Chapter 12: Acceptance

Wolf [On HOLD]

A couple weeks had passed since Kyungsoo left home and everything was normal. Yixing really got along well with everyone. Everyone around the camp was busy, since the mating period was fast approaching. Kyungsoo felt awkward about the whole thing, but he helped the pack as much as he could.

 

Sehun went to visit Suho at his house often, but for the first time since Kyungsoo ran away from home, Baekhyun, Xiumin and Suho came to visit the camp. They all ran to Kyungsoo, giving him hugs and looks of concern.

“Where have you been, Kyungsoo? You haven’t been at home in so long, we thought something might have happened!” Baekhyun whined. Kyungsoo chuckled, “Of course nothing happened to me. I’m sorry I worried you guys--something happened at home, and I...needed some time away.” Suho patted him on the shoulder reassuringly.

“We missed you, Soo.”

Kyungsoo perked up, “Oh! You haven’t met the new addition to the pack!” The three boys raised an eyebrow in question. “Follow me,” Kyungsoo led them to where Yixing was working. By now, Yixing had his own tent, a decent sized space for him to work and live comfortably. Kyungsoo rang the chime outside of the entrance, “Yixing are you busy?”

Not a moment later, Yixing was standing in front of the boys, “I’m not busy Kyungsoo, did you need something?”

“Yixing I want you to meet my friends and future pack mates. Baekhyun, Chanyeol’s mate; Xiumin, Chen’s mate; and Suho, Sehun’s mate. Suho actually lives here in the forest and knows a bit about the nature as well.” Yixing bowed deeply to the men, smiling and greeting each of them. “It’s a pleasure to meet you all. My name is Yixing and I’m the new pack healer. I hope we can get along.” The three looked at each other in surprise, then at Kyungsoo. “He’s so polite,” Suho said. Kyungsoo chuckled, “Very. He’s also a bunny hybrid.”

 

“Baekkie!” Chanyeol appeared from one of the tents, running to the boy. The other wolves emerged behind him. Everyone hugged and greeted each other after not meeting for a long time. They were all aware of the upcoming event and came to help for the day.

 

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

 

Suho cut two slices of cake and served them to the two taller males. “I’m glad you guys came to taste my blackberry lime cake. It’s a new recipe I’m trying.” The two hummed in response as they scarfed down the delicious cake. Suho chuckled before walking to the kitchen to make tea.

ufDrZTrozqOgPbrp_PR8U7Y8b9PcwnalbZ99O2DoDjhYK9oJTBcMEAsKKiqt8Y-He3-2nijTdG6t1WTWDVpPODGqcWbyKbxgImpV_S5OHP_XilXJbWNN1JUxkkp8FkD6NGBJYYa3

 

After placing the three cups of tea on the coffee table, Suho heard a knock at the door. Chanyeol and Sehun remained preoccupied with their cake as the older male made his way to answer it. The moment he opened the door, someone threw themself at him. When he regained balance, he found that it was Kyungsoo’s parents. Kyungsoo’s mom was hugging him and crying, while his father stood at the doorstep, a guilty look on his face. Suho invited them inside and helped Kyungsoo’s mom to a seat. He left the room briefly to pour two more cups of tea and serve it to them.

 

Once Kyungsoo’s mom had calmed down, Suho broke the silence. “What’s the matter Mrs.Do? Have you been well?”

“Oh, dear, it’s been horrible! It’s been so long since I’ve seen my baby--have you seen him?”

Suho bit his lip, “I...I have.” Mrs.Do looked at him, worry in her eyes, “He’s okay! Where is he? Please, we have something important to tell him.” Her eyes pleaded. Suho considered bringing them to the camp, but then he remembered Kyungsoo’s words.

 

If my parents come, don’t tell them where the pack is.

 

Chanyeol and Sehun were done eating, and they sat there quietly. Kyungsoo’s parents hadn’t even noticed them, until Suho called them over. When Mrs.Do saw the two males, with their ears perked on top of their head and their tails swaying between their legs, she gasped. “Suho...what--?” She looked at the tall wolves with fright. Suho’s eyes widened and he waved his hands in front of him, “Don’t be frightened Mrs.Do, they won’t harm us.” He pulled the two down to his height and whispered, “I need you two to go get Kyungsoo, and bring him back here. Tell him his parents are here.”

KPWekJJivXE1u7HZHAc2xGzqZ5VRKCA_miWP6KbHOxoSBXUdsgC551017wiASWAHYcp7XWef0gxyRElsilmLoJm1igG43VFG0dKhSjtHQ6OplOXuWqSnN_ZN4MNsJ5ziT0EX-ZKY

Chanyeol and Sehun followed obediently, exiting through the back door and transforming to wolf form.

 

They playfully bumped into each other as they ran towards the camp.


