02.

Mujigae Days

“Someone looks pretty happy today.” Jaehwan teased, taking a seat next to Sanghyuk who was all smiles. Jaehwan just arrived when he witnessed his friend acting like an idiot (smiling at everyone creepily) and thanks to Jaehwan’s hyper-imaginary vision, he even imagined Sanghyuk glowing bright pink with all the blooming flowers and floating hearts. The guy was definitely in his happy place.

 

“Let me guess.” Jaehwan leaned back on his chair. “Hongbin?”

 

The sound of Hongbin’s name was like symphony to Sanghyuk’s ears. He bobbed his head and turned to his friend. Sanghyuk blushed, “I saw Hongbin…smile at me…It was the best thing I’ve ever seen.”

 

“Judging by your look, it sure hell was.” Jaehwan grinned. He was happy for his friend. Sanghyuk was in some deep depression (with all the tissues, sappy romantic movies and pint loads of ice cream) when his girlfriend broke up with him. It was great to see him smile like an innocent person.

 

It wasn’t long when Taekwoon arrived. He casually walked to his table and greeted the two. He put down his bag and crossed his arms and legs, glancing between Sanghyuk and Jaehwan. One was putting off the scent of a person deeply in love while the other one was plotting for something sadistic. He shook his head, these two don’t have any idea at all. “Guys.”

 

Sanghyuk snapped out of his daydreaming and turned to Taekwoon. Jaehwan followed. “Hmm?”

 

“Did you guys do your history homework?”

 

“…”

 

“…”

 

“OMYGAHD!!” Sanghyuk shrieked but quickly returned to his happy place. He would rather be with imaginary Hongbin than accept reality. "Okay..."

 

“! WE HAVE HOMEWORK?!?!?” Jaehwan fumed.

 

Taekwoon sighed. I knew it. It was a good thing he loved his friends or else those two won’t survive history period at all. Their history teacher can be mean and strict. He pulled out his notebook and offered it to both his friends. Jaehwan and Sanghyuk shouted triumphantly. They seriously can’t survive without Taekwoon.

 

“You’re a life saver, Mimi!” Jaehwan took the notebook from Taekwoon’s hands and sent flying kisses to his quiet friend. “Mwah, mwah. Have my kisses.”

 

“Rather not. Thanks.” Taekwoon said. He glanced at Sanghyuk and found the boy on the brink of crying. Sanghyuk sniffed. He reached out for Taekwoon’s hand and gently squeezed it. Taekwoon restrained himself from smiling. The two had a moment of understanding…they’re the only ones who understood what was happening between them. Like really.

 

“Thank you very much, Taekwoon.” Sanghyuk wailed.

 

“Dude. Just go and copy it.” Taekwoon pulled his hand away. “Stop crying. Jaehwan’s copying already.”

 

Sanghyuk turned to Jaehwan and found his friend already copying the second item. Sanghyuk hit Jaehwan’s back and cursed. “YA! No fair, Jaehwan!”

 

Taekwoon smiled. Such a normal day.


Lunch time.

 

The three waited in line on getting their meals. While waiting, Sanghyuk can’t stop himself from searching Hongbin at the cafeteria. He must be here somewhere. Taekwoon was the first one to buy, then Jaehwan. Once it was Sanghyuk’s turn, he panicked. He didn’t know what to buy. Looking for Hongbin caused him to forget on what to buy. Sanghyuk scanned today’s menu. He wasn’t that hungry so he decided to go and buy bread instead. But what kind of bread? Soba bread or chocolate bread?

 

“I’ll have the choco—“

 

“One chocolate bread please.”

 

Sanghyuk recognized the deep voice beside him. He turned and saw Hongbin. Sanghyuk felt like he was ambushed. WHAT THE— A loud gasp came out of Sanghyuk. Hongbin glanced his way and noticed the blushing Sanghyuk. “Oh. It’s you again.”

 

“H-hi!” Sanghyuk greeted as normal as he could ever be.

