kissing tips

for as long as there are stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“How do you kiss girls?” Seulgi almost chokes on the gum she’s chewing and almost cuts half of Jongin’s nail.

 

“Ow!!! Watch where you’re cutting!” He hisses, removing his elbow on the bench’s backrest. He shifts from his previously comfortable position to sit up straight this time. He fears he might have lost a fingernail.

 

They are sitting on their favorite bench by the Han River. Both sitting crossed legged. Seulgi sits sideways, facing Jongin. She is cutting his gross left fingernails- as she describes them.

 

It’s a beautiful Saturday and both of them just came straight from school. Seulgi and Jongin always make it a part of their weekly routine to go straight to their favorite place after classes. For no particular reason. Sometimes they catch up (even though they always spend their time together during their breaks in between classes), sometimes they just talk about anything under the sun, most of the time they talk about how ugly or great the day was for them.

 

But the question thrown at Seulgi right now was a bit new and it caught her off guard.

 

She stops cutting his nails for a moment to check if she may have cut off his entire nail all the while trying to catch her breath from almost choking on her gum. Luckily, she didn’t. But it looks like she accidentally cut a small portion of his flesh and there is blood on his finger.

 

She hurriedly tears a page off her notepad and spits her gum into it. She crumples it and throws it to the trash bin beside their bench. “Why the are you asking me that? Do I look like I know how to kiss girls? And now great, your finger is bleeding.” She says, quite annoyed now that her plan to make Jongin’s nails as clean and attractive (“How can nails even be attractive?” Jongin would argue) as possible is ruined.

 

Jongin gasps in horror, “What??? Do something! Stop the bleeding!” He grimaces and Seulgi knows he’s about to cry. He really hates and fears blood and would give up his cool and handsome image anytime to cry over the sight of blood. But he only lets it happen if he’s with Seulgi.

 

“I am doing something! Just stop panicking, okay? It’s just a very small cut, you’re not gonna die yet. Stay still, will you?” He tries to comply, fidgeting in his position while she rummages through her bag for her first aid kit.

 

Seulgi pulls his finger closer to her face and gently puts a bear band-aid on it. Jongin slowly lets go of the grimace on his face as he watches her so focused on blowing on his injured finger to lessen the pain.

 

“There.” She lets go of his hand and looks up to only see Jongin smiling at her. “What now?” A chuckle leaves her lips and the next thing she knows she’s also already smiling at her adorable idiot bestfriend.

 

“Nothing. I just suddenly feel so lucky to have the most beautiful and most caring bestfriend on earth.” He beams at her, his dimples unintentionally showing.

 

She swears she feels her heart jump but it isn’t a new feeling. Every time he flashes his full smile at her, her heart jumps and she figures it’s just really his smile’s effect on her, and most probably on everybody else too. Every time he smiles, everything feels right.

 

Because for Seulgi, Jongin’s smile is the only thing she finds brighter than the sun illuminating the whole world, the only curve in the world that sets things straight.
 

Seulgi’s train of thoughts gets cut off when she sees Jongin’s gaze switch from her eyes to her lips and feels the ample distance between them slowly disappearing.

 

She doesn’t move away.

 

“Stop whatever you’re doing if you don’t want to ge

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter