New family

One and Only

Seohyun pov

I saw his jaw drops when my mom strode down the stairs. I had to admit that I felt uncomfortable the way he looked at my mom. His eyes shine brightly and he carved a smile. Mom was pretty nervous when she walked toward us.  

     

"How was it? Is it too much? Do you think I should change? Do my hair look okay? ", Mom bombered me with so many question. I held her hand and squeeze a little to reassure her.

"You looked stunning. I wonder if you're on the late 40. You looked young mom ", I broke a smile. 

Mom giggled before she pinched my nose. "oh you with your sweet word ", 

The guy who were being our listener all the time stood beside my mom "You're gorgeous tonight ", He gazed and smiled. 

Mom cheeks flushed red. "Thank you ", She said shyly. They were like having a staring contest when suddenly I cleared my throat which made both of them looked away.

"Erm, I think you should go now before you're late ", Mom nodded and fixing her hair. "Right, I should go first. ", She paused "I'm sorry for leaving you alone, dear ", She sighed. 

I smiled . "Go have some fun, mom. But don't drink too much okay? ", We were walking and stopped at the door.

"I won't. I promised you ", she grinned and gave me a hug before walking toward the car. "Take care, dear. Don't wait for me ", She said and waved before entering the car.

"Don't worry, I will look after your mom ", Uncle Jisub said and his hand reached to ruffle my hair when I moved away. I could sense his face suddenly change. Feeling bad I quickly said thank you and closed the door behind me.

I peeked through the window and saw the car drove away from our garage.

I will look after your mom. 

I don't know why I hate it when he said like that. The word keep bugging at me. 

I climbed up to my room and sat on my study desk. I looked at the picture infront of me. Mom, Dad and me. We took this picture 3 years ago when we were at New Zealand. Dad who were hugging me from behind and mom clinged into my dad right arm. We were happy. I smiled. I looked happier the most. 

I caressed dad face in the picture. "I missed you so much ", I felt a liquid drop from my eyes. 

I wiped my tears and heaved out a sighed " Mom looked gorgeous tonight for the company dinner, dad. I wish you can see her - I closed my eyes. 

"Uncle Jisub promised me that he will looked after mom ". I sobbed. "Dad, I hope Uncle Jisub doesn't meant it forever ", I brought the picture closed to my chest. 

I really hope. 

~~~

No one pov

2 months after

"He remind me of your dad. The way he took care of me. I think I've fallen inlove ", Her mom looked down and caress her hand. They were having a late night talk in her room when she suddenly brought up about Uncle Jisub.

Words couldn't describe how crashed her heart that time. Joohyun took a deep breathe and released it. She knew this thing would come but she doesn't thought this soon. 

"Did he proposed to you? ", She nodded and still looking down, feeling guilty.  "and you say? ", 

"I will ask you first ", 

"Mom - ", Her mom looked at her.

How she hate the word that came from after this. "You deserved this mom. Just go for it ", Her mom tears up and brought her to a hug. "Thank you, dear ", 

"But mom - I think it's little bit hard for me to accept Uncle Jisub that soon. So I hope you understand ", She caressed Joohyun hair and nodded. "It's fine, dear ",

Joohyun tightened her hug. 

"Thank you so much ", Her mom whispered. 

~~~

The wedding went smoothly. They made a small wedding ceremony at her backyard and invited only the close relatives. Other than that no one knows even her best friend.

Joohyun looked at her mom who were happily taking a wedding photo with Uncle Jisub. 

 

 

 

 "The last time I saw her smile widely when she was with you dad ", and today she managed to see that again. 