 

Hongbin paid the cafeteria lady and thanked her once he received his chocolate bread. The seller called out Sanghyuk’s attention and asked what he wanted. Sanghyuk pointed at the same bread and smiled at the seller. Outside, it may look like Sanghyuk was rather calm but on the inside he was sure hell nervous. His hands were sweaty, his heart was beating faster than ever and his eyes kept on wavering at Hongbin who was for some reason waiting for him. Sanghyuk finally got his chocolate bread (two because he was a growing kid and he has some serious large appetite) and smiled nervously at Hongbin. Just then Taekwoon appeared next to Sanghyuk and took one of his chocolate bread. The guy has a sweets detector, for crying out loud.

 

“Taekwoon! If you’re going to get one, pay up.” Sanghyuk complained. Taekwoon nodded. He pulled out some change from his pocket and handed it to his friend who was making his signature duck face. Sanghyuk remembered Hongbin still being present and apologized. “Ah, Hongbin—this is Taekwoon. He’s a friend of mine. Hongbin, Taekwoon. Taekwoon, Hongbin.”

 

Taekwoon and Hongbin’s eyes met. The two bowed and exchanged greetings. “It’s nice to meet you, Taekwoon.”

 

“You too.” Taekwoon answered.

 

Hongbin then turned to Sanghyuk who was smiling because of the interaction between his friend and his crush. “See you later then, Sanghyuk.” Hongbin said, leaving first. Sanghyuk waved goodbye and watched Hongbin walk away.

 

“See you.” Sanghyuk blushed.

 

“You’re drooling.” Taekwoon commented, jokingly. Sanghyuk apologized even though he wasn’t really doing anything. Taekwoon flicked Sanghyuk’s forehead and led his friend to their table. “Come on lover boy, let’s go.”

They reached the table where Jaehwan was happily eating his lunch. “What took you so long?” Jaehwan asked.

 

Sanghyuk smiled and let out an awkward laugh. “Hongbin.” He even sang it this time.

 

Taekwoon took a bite from the chocolate bread he stole (well technically bought) from Sanghyuk and told Jaehwan about the conversation they had. Jaehwan chuckled and boosted Sanghyuk’s morale by telling him a good job, even though there wasn’t really any progress at all.

 

“Oh, by the way.” Jaehwan changed the topic, “Exams are coming up. And, you guys know that I rarely listen to class. So…” Taekwoon and Sanghyuk had their ears listened to Jaehwan while they busied themselves with their food. “How about we have a study session?”

 

“Oh! Yeah, we should.” Sanghyuk agreed. “My grades right now for math and science aren’t that good.”

 

“Me too. I have history as well.” Jaehwan sulked. The duo eyed Taekwoon. Both knew that Taekwoon wasn’t the type of student to struggle in class. The guy aced all of his subjects and is one of the top students of the school. The guy has a reputation of being perfect in everything and so far, it's all true.

 

“Technically, you’re saying that I should teach you?” Taekwoon almost half way done with his bread. Jaehwan bobbed his head, happy that Taekwoon managed to decipher his hidden meaning. “Fine.”

 

“Yay! Okay, we’ll be studying at Mimi’s place on Friday, call?” Jaehwan pointed at Sanghyuk then at Taekwoon, making sure of their plan. The trio agreed and went back to eating.

 

“They seriously have some good chocolate bread.” Hyuk munched on his bread.


Classes resumed. Yet, Sanghyuk’s thoughts were somewhere else. He stared blankly at the field where a class was attending P.E. classes. Sitting near the window has its perks after all. His thoughts were completely filled with Hongbin that was for sure. He was going nuts. Speaking of Hongbin. Sanghyuk noticed a certain boy running in the field. Hongbin.

Hongbin sported the school’s P.E uniform like he was going to have a photoshoot for an editorial magazine. He had his jogging pants folded to his knees, his shirt fitted to his body just enough for anyone to be mesmerized with his beautiful pectorals and biceps, his hair wet and his gaze serious. Sanghyuk, stop imagining will you? I blame the animes I have watched for the past few days…They’ve literally blinded me.

While Sanghyuk was in his own happy place once again, Taekwoon was busy copying notes and listening to their teacher, and Jaehwan was pretending to be copying notes when he was actually sketching a certain face of a boy he met that morning.

