lighting, the venue, the colors, the models all seemed completely in sync with each other. It was the first time since they got to Paris that Seungri realized that the shows had a sort of story to them. This one made sense, kind of. He assumed that Jiyong would get it and fill him in later. For this show, Seungri had thought that Jiyong would be writing like crazy, but this time there was no pen to be found. Instead, Jiyong kept a loose arm around the back of Seungri’s chair and leaned slightly into him.

 

It was a nice reminder of them, especially since once they sat down, Jiyong paid no attention to him. His eyes were glued to the runway. If he couldn’t feel Jiyong next to him, Seungri might have thought that he might have forgotten Seungri was even there.

 

Once the show ended, the two got out of their seats and Jiyong found the area where Karl was. There was a mass of people of course, so they waited their turn. During their down time, Seungri thought it would be a good time to ask why Jiyong hadn’t wrote anything down. Had he not liked the collection?

 

“Oh,” Jiyong laughed. “No, I loved it, absolutely loved it but Karl will just send me stuff he already made me after this. He knows what I like.”

 

Even though he didn’t know much about fashion, even Seungri knew that was a big deal. He guessed all the articles saying that Jiyong was Karl’s muse could actually be hitting the nail on the head.

 

Finally, it was their turn with Karl. The man, wearing sunglasses in doors that strangely and perhaps not so strangely no one questioned, immediately grinned upon seeing Jiyong.

 

Giving him a once over, or what Seungri assumed was a once over since he couldn’t actually see his eyes, the designer of Chanel said, “Ravishing. I love it when you dress up for these shows. The pink is such a nice touch, I would have thought you would have gone with blue.”

 

Slightly blushing, Jiyong gestured to Seungri and said, “Actually that was his idea.”

 

When Karl turned to him, Seungri suddenly felt like he was under a lot of pressure. Everyone spoke so highly of this man and here he was in front of him.

 

“Oh? Is this the boyfriend you’ve been hiding from me?” Karl asked.

 

“Hi, I’m Seungri,” the dark haired singer offered and Jiyong nodded, proudly.

 

Karl leaned in, “I told Jiyong I wanted to make couple looks for him and his partner but the guy wouldn’t tell me who he was dating. Said they wouldn’t look good in a dress, I’m starting to understand why now.”

 

Jiyong’s blush deepened to a dark red and Seungri started laughing, “You know, he’s right. I can’t really pull off a dress that well.”

 

Karl smiled widely, “You may not, but I think Jiyong could. What do you think?”

 

By now Seungri was laughing too hard to respond, he liked Karl. He was funny. It was no wonder why Jiyong looked up to him so much. Speaking of Jiyong, the guy was so red but he finally got that Karl was joking and laughed with them. All jokes aside, Seungri thought Jiyong would probably look good in a dress anyways.

 

“So suits, then?” Karl said once their laughter subsided.


“Suits,” Jiyong agreed.