---

December

Jaehyun wakes up on a December morning with a feeling of disappointment when he notices that the other side of the bed was cold, meaning that his younger lover wasn’t in bed beside him. Sitting up with a frown, Jaehyun looks around the room and calls out the younger’s name. He drags himself out of bed when he doesn’t get an answer and exits the bedroom to look for the younger.

It didn’t take long to find the other, as the first thing he saw when he exited the room was a mess of purple hair sticking out from the other side of the couch. Jaehyun smiles to himself and sneaks up behind the younger, quickly wrapping his arms around him before giving him a peck on the cheek. He chuckles when the other flinches and looks back at him wide-eyed.

“Oh my god Jae you scared the out of me.” Mark breathes out while taking off his headphones.

“Sorry.” Jaehyun mutters and gives the other a peck on the lips and lets a lazy smile spread on his lips. “Mornin’”

“Good morning” Mark sighs and leans his head back on the older’s shoulder.

Jaehyun starts combing his hand through Mark’s hair as the younger asks if he slept well. "Mmyeah, but you weren’t there when I woke up though. It was cold." He pouts.

Mark looks up at the other and smiles apologetically. “Sorry, but you looked so peaceful I didn’t want to disturb you. I’m actually surprised I was able to sneak out without waking you, you should praise me.” He giggles and looks down at the book he had been reading before the older interrupted him.

“Yeah yeah whatever.” Jaehyun chuckles fondly and ruffles Mark’s hair while standing up straight. “I’m gonna make us some breakfast.”

Mark mumbles an ‘ok’ and lays down in a more comfortable position on the couch before proceeding to read his book. He doesn’t get far though as his eyes start feeling heavy after reading only a few words, and eventually falls asleep, the book slipping out of his hands and falling to the floor.

Jaehyun is so busy with making pancakes, that he doesn’t notice his younger lover has fallen asleep until he turns around to announce that breakfast was ready. A loving smile spreads on his face as he sees Mark’s peaceful sleeping face squished into a pillow. He walks over and sits down on the little space left on the couch and carefully runs a hand through the younger’s dyed hair while quietly telling him to wake up.

Mark slowly opens his eyes and looks a little confused as to why he was sleeping, before sitting up and rubbing his eyes with one hand while the other rested on Jaehyun’s thigh out of habit. “Breakfast?” He asks and yawns. The older nods, pulling him to his feet and leads him to the kitchen, where a plate of freshly made pancakes stands in the middle of their small dining table. “It smells really good.” Mark comments and takes out the maple syrup from the fridge.

“Of course it does. My pancakes are amazing.” Jaehyun jokes with a wink and sits down in front of the younger, ignoring the way he rolls his eyes at his answer.

 

--

 

They quickly finish their breakfast, admist some banter of any topic they could think of and random laughs or giggles coming from the younger. Out of pure laziness they decide to leave the dishes in the sink rather than cleaning them straight away, and choose to chill on the couch instead. Not a lot of time passes before Jaehyun’s phone starts vibrating profusely, Taeyong spamming him with messages.

tytrack 09.24
Heyy wanna hang 2day?

tytrack 09.25
Jaeeee

tytrack 09.26
I know you’re up at this hour come on D:

woojae 09.26
New phone, who this?

tytrack 09.27
Rude :(

tytrack 09.27
Yuta, Sicheng n I were thinking of going 2 the mall 2day. U and Mark wanna join?

woojae 09.28
Why would I willingly go out in the freezing cold and make my bae suffer with me. Have you checked the weather? It’s like Antarctica out there

tytrack 09.28
Ur not gna be outside long. Just on the way 2 and from the mall, not 2 bad :D

woojae 09.28
You do realize we have to walk pretty far to get to the bus that goes there right?

“Hey Mark, Yong wants us to go hang out at the mall today. Thoughts?” Jaehyun asks.

Mark looks back from where he’s browsing through their games beside the TV. “I’d rather not. It’s kinda freezing out there.” He answers and looks down to continue his browsing.

woojae 09.31
We’ll pass. Mark says it’s too cold, and you know it’s bad when a Canadian thinks it’s too cold.

tytrack 09.33
U guys r no fun :((

woojae 09.33
No we’d just rather have fun while being warm. Have fun freezing your asses off <3 Give Sicheng a hug from me

tytrack 09.34
Sicheng is 2 good 4 ur hugs :I

Jaehyun laughs lightly to himself and puts away his phone. “We’re staying in today.” He states, and leans back into the couch.

“Nice. What are we gonna do though?”

“Well the best way of remaining warm is with the heat of another body. So cuddling obviously, and we could also-”

“Play video games!” Mark interrupts and holds up the game-case for Splatoon

“Great minds think alike.” Jaehyun says and beckons the other to sit with him on the couch.

Mark puts the game into the console, picks up the controllers and quickly moves over to the sofa. He sits down with his legs crossed over Jaehyun’s, practically sitting in his lap, and hands him a controller. “‘m gonna kick your , so you better be prepared.” He grins.

Jaehyun smirks down at him, wrapping an arm around his waist before looking back up at the TV. “You wish.”