 

So cute. Jaehwan smiled, satisfied with his sketch. He wondered when will be the next time he will get to meet the stranger. Soon, I hope.


Classes had finally ended. The trio walked out of their classroom; Jaehwan invited the two to accompany him to a book store since he wanted to buy the new volume of a magazine he has been reading for quite some time now. “Sorry, I can’t.” Taekwoon said, pulling out his phone from his bag. “I’m meeting up with my—“

 

“Oh, you have a date?” Jaehwan butted in. Taekwoon nodded. “I see, I see. It’s okay~”

 

“I envy you, Taekwoon.” Sanghyuk sighed. “If I could take Hongbin out on a date too, that would be nice.”

 

“You will.” Taekwoon tried comforting his sulky friend. “In time.”

 

They got out of the building and were approaching the school gates when someone suddenly attacked Taekwoon with a surprise hug. “TAEKWOONIE~” Sanghyuk and Jaehwan held it each other close, surprised and scared from what just happened. Taekwoon chuckled. He gently pulled the person away from him and pinched the guy’s cheeks. “What are you doing here, Hakyeon? I told you to meet me at the bus stop.”

 

“I thought it would be cool if I surprise you here.” Hakyeon smiled, his hands holding Taekwoon’s. He then noticed the two awkward students hugging each other behind Taekwoon. “Oh, are these your friends?”

 

Taekwoon nodded. By the time Taekwoon took a look at Sanghyuk and Jaehwan, the two were acting all normal and macho for some weird reason. Jaehwan was stretching his arms while Sanghyuk was doing clearing his throat. What the hell are you two doing? Taekwoon thought. He then pulled Hakyeon closer to his side and introduced him. “This is Hakyeonnie.”

 

Hakyeon beamed and waved a hello to the duo. “Hi! I’m Taekwoon’s boyfriend, Cha Hakyeon.”

 

“Jaehwan.”

 

“I’m Sanghyuk.”

 

“…”

 

“Oh…Hi….OHHHHHHHH!!!!!!” Sanghyuk and Jaehwan acted all stupid for a second and just realized that he was Taekwoon’s boyfriend. “SO YOU’RE THE LUCKY GUY WHO TOOK OUR TAEKWOON’S HEART!”

 

Taekwoon face palmed. The two were definitely plotting to embarrass him. Hakyeon laughed. Taekwoon threatened to punch the two. It was a good thing Hakyeon prevented him from doing so. “That was really cringe-y and cheesy but yes. That’s me!”

 

“You two look so cute together.” Jaehwan smiled cheekily. He wanted to provoke Taekwoon and it seemed like his method was working. Taekwoon kicked Jaehwan but the latter was too fast and avoided it without a problem.

 

“Taekwoonie.” Hakyeon pulled back Taekwoon and scolded him. “You shouldn’t do that.”

 

“Sorry.” Taekwoon mumbled. “Just let me do this one time?” Hakyeon sneered. Taekwoon raised a finger, saying that he will only do it once. Hakyeon chuckled. He has a weak spot for Taekwoon.

 

“Fine. Just once.” By the time Hakyeon had agreed, Jaehwan was already running to the bus stop. Taekwoon chased their foreigner looking friend leaving Sanghyuk with Hakyeon. The two smiled at each other.

 

“Thank you for taking care of Taekwoonie when I’m not around.” Hakyeon said, “And for being friends with him. I guess you two know how quiet and reserved he can be sometime.”

 

Sanghyuk laughed it off and told Hakyeon that Taekwoon isn’t really a problem and that he’s happy to be friends with such a nice person like Taekwoon. Just then, a loud cry came out and it wasn’t Jaehwan’s. The two searched for Taekwoon and Jaehwan and found Taekwoon being chased by Jaehwan with a whip. It seems like Jaehwan’s sadistic side has been unleashed.“I guess that’s my cue.” Sanghyuk chuckled. “I have to stop Jaehwan before it’s too late.”

 

“I’ll help.” Hakyeon raised his hand. “Taekwoon never learns.”