As long as mom happy, I'll be happy too for her, Joohyun thought with a smile and went inside the house.

~~~

"What?! I thought he doesn't have a son ", Joohyun blurted. She was shocked. She never thought because he didn't mention about his son when he visited them before. 

 Uncle Jisub had arrived at the airport by the time her mom spoke up. 

"He adopted one ", Mrs Seo looked at her worriedly. She knew that her daughter would hate this but she still had to said it before her husband arrived. She don't want it to be complicated when they arrived. 

"Why I didn't know that? ", Joohyun softly asked. "Why you must tell me now? ", She continued. Joohyun clearly looked upset. 

"I'm sorry dear. I was afraid you will called off the wedding. I'm sorry for being selfish ",  

Joohyun looked away " It's not like I have any choice right ", Why must this happen to me. " How old is he? ",

"He's 2 years older than you ", Joohyun heaved out a loud sighed. 

"Dear, can you promise me to be nice when you met him? ", Her mom pleaded. Joohyun slowly nodded. "My daughter is the best ", Mrs Seo playfully pinched her nose. 

VROOMM 

They have arrived. Mrs Seo clasped her hand together and beamed lightly. "They're here. Let's greet them, dear ", Her mom stood up and walked to the door.

"Annyeonghaseyo ", Mrs Seo greet them just the time her husband and Jaehyun closed the door. 

Uncle Jisub walked toward Mrs Seo and s his hand around her waist. "Jaehyun, let me introduce you, your mom ",

"Annyeonghaseyo, Omonim ", Jaehyun politely bowed and plastered a smile.

She bowed back. "Annyeonghaseyo, Just called me mom ", Mrs Seo said excitedly. " You're so handsome ", She praised. 

Jaehyun face turned red. "Aigooo, Kamsahamnida ", He bowed again. 

"Yahhh, but your husband still the most handsome right? ", Uncle Jisub brought her wife closer. Mrs Seo pushed him a bit. 

"You can't compare with him. ", She jokingly said made the later widen his eyes. 

"Yahhh ", Mrs Seo ignored his whiny husband. "I already prepared the lunch. You must be hungry right. Come let's eat.", She invited him in. 

"ahh yess ", Jaehyun nodded. 

"Dad, you go first, I'll bring the luggage inside ", His dad nodded and went inside with her wife.

Mrs Seo stopped walking when she saw Joohyun climb down the stairs. "Hyun-ah. Why you're late? ",

Joohyun looked at their skinship. "Yoona called me just now ", 

Sensing the way her daughter looking at her waist. Mrs Seo quickly pushed his hand away. Uncle Jisub just smiled at her daughter. 

"Erm. Can you help your brother, sweetheart? ", Joohyun nodded and walked when her mom called her. 

She looked behind. Her mom pointed at . Signaling her to smile. 

Joohyun make an okay gesture and went to the garage. She found him at the trunk but still didn't saw his face yet because he was busy pulling out the bag. 

"Let me help you ", 

Jaehyun turned his head to find an angel stood beside him. 

Feeling uncomfortable with the stareness, Joohyun quickly faking a cough which gladly make him back to his sense. 

"a-ah y-yes ", Jaehyun startled a bit. Having a beautiful girl stood close beside him making him more nervous. 

"Thank you ", Jaehyun sincerely said after they managed to pull out the luggage. 

Joohyun faked a smiled before walking away. Just be nice to him for today, she reminded herself. 

Jaehyun entered the house later just to find them in the dining table. "Put your luggage aside and come join us first ", His dad ordered him. 

He walked to the table and sat beside the girl that made him flutter.

"Before we start eating let me introduce you, your sister, Seo Joohyun ", His dad stated and looked at both his children.

Joohyun irked a bit hearing the word sister. She still can't adapted to it yet. 

"Joohyun, your brother, Jae hyun ", Uncle jisub continued. 

Seohyun turned her head and bowed politely "annyeonghaseyo ", emotionless.

"d-dae, annyeonghaseyo ", He smiled and bowed. 

"nahh, now that you are siblings. You should tried called each other with a proper name. You should try first Joohyun-ah, called him 'oppa' ", His father stated making Jaehyun choked.

All eyes were on Jaehyun. Mrs Seo quickly hand him a water. 

Jaehyun without further thought immidiately gulped down the water. 

"Oppa, be careful ", 

And that's the second time he choked on himself again. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P/s: I dont know what I'm doing. My english is getting worst. T.T