 

Once they reached the camp, they ran straight to where Kyungsoo’s scent wafted from. The boy had been in the kitchen, helping Tao prepare herbs and vegetables for dinner. He was startled when he saw the two large wolves running toward him. They shifted back to normal, and stopped Kyungsoo from what he was doing, “We need to go back to Suho’s house. Your parents are asking for you.” Chanyeol pulled Kyungsoo outside. Kyungsoo’s eyes widened, “My parents? At Suho’s house?” Jongin walked up to the three.

“What’s going on here?”

Kyungsoo began walking away quickly, “I need to go to Suho’s house--” Jongin grabbed his wrist, “I’ll take you.”

 

The three taller male shifted back to wolf form and Kyungsoo climbed on Jongin’s back before they sped off to Suho’s house.

 

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

 

When Kyungsoo caught sight of the cottage, his stomach filled with butterflies. What could his parents want? Were they still angry? What's going to happen to Jongin, Chanyeol and Sehun?

He slowly climbed off of Jongin, peering through one of the windows. He could see Suho talking to someone.

Kyungsoo took a deep breath before walking to the front door and knocking. The door immediately opened, Suho standing there with a concerned look on his face. “They need to talk to you.” He stepped inside, eyes cast downward. He heard his parents standing before enveloping him in a hug, “Oh, my Kyunggie, we missed you so much!” His mother cried, “I thought something might have happened to you!”

Kyungsoo felt guilty, but he remained serious. He waited for his mother to calm down before taking a step away from his parents to talk. “Why did you come here?” He kept his voice neutral. His father stepped forward, “We have to tell you something.”

“Whatever you have to say to me, you can say to Jongin.” He moved to the side to reveal Jongin, Chanyeol, and Sehun standing behind him in their wolf forms. Chanyeol and Sehun joined Suho, while Jongin took his place at Kyungsoo’s side.

Image result for suho sehun kyungsoo

 

“This has to do with him, actually.” His father spoke before taking a seat and instructing the others to do so. Jongin changed back to normal and sat with Kyungsoo on a couch near the front door.

Kyungsoo’s mother spoke in a soft voice, “After you left, your father and I had a talk. I want to start off by saying that we’re so sorry, sweetie. Jongin really seems like a sweet boy. “

“We’re sorry for reacting the way we did. It was extremely immature of us.” His father spoke next. Kyungsoo sat there, eyes wide at what his parents were saying.

“I realize you're old enough to be making your own decisions, and who you want to be with is up to you. You'll still always be my little boy.” Mrs.Do looked over to where Sehun and Suho sat, holding hands. She looked back to the wide-eyed boy. “As we can see, you're not alone, either. We want you to be happy, and we shouldn't have let Jongin’s species change what we thought about him.”

“What we're trying to say is, we're sorry for acting so horrible that day and we hope you can forgive us. We fully support your relationship with Jongin.”

Kyungsoo couldn't believe his ears. He just sat there, frozen. Beside him, Jongin was ecstatic. He stood and hugged Kyungsoo’s parents thanking them over and over. When the realization finally sank in, Kyungsoo jumped to his feet, pulling his mother in for a tight hug.

“I also realize that you're old enough to choose whether you want to live with Jongin. I just beg you, make sure to visit from time to time.”

“Of course, Mom. I'm just speechless right now.” He felt tears roll down his cheeks.

“I can tell you two have a much deeper connection and that you really love each other. So please, live the life you want to live. We give our blessings.” His father joined in on the hug.


 

After talking some more, and the 7 of them getting to know each other, Kyungsoo’s parents decided to go back home. They all said their farewells, Kyungsoo’s father giving Jongin a pat on the shoulder. “Take care of my son, will you?”

“With all my life, Sir.”

The man smiled, following his wife out the door.

 

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

 

The ride back to the camp was a pleasant one. Kyungsoo felt as if a weight had been lifted off of his chest. When they arrived at the camp, Kyungsoo practically jumped off of Jongin before attacking him with a hug. Jongin had barely any time to shift back to human form, but he tried to hug back as much as he could.

“Jongin, I love you so much!”

Jongin felt his heart skip a beat. He really loved this boy.

When Kyungsoo finally released his death grip on Jongin, the younger changed back to normal. He picked Kyungsoo up suddenly, causing the smaller to yelp in surprise, and carried him to their tent. He placed Kyungsoo on the bed and lay next to him. “I love you, Kyungsoo.”

Kyungsoo’s cheeks heated up. Even after all this time, Jongin still made him feel flustered. Now that his parents approved of their relationship, he was beginning to feel a lot better about staying with Jongin. He wrapped his arms around Jongin’s waist, and nuzzled into his chest. Jongin pulled him closer and they shared a sweet, soft kiss before falling asleep.

 

__________________________________________________________

Hello! It's Avonelle_Exo-L again! I'm so sorry it's been a while since we last updated... I actually finished this chapter a while back, but I was nervous to post it. We recently got off of our Thanksgiving break, and we have tests and midterms coming up ㅠㅠ But once we are on winter break, I promise we will work on more chapters! I hope you enjoyed this chapter-- I added some pictures that gave me inspiration--and I promise the next chapter will be worth the wait! To any US readers, I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!