“Too bad the two didn’t want to come with us today.” Hakyeon said.

 

“They don’t want to bother our date. Plus they’d rather go somewhere than tag along with us.” Taekwoon retorted. Hakyeon then touched Taekwoon’s cheek that still had Jaehwan’s red handprint. In the end, Taekwoon wasn’t able to escape from Jaehwan. “Does it hurt?”

 

“Not that much.” Taekwoon muttered. A hint of red spreading through his cheeks.

 

Taekwoon and Hakyeon walked next to each other eating ice cream. Hakyeon had his arm locked around his boyfriend’s. People were staring but the two didn’t care. To hell with them and their judging stares.“So, Sanghyuk’s the one who has a crush on this Hongbin guy?” Hakyeon took a spoonful of Taekwoon’s chocolate ice cream. Taekwoon nodded. He then motioned for Hakyeon to feed him his banana ice cream; he unhesitatingly did so. “And does Hongbin have a clue?”

 

“The two barely even talk to each other.” Taekwoon smiled at the idea. “I know that the only words they have exchanged with each other are hellos and goodbyes.”

 

Hakyeon stopped on his track. Taekwoon, confused by his action. Hakyeon beamed. “I have an idea. You’re going tutor Jaehwan and Sanghyuk on Friday, right?” Taekwoon nodded. “Perfect! Invite Hongbin over to your place.”

 

“I don’t think that’s a—“

 

“Trust me, Taekwoonie.”

 

“Okay. If you say so.” Taekwoon and Hakyeon resumed walking.

 

“By the way, I’m coming over too.” Hakyeon whispered. “Because I want to see the progress and because I want to see my boyfriend on weekends. I just can’t get enough of you.”

 

Taekwoon stifled a laugh, blush eminent on his face. That was completely out of nowhere. Hakyeon really knows his way around him. Taekwoon then took a good look at Hakyeon who was acting all giddy and such. “Seriously?...stop that…” Hakyeon chuckled. He was seriously winning over Taekwoon’s affection.


“Dude.”

 

“Dude.”

 

“I am seriously going to punish you.” Jaehwan incited. He was dead serious.

 

Sanghyuk laughed mockingly. “I won’t let you spank my if that’s what you are saying, Jaehwan.”

 

After buying Jaehwan’s desired magazine, the duo decided to play at an arcade nearby since there weren’t any homeworks or cram school that day. The two were playing a very intense game of Mortal Kombat and were already in the last round. So far, Jaehwan was winning by just one game. But of course, Sanghyuk wouldn’t let his sadistic friend who hasn’t had any action since his last break up win. His was on the line for Christ’s sakes.

 

 

“WOOHOO!” Jaehwan cheered. “You lost, Hyukkie.”

 

Sanghyuk cursed at the screen and punched the controller, irritated with the outcome. He didn’t want his get spanked by Jaehwan. Especially by Jaehwan. The guy carries a whip on his bag for crying out loud. WHO THE HELL DOES THAT?

 

“Let my live, Jaehwan.” Sanghyuk sunk his head on the controller. “I beg of you!”

 

“Hm. Let me think.” Jaehwan smirked. “If I don’t get to punish you, I won’t be enjoying my win at all.”

 

“Let me do you a favor then.”

 

“Fine. Let me spank you.” Jaehwan grabbed his bag, preparing to get his whip.

 

“NOT LIKE THAT!” Sanghyuk fumed. Jaehwan rolled his eyes and gave up. He then asked what kind of favor did Sanghyuk was able to do. Sanghyuk had to use his words carefully. One wrong word or move and he’ll surely be walking limp on the way home. “Anything that won’t result to me getting hurt specifically my and I won’t do anything sadistic…for your pleasure.”

 

“Boo you.” Jaehwan pouted. It took him a minute to think about Sanghyuk’s offer. Winning and not even getting what he wants wasn’t fair. Just then an idea came to Jaehwan. He grinned. “Okay. Deal. I have a favor in mind.”

 

“Shoot.” Sanghyuk sighed a relief once Jaehwan took the bait. My has been saved.

 

Jaehwan then rummaged through his bag, pulled out his notebook and showed a sketch of a guy he had been drawing since their afternoon classes started. One look at it and Jaehwan immediately knew Sanghyuk recognized the beautiful 2D stranger on paper. The look on Sanghyuk’s face was undeniably obvious.

 

“Uhm…”Sanghyuk gulped. “What do you want me to…?”

 

“You know him, don’t you?” Jaehwan tilted his head on one side. “Don’t you?” Jaehwan quickly transformed from happy Jaehwan to sadistic Jaehwan. Sanghyuk didn’t respond. Jaehwan then handed the notebook to Sanghyuk. “I want you to find him for me.”

 

“…Sure…”


Sanghyuk arrived home and was greeted by his sister who was busy cooking dinner. He climbed upstairs and went to his bedroom and was greeted by his neighbor/childhood friend who was sitting on the floor reading one of Sanghyuk’s mangas.“What are you doing here?” Sanghyuk threw his bag on the floor and sat beside his friend.

 

“I had nothing to do.” He said, flipping to the next page. “Plus. I’m here to show you this.”

 

“What is it?”

 

Sanghyuk’s friend pulled out their favorite manga from his bag and grinned like a little kid. “The new volume is out.”

 

Sanghyuk smiled brightly. “Oh hell yeah! I can’t believe you bought it, Wonsik!”

 

Wonsik crossed his arms, proud of himself. He nonchalantly shrugged and acted like it was nothing. When in truth, he waited in line for an hour just to buy it. Sanghyuk then noticed how many band aids was on Wonsik. He pointed one on Wonsik’s chin and asked where he got it.

 

“Ah. This?” Wonsik laughed. “I got it while I was going to school. The brakes on my bicycle wasn’t working and I hit a post. It’s nothing big.” He then mentioned of meeting a guy who was kind enough to give him the band aids and felt a little bad since he wasn’t able to properly thank the stranger. Sanghyuk smiled at his friend. Oh so that was how you two met…I can’t believe it…I don’t think I can introduce you to Jaehwan…the guy’s complete nuts. You’re too innocent for that, Wonsik. I’m telling you. “I hope I get to meet him again.”

 

“Oh…really…” Sanghyuk mumbled.


Friday.

After classes, the trio went to their respective homes. After refreshing themselves and preparing their things since they planned to crash at Taekwoon’s house over the weekend, Sanghyuk and Jaehwan met up and went together to Taekwoon’s house.

 

“So, how’s my favor doing?” Jaehwan asked as they walked.

 

Sanghyuk chuckled nervously. “Uhm…about that…” before Sanghyuk could give an excuse, Jaehwan reminded him that his was on the line. Sanghyuk smiled and reported that he has already located the person. Jaehwan smiled maliciously and walked ahead of Sanghyuk. I’m sorry, my friend. I traded your life for the safety of my .

The duo arrived at Taekwoon’s house and was greeted by Taekwoon and Hakyeon. Apparently, Hakyeon visited Taekwoon and was planning to stay the night as well. Taekwoon led them to his bedroom and made them feel comfortable by asking if they want to drink or eat something. Sanghyuk and Jaehwan sat across Hakyeon who continued reading one of Taekwoon’s leisure books. Just then, someone rang the bell. Taekwoon excused himself to go get the door.

 

“Will you be studying too, Hakyeon?” Jaehwan asked, taking out his notebooks. Hakyeon shook his head and told them that they’ve already taken their exams last week. Sanghyuk and Jaehwan moaned in jealousy. “Good for you!”

 

“I know.”

 

“I’m back.” Taekwoon came in with someone. Everyone turned and saw Hongbin with Taekwoon. Sanghyuk’s jaw dropped open. HOW ON EARTH AM I GOING TO STUDY NOW????? Sanghyuk screamed to himself. “Hongbin will be joining us for today.”

 

No , Sherlock.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Chapter 2 is out^^ Thank you thank you to those who have subscribed, upvoted and commented. I'm happy seeing your feedbacks~ I'll try my very best to keep you guys happy (and of course, neo, raken and hyukbin happy as well)